Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Guys play hurt all the time. Just seems like he’s always in and out. Nicked up more than most. And he doesn’t have the Nasty Fire like JO, KO Yanda or even Jensen. Where was Stanley when Joe was getting his head ripped off in the Fins game?? Jensen was throwing haymakers. Oline men , esp LT need Fire. Like I said before , I think he’s an above average LT..not great and no where near JO. Oher was above average at RT. Too soft to play LT. And he’s def educated. Norte Dame tends to turn out smart guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do you think Conklin would have done

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    What do you think Conklin would have done

I think he or Tunstil or Lewan are down field with Jensen defending their QB.

Blog Entries

Guys play hurt all the time. Just seems like he’s always in and out. Nicked up more than most. And he doesn’t have the Nasty Fire like JO, KO Yanda or even Jensen. Where was Stanley when Joe was getting his head ripped off in the Fins game?? Jensen was throwing haymakers. Oline men , esp LT need Fire. Like I said before , I think he’s an above average LT..not great and no where near JO. Oher was above average at RT. Too soft to play LT. And he’s def educated. Norte Dame tends to turn out smart guys. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me of Andre Smith. Not what we thought we were going to get, but better than adequate.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Guys play hurt all the time. Just seems like he’s always in and out. Nicked up more than most. And he doesn’t have the Nasty Fire like JO, KO Yanda or even Jensen. Where was Stanley when Joe was getting his head ripped off in the Fins game?? Jensen was throwing haymakers. Oline men , esp LT need Fire. Like I said before , I think he’s an above average LT..not great and no where near JO. Oher was above average at RT. Too soft to play LT. And he’s def educated. Norte Dame tends to turn out smart guys.

I mean, if you’re going to compare anyone to Jonathan Ogden, you’re going to be disappointed. That’s like all of the folks that compare Flacco to Rodgers or Brady - setting themselves up for disappointment.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I mean, if you’re going to compare anyone to Jonathan Ogden, you’re going to be disappointed. That’s like all of the folks that compare Flacco to Rodgers or Brady - setting themselves up for disappointment.

I agree completely. I don’t really expect to ever have another JO. But what I look for in line men is the attitude and fire. Like I said KO has it, Yanda def has it. It would appear that Jensen has it (who knew??). Stanley hasn’t shown that. To use your comparison ...Stanley as far as linemen go reminds me of how guys talk about Joe’s fire or passion. Joe’s a very calm, cool guy and I think that gets misconstrued as a lack of passion or caring at times. Could be the same thing with Stanley for me.

Blog Entries

I agree completely. I don’t really expect to ever have another JO. But what I look for in line men is the attitude and fire. Like I said KO has it, Yanda def has it. It would appear that Jensen has it (who knew??). Stanley hasn’t shown that. To use your comparison ...Stanley as far as linemen go reminds me of how guys talk about Joe’s fire or passion. Joe’s a very calm, cool guy and I think that gets misconstrued as a lack of passion or caring at times. Could be the same thing with Stanley for me.

Absolutely ridiculous assesment of Stanley.

The guy played nearly every game.in college and came back on the field with a shoulder injury.... he is very mentally tough imo. And secind coming of Oher? Really? You shoulf seriously watch the film a bit more buddy

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Funny how that works. Isn't it?
    Funny how the great QB's have consistency while the poor ones don't? You know who also doesn't have consistent OC's the Cleveland Browns. JAX. Bills.

Losing breeds inconsistency and poor qb play leads to losing. I can't believe how some of you are twisting yourselves into pretzels inventing excuses for his poor qb play.

Not to mention Flacco himself is the one that pushes for these OC's to be replaced and complains about the vanilla offense and wanting to open things up knowing fans are thinking great our offense sucks lets open it up. Meanwhile OC's who see Flacco can't even run their basic vanilla offense must think he's nuts.

He's pulled this stunt now with three OC's Cameron, Trestman, and now Morhinweg. At what point do the flacco brownshirts admit that it's not everyone else it's him.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Joe Flacco appreciation thread?

I believe some players, no matter their position, have such great natural talents that they don't have to practice/work hard at honing their craft. Of course it's better if they do and make them stand out above the rest. Others, Flacco IMO for instance, cannot rely on those instinctive skills nature has supplied. Guys like Joe need a lot of repetitions to sharpen what Mother nature has endowed them with. I really don't know, but suspect that Flacco does not put in enough extra time, at this point in his career, to evelvate his game. Am I right or wrong? ... Bc

Blog Entries

How can Joe come back from a way worse hit in 4 less days. Good God if Stanley had come back in 10 days and Joe couldn't in 14 there would be 4 posts already about it. But No one is saying a word about Stanley when he would have all bad had to put himself in the concussion protocol.

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    How can Joe come back from a way worse hit in 4 less days. Good God if Stanley had come back in 10 days and Joe couldn't in 14 there would be 4 posts already about it. But No one is saying a word about Stanley when he would have all bad had to put himself in the concussion protocol.

You need to go research concussions my friend. No two concussions are exactly the same and they impact people differently.

This also doesn’t take into account how QB’s are treated differently when it comes to these types of injuries. Just look at the Seahawks with Russell Wilson a few weeks ago or the Colts with Jacoby Brissett last weekend.

I have zero doubt there are a lot of *wink-wink*...”Hes good to go” situations.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You need to go research concussions my friend. No two concussions are exactly the same and they impact people differently.

QFT

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous assesment of Stanley.

The guy played nearly every game.in college and came back on the field with a shoulder injury.... he is very mentally tough imo. And secind coming of Oher? Really? You shoulf seriously watch the film a bit more buddy
    I agree. Everybody just wants to find somebody to rag on. Stanley is a perfect comparison to JO as far as toughness. JO was a nice guy off the field but a dog on the field, so is Stanley. Ppl on here literally complain about Stanley and CJ Mosely.... WHY?