Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Props to the Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    bruh I would die
    "Play like a Raven"? You're god damn right.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

He is a guy I would move up to get. You get him for five years. Yanda isn't getting any younger. Get your LG now, because you may be looking for your RG in another year or so.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

There's no question in anyone's mind that we could use pass catchers far better than what we have. However, the Offensive line has to be a priority. What we're seeing now is that they have to keep in more blockers, which limits guys going out in routes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He is a guy I would move up to get. You get him for five years. Yanda isn't getting any younger. Get your LG now, because you may be looking for your RG in another year or so.

And I think I'd feel okay with Skura as the C/G off-the-bench guy. I'd still like to see us build up depth as we move forward, but if you sign Jensen and add a guy like Nelson your C to LT are locked up for the next 5 years. That's a good start towards building a real offense. Somehow we're looking to do that in Joe's 10th year, but that's a whole other conversation.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

The interior has to be stronger. If you think that Jensen could ascend to another level with a better Guard beside him than you pay him. Joe is a pocket passer. His lateral quickness and mobility is very limited. He has a bad habit of throwing off of his backfoot. So, give him the interior line he's never had, let him get comfortable and I think you'll see a better performance from him. He plays better when he can play loose.

The entire has to be stronger. If you think that Jensen could ascend to another level with a better Guard beside him than you pay him. Joe is a pocket passer. His lateral quickness and mobility is very limited. He has a bad habit of throwing off of his backfoot. So, give him the interior line he's never had, let him get comfortable and I think you'll see a better performance from him. He plays better when he can play loose.
    Yesterday is the perfect example. He didn't have to do that "oh shit" movement multiple times.

Deep pocket, time, boom connect. Obviously it helps that the offense was actually designed yesterday.

I'm trying to remember what play it was, but Joe waited and read and someone shook open for a good completiion (feel like it was Maclin).

We always talk about guys not runnign open, well sometimes that happens becuase coverage only holds strong for so long. When the QB has time to wait after the initial reads/routes then you can get some more of that going.
    - Ray Lewis

7. Re: Props to the Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    GWNR, not that I'd mind that, but isn't Nelson considered a 1st round draft choice? If so, I'd rather choose a playmaker (WR or TE) that we urgently need. That is if one is available when we pick... Bc
    Ravens haven't drafted a quality WR in 20+ yrs and the only TE in recent memory who has been above avg is Pitta. Not saying they shouldn't draft a WR if they are supremely confident in that player, but in 2015 they needed a play making WR and we have seen how that has turned out. Much rather see them take a stud OL or LB, postions they have had success drafting and spend some cap space in getting a legit #1 WR FA.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It'd all come down to who is available of course, but I've kind of changed my tune on building an offense.

I really think the key is to establish a line before the playmakers. Especially with Joe. The story of Joe's career has always told that if you keep him up right and give him time, he can make things happen.

BUT if we go WR or TE I wouldn't balk at it.

Basically we need offense in multiple areas. So please, Mr. Newsome, just do that.
    LOL, and if we go Oline, I guess I wouldn't balk at that either... Bc

There's no question in anyone's mind that we could use pass catchers far better than what we have. However, the Offensive line has to be a priority. What we're seeing now is that they have to keep in more blockers, which limits guys going out in routes.
    I'm not a big believer in expanding large draft capital for positions other then LT. We already have a LT and Ozzie has shown he can find guys in later rounds. Keeping them has been the problem not finding them.

Blog Entries

The interior has to be stronger. If you think that Jensen could ascend to another level with a better Guard beside him than you pay him. Joe is a pocket passer. His lateral quickness and mobility is very limited. He has a bad habit of throwing off of his backfoot. So, give him the interior line he's never had, let him get comfortable and I think you'll see a better performance from him. He plays better when he can play loose.
    The interior line hes never had? Is Grubbs/KO-Birk/Brown-Yanda not about as good as it gets?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The interior line hes never had? Is Grubbs/KO-Birk/Brown-Yanda not about as good as it gets?
    Firstly, Birk struggled the year before when they didn't sandwich him in between Yanda and Osemele. Secondly, that was only for a six game stretch and I believe this trio would be better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Ravens haven't drafted a quality WR in 20+ yrs and the only TE in recent memory who has been above avg is Pitta. Not saying they shouldn't draft a WR if they are supremely confident in that player, but in 2015 they needed a play making WR and we have seen how that has turned out. Much rather see them take a stud OL or LB, postions they have had success drafting and spend some cap space in getting a legit #1 WR FA.
    While I do feel the Ravens need a play-maker, I would not be real disappointed if they went the way your post suggests. I guess we just need good players, no matter the position, period... Bc