Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Defense appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The run defence hasn't been bad since the bears game.
    They haven't played a legit Qb except Mariotta who is wildly over rated in that stretch. Minnesota ran for what close to 170

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Defense appreciation thread

A defense that consistently creates turnovers is a great defense. I think the offense is coming into better form too if they get Stanley back.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The defense is pretty much carrying the team right now. The bottom 3 offense certainly isn't. BUT, this team is not making the playoffs unless the offense shows some improvement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    A defense that consistently creates turnovers is a great defense. I think the offense is coming into better form too if they get Stanley back.
    But probably 65% or more of their turnovers came in 3 games.

That's isn't really consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Have them do it to Pittsburgh and maybe we will be impressed. Doing it against Dalton Kizer Moore Hundley not so much

This. I think the defense is good, but I want to see statement game against a good or better offense. Then I'll buy into them being one of the better single season defenses in Raven history.

Still not overly overly impressed with the investment. Still want pees gone

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Still not overly overly impressed with the investment. Still want pees gone
    The ROI isn't good. Look at all the draft capital on D that isn't playing and think if those picks were used on skill players or OL. Just one example.

KC= Derrick Henry/Cody Whitehair/ Michael Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    The defense is pretty much carrying the team right now. The bottom 3 offense certainly isn't. BUT, this team is not making the playoffs unless the offense shows some improvement.
    Agreed.

People expect the defense to be perfect but in all except one loss they gave the Ravens a chance to win. The often mentioned Steelers game was not a great performance by any means but it was 26 points with three turnovers by the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    The ROI isn't good. Look at all the draft capital on D that isn't playing and think if those picks were used on skill players or OL. Just one example.

KC= Derrick Henry/Cody Whitehair/ Michael Thomas
    Meh Tim Williams has been injured. Humphrey and Bowser have been balling. Wormley has had trouble seeing the field but thats namely due to the fact the Dline has been healthy for the most part all year.

Noone hated the Nico pick because we already had Lewis and both ended up injured. Thats why we have depth. He was a 3rd round pick.

You want to talk about return on investment our 24.5 million QB is playing like a street veteran. Josh McCown makes 6 million. We literally could sign have signed him last offseason who would be an upgrade over what Joe is giving us and still have 19 million to spend on FA's Wr's, Oline, Te's.

Everybody bemoans why don't we invest in the WR well the top ones cost a fortune. It's hard to go out and sign one when your QB is also making a fortune. I also think people deep down know even if we had drafted Ju Ju or signed a top FA WR like Maclin Flacco would not be setting the world on fire.

I mean we signed Maclin who I was excited about. We have Wallace. We are still getting nothing from both players part of it is them part of it is Flacco.
    Last edited by boller4president; 11-22-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Goode05
    Have them do it to Pittsburgh and maybe we will be impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    This. I think the defense is good, but I want to see statement game against a good or better offense. Then I'll buy into them being one of the better single season defenses in Raven history.
    Guys, I go along with your way of thinking, not that shutting out the Rodgers-less Packers wasn't an accomplishment, but... I'm holding out my optimism until I see what our "D" does against the Texans, Lions, and Steelers (in Pittsburgh) over the next three games... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Run D still ain’t good. #26, giving up 120 a game. Got to get that fixed. Williams being back should help.

After 4 years of high round draft picks and FA signings, Pees better not fuck that up. It’s his last chance with me, and I still don’t trust the mofo.

The only solace for me is the motorcycle thing. He gets props from me on that. Lol
    There was a time our run defense was dead last. Baby steps

best D in NFL last 5 years

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    best D in NFL last 5 years
    Lol Denver says high