Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No More!

Blog Entries

No More!

I tried to wait until the off-season, Lord knows I tried, but I just................I just can't wait anymore. This is madness. Far be it from be to be the type to tell you that I told you so, but............................................I............SO!!....told you so. I don't know how much it's going to take for doubters out there to finally learn to trust the Sword, but you need to get with the times people.

Let's start with Timmy Jernigan. I, apparently, didn't know what I was talking about when I said that Jernigan would thrive in Philly, because he would have the same responsibilities there that he had here. Well, the idea that Dean Pees runs his share of 4-3 Under does not mean that every 4-3 Under scheme gives Defensive Tackles the same responsibility. Here, Pees wants his guys to contain. In Philly's wide 9 scheme, Jernigan is expected to attack, and has the space to do so with the Ends taking such wide angles. Even though he himself is not racking up the stats, his presence in the middle is setting up the edge rushers to get to the QB. Suddenly, Jernigan looks like the player we scouted, leading up to the draft. Will he become complacent after getting paid, none of us know. However, there is no doubt that he was miscast here, like many before him. Leading him to take the heat for a Defensive Coordinator who got his coaching degree from BCCC.

Speaking of the defense, is....is that.......oh look.......Tony Jefferson is covering 20 yards deep..................................LIKE I FUCKING SAID HE WOULD!! But noooooooooooooooooooooooo, the Excellector, precious light magic sword of the Great King Austin Lyle Forrester didn't know what it was talking about. It was pulling stuff out of its ass and, apparently, never watched Jefferson play in Arizona. Oh, I watched Jefferson play in Arizona. I also watched how far better coaches utilized him properly in their scheme. In all of his years of being the Defensive Coordinator in New England and Baltimore combined, Dean Pees has never, EVER, used a Safety the way that Jefferson is supposed to be used. I told you yahoos that he'd have Jefferson playing out of his element, 20 yards downfield, and here we are, wondering why Jefferson looks confused as another TD is given up in the corner of the end zone.

I actually feel bad for the defensive players. Especially Kamalei Correa. Granted, I wanted Spence or Jack if they were going to go defense at that spot and Spence is now hurt, but Correa still showed some skills on tape that could translate to a guy who could be a decent two dimensional OLB. He was very good going forward and just attacking the ball. He needed to improve his hand technique, but showed the relentlessness that you want to see and finished plays. It was no surprise to me that the team, unfortunately, took the handful of snaps he played at ILB and figured that they could put him there full time. It was no surprise to me that they overloaded the kid and it's no surprise to me that he's sucked at ILB, because quite frankly, even in limited time, HE SUCKED AT IT IN COLLEGE! All he can do is go forward and even then he struggled to get off of blocks against the run from ILB at Boise State. Every weakness you see from him Inside is a weakness he showed at BSU inside. However, instead of accentuating his positives, they put him in better position to have his weaknesses completely exposed. Now, the best we could hope for is another Defensive Coordinator to get one Paul Kruger year out of him before he leaves for big money.

For some reason unknown to the Land of Verdite or the nWo, posters actually bought into the asinine fallacy that Pees never coached more aggressively, because he didn't have the guys. WRONG. You know what you did. You allowed your hope to cloud your judgment and got sick and tired of the Sword being right. So, you were clamoring for anything to come about that would prove him wrong, because you still operate under the assumption that the Sword says things and makes claims just to make them. One day, you'll learn that there is a lot of thought behind the claims that I make.

And while we're at it..............FUCK THE ROMAN EMPIRE. Rome wasn't built in a day, but quite frankly it needs to be blown right straight to hell in the next 24 hours. Blues Brothers car pile up, cliche action movie explosion, Mick Foley off the Hell in the Cell, Bc's Sister-in-Law. STRAIGHT TO HELL.

Here is what some posters do not realize about the clusterfuck that John Harbaugh created when he brought in Greg Roman to implement his inside trap scheme. If anyone remembers the Eagles offenses under Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg, they were based off of West Coast concepts with a blend of complex screens to utilize the skillset of Brian Westbrook and deep passes to take advantage of McNabb's ability to extend plays and his better deep accuracy (Compared to his short accuracy). Those screens were predicated on Zone schemes, using huge, but athletic offensive linemen who could get to a spot quickly and understood zone discipline. Thus, they were the best screen team in the league, partly, because you never knew which direction the screen was going to go. There were many plays (For those who remember watching them), where the defense actually sensed that a screen was coming, but couldn't stop it because the screen went in a surprisingly different direction. They had the line pieces, the backs and the coach. The system was in place for years. Even when Andy gave up play-calling, he still oversaw it. Thus, Juan Castillo was actually made to look good, much like he was when Kubiak was here.

By bringing in Greg Roman, John took those screens concepts and blew them to smithereens, annihilating a sizable portion of Marty's playbook, because the inside trap scheme has very different principles and requires very different linemen. So, a year after Marty was forced to run Trestman's scheme, he now has to figure out how to recreate a good portion of his playbook to get those screens working with Roman's blocking scheme and..................NEWSFLASH..........................IT SUCKS!! ITS THE PITS!! Which I tried to tell you it would be, but once again I just spout off stuff for the hell of it apparently.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: No More!

