Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Flacco’s Quarterback Whisperer!

Ok we have debated the abilities and talents of Joe Flacco for years. Bottom line though is we have a chance to make it to the playoffs in a very weak NFL. So if Steve Biscotti gave you the latitude and parameters to be Joe’s quarterback whisperer, how would you fix him for the stretch
    run?

Re: Flacco’s Quarterback Whisperer!

Where do I begin? We can start with him giving back about 10 mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

QBs are creatures of habit. They thrive on being made comfortable. Then, when the play or two arises that the pieces around them temporarily fall apart, they are more apt to adjust, rather than fall apart with them. None of that happens until the QB gets into a comfort zone. It is unrealistic to expect that from a QB you never allowed to be comfortable in the first place. Most times that you see a QB break the pocket to escape pressure or improvise on a throw successfully is after they've gotten into a rhythm. If you don't get them comfortable first, you see bad habits from the jump. One of Joe's obvious bad habits is throwing off of his back foot. Yet, you've seen this front office treat developing an interior line of a higher quality like a fifth or sixth item on a list of importance.

So, at this point, the only thing I could tell Joe to comfort him is that John is gone after this season and the new Head Coach will be mainly focused on making the offense a true league-wide threat for opposing defenses. I would then tell him that the new HC and OC will be very detailed in explaining to the scouting department the type of pieces they want. However, that how you play down the stretch can have a major impact on what quality of Offensive mind would want to come here. The word on you is that you're damaged goods. So, you need to rise to the occasion or no one else of consequence will come here and you'll be here rotting for the rest of your career.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Sugar Huddle
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Footwork. Footwork. Footwork.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If you don't trust your line you get quick triggeritis!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Footwork. Footwork. Footwork.
    If I never saw another back foot throw from Flacco, I'd be a happy fan.

How about a real QB coach? Morhinweg is too busy game planning and dialing up that ultra conservative scheme and Craig Van Steeg with this 34 years of coaching doesn't impress me as someone who has experience working with QBs

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    If I never saw another back foot throw from Flacco, I'd be a happy fan.
    Until we have a line that consistently gives him a pocket he can step into, and it's consistent enough that he can actually develop some trust in them, the back foot throws will continue. I agree it's his biggest mechanical issue, but at the same time, he's going to throw off the back foot if he does not feel like he has the space to allow him step into the throw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Ok we have debated the abilities and talents of Joe Flacco for years. Bottom line though is we have a chance to make it to the playoffs in a very weak NFL. So if Steve Biscotti gave you the latitude and parameters to be Joe’s quarterback whisperer, how would you fix him for the stretch
    run?
    Spare the rod, spoil the quarterback :

or is it a big stick? ... Bc

Pocket Awareness

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Where do I begin? We can start with him giving back about 10 mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im sure that would make him play better
    Burn it down