Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Proof that the defense is championship caliber

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Smh.....this defense is good. Maybe very good. But great, "championship caliber" defenses don't let down at critical times. They don't allow the Bears to run the ball down their throats. They don't fail to get off the field at critical junctions in the 4th quarter. They don't allow Blake Fucking Bortles to throw the ball all over the damn field.

You are what your record says you are, and that's a 5-5, average team, with a below average offense and an above average defense.
    esmd, I believe you have stated my feelings too. Would we have shut-out the Packers if a healthy Aaron Rodgers was the QB? Not that I want to knock the Ravens defense, I think they've done a good job, but let's look at the investment we've made on that side of the ball. It should be strong... at the expense of the offense of course... Bc

When we shut out a Starting QB that doesnt play for a Team from Ohio I'll be impressed.
    Burn it down

You can only play the teams on the schedule and the players on those teams. They've got important games against the Lions, Steelers and Bengals to come. That's where this defense will earn their money.

But, this is by far the best defense they've had in the post 2012 era. People will likely say it should be given the resources invested, but if they turn in a top-3 defense scoring & yardage defense that leads the league in turnovers and top 5 in sacks, hard to say that the investment hasn't paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Defenses with 3+ shut outs in a season

03 Pats - SB Champs
    00 Ravens - SB Champs
    91 Skins - SB Champs

01 9ers also did it but lost in the wild card round.. which would still exceed some of our expectations.

Keep it up Defense!
    I agree the Ravens certainly have a championship caliber defense. NY Giants won a SB with the 25th ranked defense. So right now there are 25 championship caliber defenses in the league.

Blog Entries

Yeah, Jeremy Maclin is going to magically turn into Deion Branch.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Smh.....this defense is good. Maybe very good. But great, "championship caliber" defenses don't let down at critical times. They don't allow the Bears to run the ball down their throats. They don't fail to get off the field at critical junctions in the 4th quarter. They don't allow Blake Fucking Bortles to throw the ball all over the damn field.

You are what your record says you are, and that's a 5-5, average team, with a below average offense and an above average defense.
    Agreed. This defense is good, not ready to throw the great or championship tag on them just yet. Your reasons are spot on.

Shut out the Lions or the Steelers moving forward and then I'll re-visit this "championship caliber" label.

Blog Entries

Anyone who thinks you cant win a SB due to the defense we have are either in total denial or have very short memories. Plenty of SB teams have had much much much lesser defenses than what we have now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 202Belden View Post
    Shut out the Lions or the Steelers moving forward and then I'll re-visit this "championship caliber" label.
    Hold either under 20 and I'll tip my cap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Anyone who thinks you cant win a SB due to the defense we have are either in total denial or have very short memories. Plenty of SB teams have had much much much lesser defenses than what we have now.
    None of those teams were built to be defensive first teams the way this one has. They need to play at a Denver level. This defense isn't there I don't think it's close. There's just not a Von miller here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The story is still being written on this D. We’ll see how things play out, but until they prove that they can hold a lead late in the game, against a playoff caliber team, I will never consider them to be championship caliber.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Some of you must think that Dean Pees is an apparition.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore