Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The offense

Re: The offense

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I'd give Harbaugh a pass on the conservative play call yesterday because we were on the road, but had that game been played at M&T and he went into the "play not to lose" mode mid way through 3rd qtr. I would have been pissed. But that is how he coaches. Champions don't play like that, especially at home.
    I respectfully disagree. We were the superior team and had ample amount of chances to step on their throat and end it but we played conservative. 3 turnovers and we get 6points? I can't remember. That's how you lose games you should win, letting a team hang around. To me that's unacceptable, especially on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I respectfully disagree. We were the superior team and had ample amount of chances to step on their throat and end it but we played conservative. 3 turnovers and we get 6points? I can't remember. That's how you lose games you should win, letting a team hang around. To me that's unacceptable, especially on the road.

Yeah I don't like Harbaugh's conservative nature either, but yesterday we were on the road without our starting LT and Joe barely had time to get the ball off many occasions. Our D was playing lights out. No need to take chances in that one.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Yeah I don't like Harbaugh's conservative nature either, but yesterday we were on the road without our starting LT and Joe barely had time to get the ball off many occasions. Our D was playing lights out. No need to take chances in that one.
    I can see your point, I've just seen that story too many times. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the line play, did they make any adjustments to help protect him ie bring a te over. In that situation, what's wrong with just going straight shotgun? I haven't read any breakdowns yet

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I can see your point, I've just seen that story too many times. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the line play, did they make any adjustments to help protect him ie bring a te over. In that situation, what's wrong with just going straight shotgun? I haven't read any breakdowns yet

They did make adjustments with a back or WR to chip but it didn't help a lot; the rush came from the other side.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The announcers at one point said that the play calls were obvious because of the formation and personnel. Basically they always run the same plays. If the announcers are saying that I imagine DCs are feasting on it as they watch a ton more film.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    The announcers at one point said that the play calls were obvious because of the formation and personnel. Basically they always run the same plays. If the announcers are saying that I imagine DCs are feasting on it as they watch a ton more film.
    he said it probably about 5 times not once

Blog Entries

I think they know the o-line is shit and they don't want to get Joe killed. So they run the ball and design plays where Joe can get rid of the ball quickly. I mean, Hurst was a human turn-style yesterday. Austin didn't do so well on the right side either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They did make adjustments with a back or WR to chip but it didn't help a lot; the rush came from the other side.
    What about switching to shotgun, how much would that help in these cases? Any time I see a 5 step drop, I fear all hell is about to break loose thanks to #43 in the playoffs years ago, although Rice missed that blitz pickup if I remember correctly

They did give him help but there were breakdowns on the right side as well. Bowanka was playing RG yesterday. Our line is depleted beyond recognition right now. It's a problem, at least until Stanley gets back. However, I think the line played well enough, coupled with the conservative play calling.

They did give him help but there were breakdowns on the right side as well. Bowanka was playing RG yesterday. Our line is depleted beyond recognition right now. It's a problem, at least until Stanley gets back. However, I think the line played well enough, coupled with the conservative play calling.
    Amazing what an oline could do for this team

Amazing what an oline could do for this team

Just imagine if Yanda and Lewis were both playing this year. It would be a very solid O line with depth IMO.

The main adjustment that was made was Clay Matthews getting hurt. If he continued to play it's a completely different ball game. With him out it pretty much negated any pass rush they had. Aside from that they were using their TE's in the backfield a lot being used as a lead blocker. This creates a big issue however, and Rich Gannon pointed it out a bunch, that the personnel we have in completely telegraphs what kind of play we are going to run.