Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A "would you rather" for the Ravens remaining season

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I can't root against them. I hope they win out. But this is a severely flawed team, and I fear that a playoff appearance, short as it probably will be, will keep Steve from making the changes I believe are necessary. Crappy position to be in, IMO. We're still more pretenders than contenders, IMO. If we make the playoffs, it'll be because of an easy schedule against a bunch of weak starting and backup QBs.
    Every other playoff team outside New England and maybe Pittsburgh is flawed. Kc lost to the Giants. Jax has Bortles. I've seen nothing from Mariotta to suggest he can handle the bright lights (4 ints vs Pittsburgh in what could have been a statement game).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want them to win, so, playoffs. I don't look forward to them getting shellacked by Pittsburgh or New England though.

Top that off with Biscotti heaping more praise(and contract years) on Harbaugh and well that's just a big shit sandwich to me.

Blog Entries

If you can make the playoffs in this awful AFC, you have a chance of going all the way, especially with the defense the Ravens are capable of putting out there any given Sunday. So you have to go with that.

Play to win. Even though now it looks as though we would most likely face KC or JAX, I would rather go to Pitt or NE. We have Collins and Woodhead now and we match up well against Pitt. Joe always plays well in NE, the colder and windier the better. Ben can have an off day and Brady will be yet two months older......

I can see it, Remember .......? :
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If you can make the playoffs in this awful AFC, you have a chance of going all the way, especially with the defense the Ravens are capable of putting out there any given Sunday. So you have to go with that.
    That's the way to look at it. Young kids on D go wild, bad weather, a big special teams play, Tucker drills a 60 yarder...
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I want them to try and win each and every remaining game. I also hope they lose them all.

If they get in, and January Joe shows up, all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    We've been seeing it here every year the TD-less streak of the 2000 season. The annual "let's lose to get a higher draft pick" discussion.

It seems worse today. It's a spoiled fan base. After 12 years of no football, followed by 4 years of Modell's financial ineptitude, we got spoiled by ten playoff appearances and only four losing seasons of the last twenty.
    THIS!!! If you aren't trying to win, why are you on the field? I'll tell you this - I will be out there on Monday night, still fighting the tryptophan-induced narcolepsy, creating as much volume as possible. And I'll do the same on 12/3, 12/23, and 12/31. We've got 6 games left, and 4 of them are at home. The only road games left are Pittsburgh and Cleveland. If we can't make it to 10-6, there are more serious problems than we realize. 10-6 should be in, especially with the way the rest of the AFC looks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I will never understand the mindset of someone wanting us to "tank." I played sports all my life, as have these guys...no way you are getting them to try less or throw a game. Have some pride.
    Yeah..."tanking" is never good. You never want a team to stop trying. I hope they continue to give it their all. I just want them to lose. It's not about what draft pick they get (for me). I don't want anything to get in the way of a rebuilding process that includes cleaning house with the front office and coaching staff. If they squeak into the playoffs this year, I just don't see any changes being made. I'm done with the mediocrity and more to the point...boring football. I want new people in here with new and fresh philosophies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Yeah..."tanking" is never good. You never want a team to stop trying. I hope they continue to give it their all. I just want them to lose. It's not about what draft pick they get (for me). I don't want anything to get in the way of a rebuilding process that includes cleaning house with the front office and coaching staff. If they squeak into the playoffs this year, I just don't see any changes being made. I'm done with the mediocrity and more to the point...boring football. I want new people in here with new and fresh philosophies.
    There all back. They are going 9-7 at worst even Pees will be back with 3 shut outs

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    There all back. They are going 9-7 at worst even Pees will be back with 3 shut outs

Say it ain’t so Goode!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Would you rather the Ravens sneak into the playoffs with their weak strength of remaining opponents? OR
    They completely continue to play badly and tank and miss the playoffs?
    In 2007 I was on board the "let's tank so badly that it absolutely forces Bisciotti to make a move" train. It was the same damn failures year after year, and to ME Billick had proven he had run out of ideas. It seemed pretty clear that his repeated bumbling with the QB had finally lost the team, and they had quit on him. The one game of the year they really showed up was the match with the then-perfect Patriots. That game made it obvious how little effort they were giving in every other game: the team that played the Pats in Baltimore that night would have won 10 games if it showed up every week. The other game they gave a decent effort in was when Billick finally let Troy Smith have a game. And that was it.

I am absolutely nowhere near there with Harbaugh & Co. This roster isn't the greatest. But it is crystal clear that the team is still competing. It is obvious they they haven't quit on him.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/video...e-3247b7bf6bee

I'd rather make the playoffs again, which would represent solid advancement along the rebuilding plan that started after the 5-11 debacle in 2015, then get our O-line back and take another step forward next season. I'd a lot rather do that then roll the dice on a Sean McDermott or Hue Jackson.

And frankly, if the Ravens start to look good over the next six weeks, from a big-picture standpoint Harbaugh would have done a pretty solid job overall. Hold the team together thru a shaky first half of season, endure a crippling run of injuries including to the QB, then righting the ship after the bye and making a playoff run. That's not grounds for firing, that's damn good work. Most coaches couldn't manage it.

I'd be even happier if Dean Pees chose to "pursue other opportunities" in the offseason, and a more aggressive guy (like say Chuck Pagano) came on board. I have no quarrel with the job Marty M and Greg Roman have done this season so far, and would like to see some maintained continuity there, esp if they are given an O-line to work with.

Absolutely win and get in, preferably win the WC game, then bring everybody back (preferably except Pees) next season with a stronger, better-balanced roster.

Then in 2019 draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.