Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The offense

Re: The offense

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    He just happened to change at the same time Kubiak left and trestman came in huh?

What a coincidence.
    No Flacco has only had success with control freak coaches who limit his options so Flacco has to make as few reads and decisions as possible.

Not one of you guys has explained how a QB that has been in the league 10 years, suddenly to forgets how to "read a defense".

How did he forget?

Nobody said he forgot. Reading is fundamental.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    No Flacco has only had success with control freak coaches who limit his options so Flacco has to make as few reads and decisions as possible.
    Or, in other words, coordinators that actually had a bonafide, structured scheme in place?

You talk about a coordinator actually coordinating as if it is a bad thing, when that's literally their job description.

So there is no qualitative difference between Cam, Kubiak and Marty.

It's just who couldn't down the offense enough for Flacco to "succeed"?

Is that your opinion?

That's the OC has no impact on the game, and it's solely the QB?

Blog Entries

lol another battler well under it's way this morning.

Blog Entries

Nobody said he forgot. Reading is fundamental.
    It's fucking amazing how a QB as DUMB as Flacco was ever capable of winning in places like Pittsburgh and New England.

Pretty amazing considering how his intelligence is so low, he can't read defenses, etc.

I mean, why wasn't he out of the league after his third year?

How could a complete imbecile as Flacco even put on his uniform?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol another battler well under it's way this morning.
    I can't stand hyperbole.

If flacco was as dumb as these guys suggest he'd have been out of the league about 8 years ago.

They are incapable of assessing blame to anyone but Flacco.

Flacco caused Jensen to snap poorly yesterday. Caused Howard and Hurst to get beat in the edges. Blah blah blah.

Blog Entries

I can't stand hyperbole.

If flacco was as dumb as these guys suggest he'd have been out of the league about 8 years ago.

Flacco caused Jensen to snap poorly yesterday. Caused Howard and Hurst to get beat in the edges. Blah blah blah.
    lol mm, mm I'm staying out of this today bt.

Blog Entries

Everyone knows the 1 read narrative is false.

But why would you trust Flacco? Look at the 1st INT he threw. Flacco just demonstrates he can't read anything and throws to covered guys. Why trust a guy like that when the defense is balling?
    I thought you left the board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't stand hyperbole.

Once again noone is suggesting any of those things. We all watched the game. We know Hurst sucks as a tackle and he showed it yet again.

But this is the major difference when Hurst makes a mistake WE ALL hold him accountable. Noone blames Joe Flacco. When Perriman drops yet another pass the board holds him accountable noone blames Joe Flacco. When Jensen blows an assignment noone blames Joe Flacco.

Is the inverse true? When Joe Flacco throws a pick do the Flacettes say thats a bad read by Joe. That was a bad decision by Joe. No they blame the playcalling. I participated in the GD thread I saw the responses. The flacettes who less then a day ago were bemoaning the fact we need to open up the playbook. Lets open up the playbook. As soon as Flacco throws a boneheaded Int in the redzone they are like crap there is Marty with his crappy playcalling should have called a run.

Besides it's not like the idea that Flacco has played poorly AND we have suffered injuries and poor play from other positions on offense need to be mutually exclusive. Nor is the idea that just because we don't have a derth of talent at WR Flacco needs to have a 72.7 Qb rating. Take a look at McCowan take a look at Newton. Take a look at their rosters. The Bills roster with Tyrod. Are they overflowing with offensive talent? I remember getting into a similar argument with Boller supporters way back on scout CBD, Darb, GKB and the rest of them constantly blamed the Oline and WR for Boller. It's like sure they aren't playing well either but we all watch the games. Flacco hasn't been playing well. He doesn't make adjustments at the LOS. He misses throws. He doesn't make the correct read. He forces the ball downthefield. He doesn't give himself up body wise the way he used to. I've seen him throw the ball into the ground a good 3 seconds before the defender got there. He used to always wait for the last second until the defender was on him to throw it away. I've seen him slide before the first down marker instead of getting hit. I can't remember the exact game I think it was two games ago we were in the redzone he slid before the 1st down marker. We never got a first down afterwards on that drive.

Looking at each Ravens drive against Green Bay, the result, and placing blame, I conclude the biggest problems are the OL and 3rd down play calling (passes always short of the sticks). But I think we already knew that :)

1st Half

1) PUNT - Blame: Offensive Line - Jensen's bad snap and Hurst allowing the Matthews' sack lost too many yards to recover.
    2) FG - Blame: Coaching/Play Calling - Predictable 3rd and 2 run play at the GB11 gets stuffed for a loss.
    3) PUNT - Blame: Everyone - 3 & out. OL allows far too much pressure, broken plays. Ugh.
    4) INT - Blame: Flacco: Horrible throw. Note to Flacco, Woodhead is 5'8", he's not out-jumping 6' corners in perfect coverage!
    5) FG - Blame: Offensive Line - Allowing a sack on 1st down pretty much eliminates chance for TD before half ends.

2nd Half

1) TD - Blame: None - Risky throw, but hats off to Wallace for that catch!
    2) PUNT - Blame: Coaching/Play Calling - 3 & out. Run stuffed for loss, pass barely across LoS, incomplete pass.
    3) PUNT - Blame: Offensive Line - 3 & out. Sack on 1st down basically seals it. Run play gets some back, pass short of sticks.
    4) PUNT - Blame: Coaching/Play Calling - Collins runs twice for 1st down. Then run stuffed, incomplete pass, pass short of sticks.
    5) PUNT - Blame: Coaching/Play Calling - Collins, 4 straight runs. Gets a 1st down, but last run is stuffed for loss. Pass short of sticks.
    6) FG - Blame: Coaching/Play Calling - Starting at GB29, 5 play drive stalls at GB9 because pass is short of sticks. RZ offense is just so bad.
    7) PUNT - Blame: Offensive Line - Ravens running to eat clock, but holding penalty on Bowanko kills drive.
    8) TD - Blame: None - Collins runs it in for TD from the 3 after turnover. Looked like a decently designed play.
    9) KNEEL DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Because they don’t trust Flacco. Joe has gone on record asking them to open things up and it just doesn’t happen. Marty and Harbaugh wanted a Dilferesque offense because they don’t trust their QB to run anything else.

It’s so dumb. If a QB is given 1 read and a check down. He’s going to force that ball into that 1 read. He’s not going to see the other open receivers. He’s going to take sacks and throw interceptions.

I watched the Saints game yesterday after the Ravens. Both Brees and Cousins had so much more freedom than Flacco. It was obvious. Much of what Brees does only works because he has 4 options when he drops back. He had a late TD that worked because he looked off 2 option to allow his tight end a step in the middle of the end zone. Flacco would have throwed a contested fade of thrown it away.

I’d rather take my chances on Flacco playing his game than continuing to try to not lose. There is a limit to how many backups and injured teams we are going to face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    3 for 14 on third downs, 219 total yards was the lowest yardage given up by the Packers this year.As good as our defense played GB still out gained us in yardage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    With a two plus score lead and working on running out the clock, of course everyone knew they would run it.
    There is no excuse for being predictable on offense. It was not just end of the game. This offense is so vanilla and predictable. It has nothing to do with the QB. It has everything to do with the HC and OC. Creativity does not mean risky