Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steve Bisciotti

Re: Steve Bisciotti

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I think he’ll (Harbs) will be back but on a super short leash with much less input and he’ll have to make a choice if he can’t keep his homeboys and work under those conditions then he will exit. I’m hoping he exits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's effectively making him a lame duck coach. If he can't even pick his own coordinators then what does he even offer as a coach? Just be done with him right then and there and clean house.

This was supposed to be his make or break year. Enough of this "just give him 1 more year" BS.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I totally think Harbaugh has influence but it also is equally if not majority on Ozzie and co. Here is a good example below.

Think back to the 2013-2014 seasons. Look at back to back drafts how many resources this team dumped into the defense and nothing on offense. Just look at the decisions made. You sign Dumervill to multi year deal. Why would you burn picks on John Simon, Kapron Moores and not look to offense.
    Look at how many picks at just DT in a 2 year span. None of those picks could have been a WR, or OL prospect to help build around Flacco????

Oh yeah by the way you release a John Simon 1 year into a 4 year rookie contract because you made the stupid decision to draft the guy a month after singing Elvis Dumervill to multi year deal

We are coming off just winning a superbowl 2013
    -They release Pollard
    -They don't retain Reed
    -Ray Lewis retires
    _They trade Boldin (arguably our best player on offense)

March 2013 they sign Elvis Dumervill
    April 2013 Draft
    1st-Matt Elam S
    -2nd Arhtur Brown LB
    -3rd Brandon Williams DT
    -4th John Simon DE?OLB
    -6th Kapron Lewis Moore

2014 Draft
    -2ndTimmy Jernigan DT
    -3rd Terrance Brooks S
    -4th Brent Urban DT
    I've seen state highway administration complete projects faster than this team has "rebuilt" the defense which is going on 5 years now.

Blog Entries

How many pro bowlers you seen drafted since 2008?

Not too many
    2008-2012 was this franchises best 5 year span.

- Ozzie drafted a franchise QB.
    - 54-26 record
    - 10 playoff wins
    - Super Bowl Championship

Seems to me Ozzie was making all the right moves. If you add in 2013 and 2014, they are 72-40 with an additional playoff win. In 2013 they controlled their own destiny the last game of the year.

2015 was bad of course. 2016 they almost made it back. But no doubt 2017 has been a disappointment so far. But still, based on the recent success from 2008-2014 I can see Steve Bisciotti sticking with Ozzie longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I think it's unfortunately just pees that goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be enough to make me happy honestly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    That's effectively making him a lame duck coach. If he can't even pick his own coordinators then what does he even offer as a coach? Just be done with him right then and there and clean house.

This was supposed to be his make or break year. Enough of this "just give him 1 more year" BS.
    No, people hoped it was make or break. No one actually said that though.

I totally think Harbaugh has influence but it also is equally if not majority on Ozzie and co. Here is a good example below.

Think back to the 2013-2014 seasons. Look at back to back drafts how many resources this team dumped into the defense and nothing on offense. Just look at the decisions made. You sign Dumervill to multi year deal. Why would you burn picks on John Simon, Kapron Moores and not look to offense.
    Look at how many picks at just DT in a 2 year span. None of those picks could have been a WR, or OL prospect to help build around Flacco????

Oh yeah by the way you release a John Simon 1 year into a 4 year rookie contract because you made the stupid decision to draft the guy a month after singing Elvis Dumervill to multi year deal

-They release Pollard
    -They don't retain Reed
    -Ray Lewis retires

March 2013 they sign Elvis Dumervill
    April 2013 Draft
    1st-Matt Elam S
    -2nd Arhtur Brown LB
    -3rd Brandon Williams DT
    -4th John Simon DE?OLB
    -6th Kapron Lewis Moore

2014 Draft
    -2ndTimmy Jernigan DT
    -3rd Terrance Brooks S
    -4th Brent Urban DT
    So you would've given the 2013 version of Ed Reed a 15 million dollar contract?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So you (to sawraven1) would've given the 2013 version of Ed Reed a 15 million dollar contract?
    Ort, you're right, no team on God's green Earth would have done that. Reed is lucky the Texans gave him a $5 mil. contract for 2013. Good towards Ed's retirement fund... Bc

-They release Pollard
    -They don't retain Reed
    -Ray Lewis retires
    Not retaining Reed was the right call and most of the fan base knew that. It sucked to see him in another jersey but he needed to retire, not too many people will disagree with that decision

The Boldin thing is still a head scratch to me. You sign you QB to a massive contract then you trade away his most reliable weapon and dont bring in anyone else? I think we all knew Torrey couldnt be THE guy and it showed and honestly, looking back i wish we would have signed him to the same contract SF did, hear me out. If we sign Torrey we go into the draft not looking to draft a WR in the first, we come out with someone else, still could be a bust, but most likely would have contributed more than BP. I still have a little hate towards Torrey not even going up for the ball on that INT in NE thought, ok....a lot of hate.

Bisciotti just said last month that the coaches and FO "weren't doing anything wrong", they'll all be back and it'll be more of the same of the same

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    Bisciotti just said last month that the coaches and FO "weren't doing anything wrong", they'll all be back and it'll be more of the same of the same
    Yep. Welcome to continued years of mediocrity or worse. Perhaps, if he ever sells the team, we'll be back in the playoffs one day.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Yep. Welcome to continued years of mediocrity or worse. Perhaps, if he ever sells the team, we'll be back in the playoffs one day.

Mediocrity for 32 teams is the NFL design plan.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post

And today on over-reaction Monday....