Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol 2017 in a nutshell bro either u on one side of the fence or the other you shall NOT be allowed to object both sides in 2017 we DO NOT allow free thinking in 2017 lol
    reality has become subjective
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    reality has become subjective
    word Hbg

I know the comparison for Flacco and Russell Wilson comes up often, and by that I mean

"Russel Wilson wins and he has had a good defense with no help on offense, Why cant Flacco do the same"

I'm rehashing this from a post in a different thread, but basically even the Vaunted Seattle Seahawks "Defense First" Team has built a successfull offense every year since 2012 (save maybe this year)

"
    2012 they were 9th in PPG ( we were 10th)
    2013 they were 9th in PPG (we were 25th)
    2014 they were 10th in ppg ( We were 8th)
    2015 they were 5th in ppg (We were 25th)

They've sustained basically a top 10 offense every year, while we fell into the dumps, picked up Kubiak, then went back in the dumps again.

While we all want an elite defense, even Seattle knows you have to field an offense unlike the ravens who think they can win with the #1 defense and 32 offense"

We've done a complete disservice to our team, and our fans. The ravens peddling the "Only Defense Matters" is a crock of square Wombat dung.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Excellent post. It's funny that no one sees the decline has been the exact time the team scrapped the offense (finally get a guy that plays like a true 1 and ship him out over 2 million smmfh)in this nonsensical attempt to try and recreate the 2000 team. And they have failed MISERABLY. They should have been looking for Bells Browns Bryant's and JuJus instead they have Correras Kafasis Wormleys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's funny that some people don't see that you simply don't build an offense around a QB as inconsistent as Flacco. The formula with Flacco as a QB is win enough games to carry Flacco into the postseason and rely on "Postseason Joe" and some very good fortune to win games on the road when there.

We agree that they have failed miserably, but their philosophy was sound and really the only course they could take.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I know the comparison for Flacco and Russell Wilson comes up often, and by that I mean

"Russel Wilson wins and he has had a good defense with no help on offense, Why cant Flacco do the same"

I'm rehashing this from a post in a different thread, but basically even the Vaunted Seattle Seahawks "Defense First" Team has built a successfull offense every year since 2012 (save maybe this year)

"

They've sustained basically a top 10 offense every year, while we fell into the dumps, picked up Kubiak, then went back in the dumps again.

While we all want an elite defense, even Seattle knows you have to field an offense unlike the ravens who think they can win with the #1 defense and 32 offense"

We've done a complete disservice to our team, and our fans. The ravens peddling the "Only Defense Matters" is a crock of square Wombat dung.
    If anyone compares Flacco to Wilson, they are high. Seattle has 0 running game right now, and Wilson is putting up big numbers and getting wins. And the vaunted Seattle defense has put them in situations where they have been trailing late in the 4th quarter.

Wilson's splits when trailing in the 4th quarter with less than 4 and 2 minutes are really good.

Trailing, < 2 min to go 61.54 comp% 160yds 3tds 0ints 144.2 qb rating 7 first downs
    Trailing, < 4 min to go 60.87 comp% 240yds 3tds 1ints 117.8 qb rating 11 first downs

And his total 4th quarter splits

70.1% comp 833 yds 12 tds 1 int 135.2 qb rating 42 first downs 9.6 yards/attempt

Edit: Looking at Flacco's splits this year, I saw something very bad and weird. He's thrown 0 tds and 5 ints on 1st and 10.

Joe used to have that great late game clutch factor, but I don't know what happened to it.
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 11-16-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    It's funny that some people don't see that you simply don't build an offense around a QB as inconsistent as Flacco. The formula with Flacco as a QB is win enough games to carry Flacco into the postseason and rely on "Postseason Joe" and some very good fortune to win games on the road when there.

We agree that they have failed miserably, but their philosophy was sound and really the only course they could take.
    Pittsburgh did with Ben and the offense is carrying his broken down shell of himself this year

Pittsburgh did with Ben and the offense is carrying his broken down shell of himself this year

I would be surprised if their draft investments were weighted any heavier towards the offense than the Ravens. They've just hit on some guys and we haven't.

BTW...Ben is obviously a much better QB and always has been.

I loved young Flacco! I hate Prop Joe! Paid entitled statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    If anyone compares Flacco to Wilson, they are high. Seattle has 0 running game right now, and Wilson is putting up big numbers and getting wins. And the vaunted Seattle defense has put them in situations where they have been trailing late in the 4th quarter.

Wilson's splits when trailing in the 4th quarter with less than 4 and 2 minutes are really good.

Trailing, < 2 min to go 61.54 comp% 160yds 3tds 0ints 144.2 qb rating 7 first downs
    Trailing, < 4 min to go 60.87 comp% 240yds 3tds 1ints 117.8 qb rating 11 first downs

And his total 4th quarter splits

70.1% comp 833 yds 12 tds 1 int 135.2 qb rating 42 first downs 9.6 yards/attempt

Edit: Looking at Flacco's splits this year, I saw something very bad and weird. He's thrown 0 tds and 5 ints on 1st and 10.

Joe used to have that great late game clutch factor, but I don't know what happened to it.

but basically even the Vaunted Seattle Seahawks "Defense First" Team has built a successfull offense every year since 2012 (save maybe this year)

"

They've sustained basically a top 10 offense every year,"

Rushing yards per season
    2011 - 1204
    2012- 1509
    2013 - 1257
    2014 - 1306
    2015 - 417

Seattle recently has had poor line play and wilson has still performed well. The entire point of the post is people have tried to use Seattle and Russell wilson as a blueprint how Defense is all you need and Seattle has done it! Why cant We? They dont even run the ball ! They've always had horrible Offenses and never been able to run the Ball!

all of that is completely false. Until this and maybe last year they've had a great offense

Thats the point of my post. We want to be some magical Defense team and just get JAGs and expect Flacco to win "like Seattle".... but that "idea" is a false one
    Burn it down

like last week when the D gave up 14 points early and ben went into a shell

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    like last week when the D gave up 14 points early and ben went into a shell
    I didnt watch was it on the road? He's sooo bad on the road
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol 2017 in a nutshell bro either u on one side of the fence or the other you shall NOT be allowed to object both sides in 2017 we DO NOT allow free thinking in 2017 lol
    Yup yup & fucking yup. I’m guess I’m a moron too smoove lol. Real talk I feel like Flacco is better than what he playing like right now. Yes I understand the front office neglected him as far as weapons & Harbs basically neutered him, but he should be able to work on his mechanics & get shit done. This is a ten year vet with a lot of playoff wins & SB MVP, yet he still makes rookie mistakes.

That’s what bothers me about him. Flacco is better than what the fuck he’s playing like right now.

Sincerely Jiggy the moron