Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Proof that the defense is championship caliber

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sack numbers aren't everything...
    when speaking about QB pressure, Hes been very good, he doesnt always get the sack, but he gets there or forces them into early throws. If im not mistaken that was the same criticism for him his down year and not much different from McPhee when he was here. They were still pressuring the QB well, they just didnt have sacks to back that up. thats still a valuable skillset.

sometimes forcing a throw early is better than the sack, and the INTs prove that.
    -JAB

Anyone who thinks you cant win a SB due to the defense we have are either in total denial or have very short memories. Plenty of SB teams have had much much much lesser defenses than what we have now.
    your right, but they typically dont have this bad of offenses. That last few teams with Dreadful offenses were Ravens 2000, Bucs Whatever year that was, and I guess you could say Denver with Noodle Manning (I didnt look up their offensive stats to be fair).

Seattle which typically gets this designation won with a very competent offense, same with Pats obviously
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    your right, but they typically dont have this bad of offenses. That last few teams with Dreadful offenses were Ravens 2000, Bucs Whatever year that was, and I guess you could say Denver with Noodle Manning (I didnt look up their offensive stats to be fair).

Seattle which typically gets this designation won with a very competent offense, same with Pats obviously
    Tbf Denver weren't that bad on offense.... id take that offense over ours atm. And yeah I agree that normally teams with a defense like ours have had good offenses.

The 2010 packers is goof example of a team that had both a good defense and a good offense.

Blog Entries

This debate is why I have always contended that, without the offense scoring about 30 PPG during the 2012 Postseason run, that defense would not have held teams to 21 or less. If that offense had gone out and only scored 20 PPG, that defense was not going to hold. Nor will this one.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Watch the film bro.... Smith was one of the best players on the field on Sunday.
    He sure was. His 3 QHs turned into INT Weddle, Intentional grounding (effectively a 10-yard sack), and Int Humphrey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    He sure was. His 3 QHs turned into INT Weddle, Intentional grounding (effectively a 10-yard sack), and Int Humphrey.
    Leach already posted your notes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This debate is why I have always contended that, without the offense scoring about 30 PPG during the 2012 Postseason run, that defense would not have held teams to 21 or less. If that offense had gone out and only scored 20 PPG, that defense was not going to hold. Nor will this one.
    The defense played well in the play offs against Andrew Luck Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. We've been through this. 14 points came through special teams play against Manning @Denver. Giving up the points we did vs NE on the road is unheard of.

Blog Entries

The defense played well in the play offs against Andrew Luck Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. We've been through this. 14 points came through special teams play against Manning @Denver. Giving up the points we did vs NE on the road is unheard of.
    And it happened, because our offense, for once in it's life, actually put pressure on opposing defenses to keep up. They scored late against Luck, but that was Luck's playoff debut. The offense was going blow for blow with Manning and Company. You seem to believe that Manning wouldn't have scored on either of those two drives if not for the kick returns. Brady clearly started panicking once he saw that the offense wouldn't let up. San Fransisco fell apart once they realized that they couldn't bully the offense and their secondary was exposed.

Let me ask you, point blank. If that offense only scored 20 PPG during that run, are we still Super Bowl Champions?

Blog Entries

Is that 100 proof? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And it happened, because our offense, for once in it's life, actually put pressure on opposing defenses to keep up. They scored late against Luck, but that was Luck's playoff debut. The offense was going blow for blow with Manning and Company. You seem to believe that Manning wouldn't have scored on either of those two drives if not for the kick returns. Brady clearly started panicking once he saw that the offense wouldn't let up. San Fransisco fell apart once they realized that they couldn't bully the offense and their secondary was exposed.

Let me ask you, point blank. If that offense only scored 20 PPG during that run, are we still Super Bowl Champions?
    Do the Ravens win the game without Corey Graham interceptions... Bernard Pollards forced fumble against the Patriots... Sizzles two sacks that stalled Manning. Jimmy Smith in tight coverage of Crabtree...

Pretty much everyone on that team elevated them selves to a ridiculous level at the right time.

Do the Ravens win the game without Corey Graham interceptions... Bernard Pollards forced fumble against the Patriots... Sizzles two sacks that stalled Manning. Jimmy Smith in tight coverage of Crabtree...

Pretty much everyone on that team elevated them selves to a ridiculous level at the right time.
    Exactly. They want to give joe none of the blame and all of the credit. It doesn't work that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be curious to see what Smith has done in games with a good quarterback.