Maybes:
    Brandon Williams
    CJ Mosley
    Buddy Lee

Promising starts but not enough sample size:
    Stanley
    Pierce
    Judon

Outside looking in/Ring of very good (due to lack of length or lack of stardom)
    Jarrett Johnson
    Matt Birk
    Webb
    Boldin
    Weddle
    SSr
    Rice (due to incident)
    Pitta

Too early to tell (only 1 season):
    Collins
    Humphrey

Probably missed a few out... and players will no doubt break out and some active players included on this list will flame out. Nature of the game.

Who would you have?

Blog Entries

Re: Players in the Harbs era who will make ROH

Explaining Mosley....

He's still quite newISH... and I think he needs to sign an extension here and make a few more pro bowls. Buddy Lee was not an all pro talent here but some would argue for his case due to the length of time he played here at a really good level. Same could be said for JJ... but I just don't think JJ has the numbers to get in for a OLB. Jimmy may be a slight surprise to a few as hes never made a pro bowl... but he probably would have been a multiple pro bowler by now if he could stay healthy... and this is his best season yet... he also was part of the SB team. The rest you can't argue against.

Blog Entries

I would say Suggs, Yanda, and Flacco for sure, Tucker would be a potential but he'll have to continue his play for a while longer, and Jimmy Smith is a no from me. Remember that the ROH criteria isn't just about being a great player on the field.

Webb probably should be in based on the selection criteria, he was a great player, he is a great person and he's been heavily active in the community since he got here, but you can't put everyone up there.

Of the younger guys, Williams would seem to fit all the attributes and have the potential longevity, but that's the only guy I see right now.

How many players are we expecting to have in it? It seems like based on past history, its a pretty exclusive club. I'd really hate to have TWO kickers in it when its so small. That's pretty embarrassing for our franchise. I could see J Tucker in it, but I think that Stover was a big reach. Pretty much all he did was nail extra pointers and really short kicks. I think that you guys forgot Ngata too. Unless he's already in, or still kicking around in the league somewhere now. Easily better than most of the players mentioned. Infinitely more valuable than any kicker you could ever put on a field from an analytic and value added standpoint.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I think that Stover was a big reach. Pretty much all he did was nail extra pointers and really short kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    How many players are we expecting to have in it? It seems like based on past history, its a pretty exclusive club. I'd really hate to have TWO kickers in it when its so small. That's pretty embarrassing for our franchise. I could see J Tucker in it, but I think that Stover was a big reach. Pretty much all he did was nail extra pointers and really short kicks. I think that you guys forgot Ngata too. Unless he's already in, or still kicking around in the league somewhere now. Easily better than most of the players mentioned. Infinitely more valuable than any kicker you could ever put on a field from an analytic and value added standpoint.
    I disagree. If you look around the league...having an absolute clutch kicker has propelled numerous teams to championships in the modern era (Pats, Colts, Ravens). The Ravens happen to be VERY FORTUNATE to have 2 of the best kickers in football throughout our existence (Stover, Tucker). Remember Cundiff? Remember Hauzchka?

I think its cool that Stover is in the ROH and I think it's cool that Tucker will likely join him as well.

Remember, Stover was money during our title run in 2000. He was a primary reason why we even made the playoffs that year. Tucker's history speaks for itself.

Don't take kickers for granted... As a Ravens' fan, you shouldn't.

Ngata and Ray fucking Rice should be a lock. I mean how many players do we really have had who have had that kind of talent and dominance.

Mosley so fare he is no brainer.

Jimmy Smith (same with BW) they need to do more.. like at least one PB. C-mac - is still easily our best CB.

Blog Entries

Shit i forgot about Ngata... he would be a lock for me

Yanda and Suggs for sure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    I disagree. If you look around the league...having an absolute clutch kicker has propelled numerous teams to championships in the modern era (Pats, Colts, Ravens). The Ravens happen to be VERY FORTUNATE to have 2 of the best kickers in football throughout our existence (Stover, Tucker). Remember Cundiff? Remember Hauzchka?

I think its cool that Stover is in the ROH and I think it's cool that Tucker will likely join him as well.

Remember, Stover was money during our title run in 2000. He was a primary reason why we even made the playoffs that year. Tucker's history speaks for itself.

Don't take kickers for granted... As a Ravens' fan, you shouldn't.
    Yes, and don't the Bills wish they had one in 1991 when a missed FG cost them Super Bowl XXV (lost to Giants 20 - 19)... Bc

Flacco, Suggs, Tucker, Yanda should be easy decisions. I don't see Jimmy Smith as a lock - yet .

Ngata and Boldin should both go in. Everyone else mentioned is a long shot.

Ray Rice would make it if the not the politically incorrect shitstorm it would raise. Unfortunately, he won't get a sniff.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

The Cowboys have been around since 1960 and only have 21 players in the Ring of Honor. There is a limit to how many you can put in after 20 seasons without diluting it.

Suggs and Yanda would be it for me. I'm sure Flacco will get in but unless he turns it around I wouldn't put him there.