Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Lombardi's piece on the coaches and scouts

ON POINT

Blog Entries

Re: Lombardi's piece on the coaches and scouts

https://russellstreetreport.com/2017...es-and-scouts/

here's the link for what the Iceman is talking about.....lol i just have to laugh.. ILB traits my ass.

How many of us posters have been saying this very thing for years?????

The most recent Ravens embarrassment Matt Elam. He turned in a decent rookie year, nothing special and then they switched him around and BOOM he was a bust.

Now Correa, Arthur Brown is another.

Havent a lot of us (I Damn sure am including myself in this argument) Been saying this for years now. Harbaugh and the front offices arrogance is killing this team.

Think back to a player like RGIII. Mike Shanahan tailored his rookies offense to fit the player, the guy thrived. Shanahan is gone, and RGIII sucked ever since.

Good coaches get the best out of their players. Bad COaches try and force players to fit their garbage scheme.

Billick was a great coach who got the most out of his players. Look at all the players who left here and never played the same.

Now a player leaves here and gets better (John Simon, KO, Wagner etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    https://russellstreetreport.com/2017...es-and-scouts/

here's the link for what the Iceman is talking about.....lol i just have to laugh.. ILB traits my ass.
    Coaching issue, but Harbaugh has the under armor J crew face of the franchise bull shit! They need a real system that anyone can come in and play like Jacksonville and Seattle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    How many of us posters have been saying this very thing for years?????

The most recent Ravens embarrassment Matt Elam. He turned in a decent rookie year, nothing special and then they switched him around and BOOM he was a bust.

Now Correa, Arthur Brown is another.

Havent a lot of us (I Damn sure am including myself in this argument) Been saying this for years now. Harbaugh and the front offices arrogance is killing this team.

Think back to a player like RGIII. Mike Shanahan tailored his rookies offense to fit the player, the guy thrived. Shanahan is gone, and RGIII sucked ever since.

Good coaches get the best out of their players. Bad COaches try and force players to fit their garbage scheme.

Billick was a great coach who got the most out of his players. Look at all the players who left here and never played the same.

Now a player leaves here and gets better (John Simon, KO, Wagner etc...)
    years sir years we have been saying this.

Blog Entries

It's what happens when you insist on drafting the same positions every year. Not a lot of room for him to play outside with all the decent players they have there, whereas the inside is the issue. It's not Correa's fault.

Blog Entries

I've always said the best coaches look at the talent they have and implement a system/scheme that fits the players. Also, they game plan weekly to attack the opposite team's weakness. It seems obvious, but a lot of NFL teams don't do it. Ravens included.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Coaching issue, but Harbaugh has the under armor J crew face of the franchise bull shit! They need a real system that anyone can come in and play like Jacksonville and Seattle.
    ya feel me filth? When you don't have a system you don't know how to groom and help young player progress. You are basically just lining up guys to play on talent versus to play within a scheme so you have no idea if this player will fit on your team or not...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I've always said the best coaches look at the talent they have and implement a system/scheme that fits the players. Also, they game plan weekly to attack the opposite team's weakness. It seems obvious, but a lot of NFL teams don't do it. Ravens included.
    the ones that do it look at their consistent success no matter who comes and goes as coaches or what talent they lose or gain the machine keeps rolling because its a system.

It's been a reoccurring problem. Harbs and his coordinators rarely scheme to their players strength. Remember Kruger? Remember how in college he was known for one thing, rushing the passer. What does these coaches do? Switch his position several times, make him gain and loss weight, then finally in 2012 they let him rush the passer and was effective at it and helped us win our second SB. Kruger had enough of the BS and signed a fat contract with Cleveland. Where he never achieved the same level of success in 2012, still had decent numbers for a pure pass rusher. When the Browns are putting your players in a better position to succeed than you...stop coaching immediately!

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    the ones that do it look at their consistent success no matter who comes and goes as coaches or what talent they lose or gain the machine keeps rolling because its a system.
    Yep. Patriots are an obvious one. They lose top players and don't lose a beat. Brady for 4 games last year, Gronk, Edelman... Coaching is always so underrated in the NFL.

I'm gonna go on a small tangent, but it backs up how good coaching makes a difference. The Patriots have recently been kicking the ball short on kickoffs to force returns instead of just booming it out of the endzone. The result is they are stopping 27.6% of kicks at the 20 or shorter. Source: http://www.footballperspective.com/g...best-kickoffs/

Then, you have the Ravens kickoff strategy:

Ravens: Baltimore has the best stuff rate in the league: only 31.8% of their total kickoffs have been returned, but 20.4% of the total kickoffs have been stopped at the 20 or sooner. Perhaps this is a function of superstar kicker Justin Tucker: no one would be surprised if a huge air-time under Tucker’s kicks is giving the Baltimore defense enough time to run into place. So why are such a low percentage of Tucker’s kicks getting returned? I’m a bit surprised that John Harbaugh, former special teams coach, hasn’t used his team’s strength to his advantage more often.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    It's been a reoccurring problem. Harbs and his coordinators rarely scheme to their players strength. Remember Kruger? Remember how in college he was known for one thing, rushing the passer. What does these coaches do? Switch his position several times, make him gain and loss weight, then finally in 2012 they let him rush the passer and was effective at it and helped us win our second SB. Kruger had enough of the BS and signed a fat contract with Cleveland. Where he never achieved the same level of success in 2012, still had decent numbers for a pure pass rusher. When the Browns are putting your players in a better position to succeed than you...stop coaching immediately!

when Chuck P came in and put Kruger's hands in the dirt and kept out there in passing downs Kruger caught fire.