Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 55
  1. #1

    It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8



    The chargers win at Dallas makes it far less likely the Ravens will get in at 8-8, because the Chargers (with a very easy schedule) are likely to get 9 wins if they don't run the table.

    I would need a separate article to explain, but the Ravens will win virtually any tiebreaker (conference record or common opponent) against the Chargers. However, the far greater risk now is simply that the Ravens revert to inconsistency and the Chargers win 1 more game.





  2. #2

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Be wrong if the Ravens got in and the Chargers did not. They are a superior team
    What it would be like to have a QB like Rivers. Perhaps our next QB after we finally boot Flukko





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    745

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Keenan Allen has 23 catches, over 300 yards, and 3 touchdowns in two games. Rivers has always been a top shelf QB. They have playmakers with Bosa and Ingram on defense. They're definitely a team that is getting hot.





  4. #4

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Don't go too far, guys.

    The Chargers are the Ravens sister ship. They are inconsistent, and have trouble with top teams, and once they get going, MASH bad teams like the Cowboys today.

    If Zeke is out there today, I'm like 80% sure chargers fold. Look at how they failed to beat Jacksonville. They are a team that will beat itself against top talented teams.


    The Ravens have an easier schedule.

    Chargers could EASILY lose to Chiefs, Raiders, Redskins. Legitimately.


    I'm not saying we will make it or will do better, but lets slow down with the SD hype train.





  5. #5

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Does it really matter? Let's see how we shape up in two games against the Steelers.....I am more concerned about our level of play than the playoffs.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,827
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    Be wrong if the Ravens got in and the Chargers did not. They are a superior team
    What it would be like to have a QB like Rivers. Perhaps our next QB after we finally boot Flukko
    Yes Rivers has just torn it up his entire career especially in January..........


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,827
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    Be wrong if the Ravens got in and the Chargers did not. They are a superior team
    What it would be like to have a QB like Rivers. Perhaps our next QB after we finally boot Flukko
    One is 4-5 with 11 tds to 9 ints the other is
    10-5 with 25 tds to 10 ints which would you want I'll take the guy that has more wins then the other guy has games played and the guy with 2.5 tds to ints


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  8. #8

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    What it would be like to have a QB like Rivers. Perhaps our next QB after we finally boot Flukko
    "boot" Flacco? With all that dead money?

    It's never going to happen. Flacco is under contract through 2021, when he'll be 36. All the Flacco-haters may jump off the Ravens bandwagon then if the Ravens extend his contract to tack on a few more seasons.

    btw: I always liked Rivers, going back to his term ad NC State's QB beating up on my Terps. Lots of stats should make him a fantasy star. Notwithstanding, at which Super Bowl did Rivers win the MVP award?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    3,663

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Why why why does every thread turn into a flacco thread





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    25,712
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Why why why does every thread turn into a flacco thread
    Because that’s what happens when you are paid that much more than anyone else. Pre-Flacco everything turned into a Ray Lewis thread.





  11. #11

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    The chargers win at Dallas makes it far less likely the Ravens will get in at 8-8, because the Chargers (with a very easy schedule) are likely to get 9 wins if they don't run the table.

    I would need a separate article to explain, but the Ravens will win virtually any tiebreaker (conference record or common opponent) against the Chargers. However, the far greater risk now is simply that the Ravens revert to inconsistency and the Chargers win 1 more game.
    The chargers look like a legit playoff team as well.
    113 Receptions 889 Yards -Kyle Juszcyk (targets = 155, 73% catch rate).

    40 receptions 553 yards. - #11 (targets = 94, 43% catch rate)





  12. #12

    Re: It just became less likely the Ravens can get in with 8-8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    "boot" Flacco? With all that dead money?

    It's never going to happen. Flacco is under contract through 2021, when he'll be 36. All the Flacco-haters may jump off the Ravens bandwagon then if the Ravens extend his contract to tack on a few more seasons.

    btw: I always liked Rivers, going back to his term ad NC State's QB beating up on my Terps. Lots of stats should make him a fantasy star. Notwithstanding, at which Super Bowl did Rivers win the MVP award?
    Oddly enough, as good as he was in college the one team he never beat was the terps.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland