Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Joe Flacco appreciation thread?

I am not a Joe apologist. No dog in this fight. But I remember bits and pieces here and there. I remember when Joe was King around these parts. My how times change. Flacco has been through a lot and I realize he looks bad right now, but remember this headline? Just sayin'.

'JOE FLACCO'S SEASON OVER WITH KNEE INJURY'

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-31c1f84a6ab6

"Flacco suffered the injury on the first play of the game-winning drive that began with just 54 seconds left on the clock. He threw a slant route across the middle to wide receiver Chris Givens, and after he released the pass, Rams defensive end Matt Longacre shoved left tackle James Hurst to the ground and into Flacco’s left leg.

Flacco quickly climbed to his feet in an attempt to shake off the injury, but he knew something wasn’t right. He stayed in the game for three more plays to pick up another first down and then kill the clock for kicker Justin Tucker’s game-winner."

Personal note to Joe, That's what you get for trying to do what you thought would help the team. No good deed goes unpunished apparently.
    Last edited by CincyCat; 11-15-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Re: Joe Flacco appreciation thread?

Wait for it............................
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

i remember dalton was a beast and then not sure what happened. some ppl thought he was even better than joe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i remember dalton was a beast and then not sure what happened. some ppl thought he was even better than joe
    Whitworth and Zeitler left. Dalton got happy feet. The end.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

An easily forgotten show of grit and perseverance, by the Quarterback many feel stopped caring once he got paid and only performed well in 2014, because Kubiak didn't tolerate lackadaisical behavior.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    An easily forgotten show of grit and perseverance, by the Quarterback many feel stopped caring once he got paid and only performed well in 2014, because Kubiak didn't tolerate lackadaisical behavior.
    I think that would probably be an accurate assesment

I also think its cos for the most part the talent and OCs since Kubiak around Joe has sucked.

2013 i don't really count either because that was probably the worst team weve had in terms of talent in the Harbs era

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That is the one narrative that irritates me the most. Joe did not miss a start in 7-1/2 seasons. If people want to say he’s having a Bad year, well I’m on board with that. He deserves his share of the blame, but to say he’s a quitter is just not accurate.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

You are a few years too early for this thread. Wait until Flacco is gone and we have someone here who actually is as bad as the "Flacco is literally Satan" crowd want to think he is. He'll get the appreciation then.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You are a few years too early for this thread. Wait until Flacco is gone and we have someone here who actually is as bad as the "Flacco is literally Satan" crowd want to think he is. He'll get the appreciation then.
    BINGO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    That is the one narrative that irritates me the most. Joe did not miss a start in 7-1/2 seasons. If people want to say he’s having a Bad year, well I’m on board with that. He deserves his share of the blame, but to say he’s a quitter is just not accurate.
    So much truth.

Criticise his play, its deserved.
    Don't criticise him having a family, or his "lack of fire", or his toughness etc.

Its blatant trolling

Flacco is the best QB the Ravens have ever had at this point in their history.

His playing streak and performance will always be admired by me. He did nothing but win for the early part of his career and since his injury for either that reason, or lousy coaching, lousy talent, to which ever issue you wish to hang your hat on his performance just hasn't been the same since.

He has not been the same player.

But I still root for him to win, still root for him to get back to the way he used to play but I doubt that will honestly ever happen

How about his work ethic.

Quote from Flacco this week about the bye week

"if we didn't have to be here, I wasn't"

Quite the leader of a 4-5 team with the worst offense in football claiming to be making a big push to the offseason.