Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Riddle Me this: Questions and Obseravations after MNF Win

I was at a bar and couldn't hear a lot of the commentators which I hate, let me know if I missed something.

1) Can someone explain to me why we didn't have Marlon shadowing Hopkins. Literally one of the best WRs in the league, their easily best player, yet we put our 3rd CB on him? I know Jimmy got burnt, but why would you trust Carr over Jimmy covering him. How many catches did he make when he was wide the f open....let the TE beat you, let the #2 or #3 WR beat you....

2) I loved the fake punt and the play call to flip it to Collins on that 4th down, other than that a lot of those dink and dunk passes were driving me insane. Kept hearing Gruden talking about the WRs needing to step up, but Joe making these short little passes to a pass catcher that's at the LOS and immediately gets taken down doesn't really seam to be working...how about we switch it up? MM may not have a lot to work with, but I see zero creativity. Another game averaging 4.5ish yards per pass

3) What in great Odin's Raven is BP even doin on the field? Us Ravens fans for years have been saying if Camp is healthy he could do some damage and now hes a healthy scratch for BP? Seriously? What is going on with this Kid, is he just happy to be on the team? MM cant even find a way to get him the ball, hell just put him in at RB and do a sweep, although he most likely wont catch that.

4) We can win games scoring 23 points, this defense so far is the only reason we have wins basically. Maybe Harbs has this genius plan to unleash Joe during the postseason.....if we make it. It literally seems like Joe isn't allowed to do anything...at all. When Joe slid and had to come off the field....why wouldn't he call the time out?

5) Suggs is just a monster and I think he is a HoFer. I remember it being debated but I just think after hearing the way he was talked about tonight, his performance, his charisma, he is going to get in at some point. It is going to be a sad day once he retires because its clear the Ravens do not have that type of player on the roster outside of Suggs, no one with that panache and attitude, the grit. I hope he is willing to take a diminished role next year so he can be more efficient when he is out there, if someone out plays him that is...which I don't see happening.

6) That kick by Tucker was absolutely amazing (little bit of luck). Jesus.

7) Not a bad game for Collins, but I wouldn't call it a good game either. He offers nothing in the passing game, im still sticking with the premise of getting that elite play making RB that is a dual threat in the draft. Literally he got half his yards on 1 play. I like the kid, but unless they start using him better im going to continue to think he cant offer much more.

8) Penalties. Holy hell that first dive about made me want to walk out. 7-89 yards and basically led to them walking them to their first TD. No turnovers, so that's good.

We're on to Detroit

Blog Entries

Re: Riddle Me this: Questions and Obseravations after MNF Win

This is exactly how they built the team to win. None of the WRs win 1 on 1 matchups. No one wins 50/50 balls. It makes me sad watching Hopkins play. He was unstoppable. And for Fuck sakes why was he left 1 on 1. I'm sure that trips with Brown/Aj/Gordon will be in our future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    This is exactly how they built the team to win. None of the WRs win 1 on 1 matchups. No one wins 50/50 balls. It makes me sad watching Hopkins play. He was unstoppable. And for Fuck sakes why was he left 1 on 1. I'm sure that trips with Brown/Aj/Gordon will be in our future

That's wha ti don't get, im waiting for some type of explanation why you put our #3CB on him and expect him to handle him 1on1. Just like when we had Shareece fucking Wright 1on1 with Torrey Smith with no safety help....

We have a good defense, it could possibly be great and I am by no means as intelligent as some on here with Xs and Os but even I can tell you that some of these decisions don't make sense. So how can a guy who makes high six figures (maybe millions I don't know) not make better judgment calls.

Also, this offense should not be this bad. An OC who has some type of creativity would be better than a guy who was 5-27 as a HC

That Mike Wallace drop was pathetic. It was such a well placed ball

"Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

As to the shadow question, Jimmy always plays the same side and doesn't move. Not sure why that is but that's what happens.

