Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Lombardi's piece on the coaches and scouts

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    years sir years we have been saying this.
    years
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

ya feel me filth? When you don't have a system you don't know how to groom and help young player progress. You are basically just lining up guys to play on talent versus to play within a scheme so you have no idea if this player will fit on your team or not...
    Smoove I think Harbaugh does have systems in place they are just terrible. On offense it's painfully apparent that he wants some bastardized run heavy three yard pass "ball control" and on defense he wants mostly soft bend but don't break defense. I mean that's what the Defense has been since the current DC got here 5 years ago. And that's what the offense has been now since Kubiak has left two OCs ago. Harbs is probably proud of the playbook and probably has his finger prints on it. Remember him and Trestman working on the playbook in between 15 an 16. It looks like much of the same passing concepts now they just use man blocking assignments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yep. Patriots are an obvious one. They lose top players and don't lose a beat. Brady for 4 games last year, Gronk, Edelman... Coaching is always so underrated in the NFL.

I'm gonna go on a small tangent, but it backs up how good coaching makes a difference. The Patriots have recently been kicking the ball short on kickoffs to force returns instead of just booming it out of the endzone. The result is they are stopping 27.6% of kicks at the 20 or shorter. Source: http://www.footballperspective.com/g...best-kickoffs/

Then, you have the Ravens kickoff strategy:

Ravens: Baltimore has the best stuff rate in the league: only 31.8% of their total kickoffs have been returned, but 20.4% of the total kickoffs have been stopped at the 20 or sooner. Perhaps this is a function of superstar kicker Justin Tucker: no one would be surprised if a huge air-time under Tucker’s kicks is giving the Baltimore defense enough time to run into place. So why are such a low percentage of Tucker’s kicks getting returned? I’m a bit surprised that John Harbaugh, former special teams coach, hasn’t used his team’s strength to his advantage more often.
    harbaugh is in over his head bro, there is a lot of things harbas and his crew don't do that we see just about every other NFL team doing, like playing Nickel defense and using Levine more in the SS/LB role that he plays so well when he is out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Smoove I think Harbaugh does have systems in place they are just terrible. On offense it's painfully apparent that he wants some bastardized run heavy three yard pass "ball control" and on defense he wants mostly soft bend but don't break defense. I mean that's what the Defense has been since the current DC got here 5 years ago. And that's what the offense has been now since Kubiak has left two OCs ago. Harbs is probably proud of the playbook and probably has his finger prints on it. Remember him and Trestman working on the playbook in between 15 an 16. It looks like much of the same passing concepts now they just use man blocking assignments

lol whatever his system is that shit is horrible. I'm telling folks, they think harbaugh will succeed when or if he leaves Baltimore I don't see it, I think he's going to suck wherever he goes because he doesn't have anything on his resume his entire time here to show that he has implemented a tried and true system that worked at some point in time in his career.

I've always said the best coaches look at the talent they have and implement a system/scheme that fits the players. Also, they game plan weekly to attack the opposite team's weakness. It seems obvious, but a lot of NFL teams don't do it. Ravens included.
    I have to agree with this. Belichick and McDaniels have basically stated this in interviews. Find that weakness and pound it until they get wise and then find another. Keep repeating. How many times has Brady picked on certain players all game and the defense never changes the plan to help? That's why watching the Ravens a lot of times is so frustrating. They never seem to make adjustments. You draft players who excel in college and then boom...they suck in the NFL. This has happened more and more with the Ravens. The coaches can't seem to play to the strengths of their players. Ray, Ed, and others would have an aura where lesser players seemed better simply for being around them. Those days are sadly gone. Now it's the time for the coaches to prove THEIR worth... Yeah. We all see how that's going.

Yep. Patriots are an obvious one. They lose top players and don't lose a beat. Brady for 4 games last year, Gronk, Edelman... Coaching is always so underrated in the NFL.

I'm gonna go on a small tangent, but it backs up how good coaching makes a difference. The Patriots have recently been kicking the ball short on kickoffs to force returns instead of just booming it out of the endzone. The result is they are stopping 27.6% of kicks at the 20 or shorter. Source: http://www.footballperspective.com/g...best-kickoffs/

Then, you have the Ravens kickoff strategy:

Ravens: Baltimore has the best stuff rate in the league: only 31.8% of their total kickoffs have been returned, but 20.4% of the total kickoffs have been stopped at the 20 or sooner. Perhaps this is a function of superstar kicker Justin Tucker: no one would be surprised if a huge air-time under Tucker’s kicks is giving the Baltimore defense enough time to run into place. So why are such a low percentage of Tucker’s kicks getting returned? I’m a bit surprised that John Harbaugh, former special teams coach, hasn’t used his team’s strength to his advantage more often.
    That's something I had noticed about the Pats and kickoffs. They aren't the only team doing it, but they are the most effective.

For the Ravens, the easy answer is Tucker's leg is so big that he will naturally boom many kickoffs out the back of the endzone. The uneasy answer is Harbs wants Tucker to kick touchbacks and surrender the 5+ yards of field position. IMO Harbaugh rarely looks for advantages, either in game or an opponents weaknesses. His style is just line your best guys up against their best guys and let talent/grit determine the outcome. That's what separates Harbaugh, an average coach, from Belichick, is an amazing coach.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Lombardi's piece on the coaches and scouts

lol whatever his system is that shit is horrible. I'm telling folks, they think harbaugh will succeed when or if he leaves Baltimore I don't see it, I think he's going to suck wherever he goes because he doesn't have anything on his resume his entire time here to show that he has implemented a tried and true system that worked at some point in time in his career.
    Miami of Ohio is down let him go and TRY and help rebuild it would be a good time for him to pick a side of the ball and act as his own coordinator (I'm guessing defensive since he was a db there)

Blog Entries

Miami of Ohio is down there let him go and try and help try and rebuild it would be a good time for him to pick a side of the ball and act as his own coordinator (I'm guessing defensive since he was a db there)

that's what he's going to have to do if he wants to be successful if he is going to still be a coach.. but he is going to have to be willing to re-invent himself and eat some humble pie and get off his high horse and learn to coach.

Blog Entries

who would hire harbaugh as an offensive or defensive coordinator?

who would hire harbaugh as offensive or defensive coordinator?
    Kubiak, Pagano. For God's sake please.

Sounds like a bad high school football philosophy.

Lets Hope the other team makes mistakes and gives us the win!
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    That's something I had noticed about the Pats and kickoffs. They aren't the only team doing it, but they are the most effective.

For the Ravens, the easy answer is Tucker's leg is so big that he will naturally boom many kickoffs out the back of the endzone. The uneasy answer is Harbs wants Tucker to kick touchbacks and surrender the 5+ yards of field position. IMO Harbaugh rarely looks for advantages, either in game or an opponents weaknesses. His style is just line your best guys up against their best guys and let talent/grit determine the outcome. That's what separates Harbaugh, an average coach, from Belichick, is an amazing coach.
    That's why I don't like Harbs at all, and it's why I think the Ravens rarely blow teams out. Everyone in the NFL is good. Even a team like the Browns is very talented. The difference is usually coaching. Teams like the Pats are looking for every edge possible. They don't go into a game saying hey we got Brady and Gronk, so we'll just be able to skate by.