6. Re: Riddle Me this: Questions and Obseravations after MNF Win

During the after game presser, Harbs said Humphrey tweeked his leg and that is why he was limited.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

They have a formula. We may not like it but it’s small ball, turn the other team over and win a low scoring game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    As to the shadow question, Jimmy always plays the same side and doesn't move. Not sure why that is but that's what happens.
    Would love to know why

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They have a formula. We may not like it but it’s small ball, turn the other team over and win a low scoring game.
    That formula might get us to the playoffs because of a weak schedule, but it won’t work against quality opponents.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    That Mike Wallace drop was pathetic. It was such a well placed ball

Dude never goes up to grab a ball. Always waits for the ball to come to him and by then, it's too late cause the defender is already there to contest it. He could have went up and grabbed that one (as well as plenty of others) but just waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with liking it, it's not working. We have the 31st ranked offense...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I was at a bar and couldn't hear a lot of the commentators which I hate, let me know if I missed something.

1) Can someone explain to me why we didn't have Marlon shadowing Hopkins. Literally one of the best WRs in the league, their easily best player, yet we put our 3rd CB on him? I know Jimmy got burnt, but why would you trust Carr over Jimmy covering him. How many catches did he make when he was wide the f open....let the TE beat you, let the #2 or #3 WR beat you....

2) I loved the fake punt and the play call to flip it to Collins on that 4th down, other than that a lot of those dink and dunk passes were driving me insane. Kept hearing Gruden talking about the WRs needing to step up, but Joe making these short little passes to a pass catcher that's at the LOS and immediately gets taken down doesn't really seam to be working...how about we switch it up? MM may not have a lot to work with, but I see zero creativity. Another game averaging 4.5ish yards per pass

3) What in great Odin's Raven is BP even doin on the field? Us Ravens fans for years have been saying if Camp is healthy he could do some damage and now hes a healthy scratch for BP? Seriously? What is going on with this Kid, is he just happy to be on the team? MM cant even find a way to get him the ball, hell just put him in at RB and do a sweep, although he most likely wont catch that.

4) We can win games scoring 23 points, this defense so far is the only reason we have wins basically. Maybe Harbs has this genius plan to unleash Joe during the postseason.....if we make it. It literally seems like Joe isn't allowed to do anything...at all. When Joe slid and had to come off the field....why wouldn't he call the time out?

5) Suggs is just a monster and I think he is a HoFer. I remember it being debated but I just think after hearing the way he was talked about tonight, his performance, his charisma, he is going to get in at some point. It is going to be a sad day once he retires because its clear the Ravens do not have that type of player on the roster outside of Suggs, no one with that panache and attitude, the grit. I hope he is willing to take a diminished role next year so he can be more efficient when he is out there, if someone out plays him that is...which I don't see happening.

6) That kick by Tucker was absolutely amazing (little bit of luck). Jesus.

7) Not a bad game for Collins, but I wouldn't call it a good game either. He offers nothing in the passing game, im still sticking with the premise of getting that elite play making RB that is a dual threat in the draft. Literally he got half his yards on 1 play. I like the kid, but unless they start using him better im going to continue to think he cant offer much more.

8) Penalties. Holy hell that first dive about made me want to walk out. 7-89 yards and basically led to them walking them to their first TD. No turnovers, so that's good.

We're on to Detroit
    1. Just heard on Radio Marlon Humphrey has a leg injury yet it was not disclosed so don't be surprised Harbaugh doesn't get in trouble for that.

3. Perriman seeing the field, this was Harbaughs great master motivational plan all along. It backfired which every Ravens fan expected. Perriman is a B.U.S.T plain and simple but Harbaughs head and ego is as thick as Rossanne Bars waist line on Thanksgiving.

4. There is no plan to unleash Joe during the post season. Ravens fans are beyond loyal, they are still holding out hope since 2012 that Flacco is going to turn the corner and become this ELITE Passer much like they think Ozzie will 1 day draft a WR but we all know the real truth. WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GOT.
    Flacco is never going to get any better.

8. Penalties- That 1st drive the defense looked really sloppy, thankfully they got better, but the Officials were absolutely horrendous last night. They called way too many penalties on the Ravens. Even twice Gruden stated there was absolutely no penalty, don't know what they were looking at. Very 1 sided, I know there were 3 15 yard penalties on the TExans for late hits that were blatantly ignored