Then, there's the fallacy that this offense could be average. Let's look at the originally intended starting lineup. Stanley, Lewis, Jensen, Yanda, Howard, Watson, Wallace, Maclin, Flacco, Woodhead, Perriman. The only,oooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnly way that lineup was going to be ranked 16th or higher is if evvvvvvvvvverything went right. NEWFLASH: THAT NEVER HAPPENS PEOPLE!!! When, has everything ever completely went right? When has a starting offensive lineup every completely stayed healthy for 16 games? NEVER! That's why the Front Office and coaching staff doesn't get a pass, because it was a shitty plan A, followed by poor depth. Your Oline depth was two mid-round guards? Seriously? One raw as sushi and the other clearly needing to develop his low body strength. The tape showed that he lacked bend and was only effective going straight forward. That is not effective for a trap scheme. We all knew Woodhead would get hurt and he only beat the fWo's prediction by one drive.

So, then we heard that Maclin was going to be this great WR and I caught heat for saying that his hands were questionable. I never said the man sucked. I said that while he will make some good plays, he will irritate you with drops. Just because he saw more targets in KC and his last year in Philly doesn't mean that he suddenly stopped having issues with it. It just means that his targets went up and his numbers look better. He's already had one pop up for a pick, he had a drop last week on an easy completion and has anyone noticed that he rarely catches the ball cleanly and too often has to double clutch it to bring it in? Also, there was one other reason why a team with Alex freaking Smith at QB felt comfortable getting rid of him, he couldn't stay healthy and has had to literally leave every game he's played this year, at one point or another, for a few plays at least, due to being nicked up.

Even Benjamin Watson really has to be monitored closely, because he's older and coming off of an achilles injury. So, basically, the three most reliable guys that everyone feels need to be forced the ball now that they've seen why Joe doesn't spread the ball around, are all liable to get injured faster than the speed of Michael Campanaro.

I told you about the issues with the passing offense last year. They had two vertical threats who were blanketed and no one underneath to take advantage and bring the safeties up. It's the same issue this year. Even worse, teams are stacking the box, because of our beloved coaches and the fact that one of those vertical threats is really named Benicio Del Toro and is taking up his role in the movie 'Snatch'.

The one RB that you had who could handle 20+ carries consistently wasn't even a fit for the new blocking scheme and now you have to hope that Collins doesn't get hurt from taking in so many carries after not even having 100 last season. That's about the only thing I'm not mad at harba.................no, you know what, he doesn't have a name anymore. I took it way and spray painted nWo on it. It's unrecognizable now.

The offense sucked last year, they lost Wagner, lost Smith Sr. and created a clusterfuck amongst the coaching staff and philosophy. Yet, somehow someway, people thought this offense would be better.

And now, let's get back to good ol' he who shall remain nameless. How much more evidence do people need? Joe Flacco's best season up to that point was 2010 and he got along with Zorn great and his technique looked better than ever. Zorn gets fired. John Matsko gets great results out of the offensive line. Matsko gets fired, AND REPLACED BY A GODDAMNED ALCOHOLIC!! AN ALCOHOLIC. JESUS H CHRIST! An alcoholic people. We talking bout a half pint, not a fifth, not a fifth, not the fifth that break my first twenty on, we talkin bout a half-pint. Smh. Anyways, during the 2012 halftime against New England, John Harbaugh finally announces that he's going to put the ball in Joe Flacco's hands and that Joe Flacco is going to lead them to a Super Bowl. The locker room erupts in cheers..............................think about that.

All Jim Caldwell did was use common fucking sense. He put Boldin in the slot more and gave Joe more control at the LOS. Even then, John tried to press him to run on first down ad nauseum. The Ravens win the Super Bowl, Joe's cap number after the new deal is actually under 8 million and they trade his best WR for a pair of payless shoes. We now find out that Harbaugh wanted Pollard gone when Ozzie didn't, the first FOUR picks in the draft are on defense and Juan Castillo is brought in. So, we then have two Line coaches of completely different philosophies. To the point that even Marshal Yanda is publicly acknowledging the mass confusion it caused. He has to be told to check into Kubiak even wanting the job, instead of just leaving a simple bloody voicemail just to cover his bases in the first place. Kubiak demands full control and Harbaugh still tries to talk him into keeping Juan. Kubiak did such a great job that even James Hurst looked serviceable. Kubiak leaves and Dennison isn't even offered the OC spot. So, as a result, I have to hear posters talk about how Kubiak leaving pulled the rug from under him. He is the Head Coach. It is his job to develop that pipeline. Even if Dennison were to turn it down and join Kubiak anyway, that still leaves a handful of assistants who could have helped them keep the scheme in place. Instead of hiring someone like Dennison, much like other young up and coming coaches we've wanted to see promoted, he brings in Trestman instead and forces him to run Kubiak's schemes. Again, much like the 4-3 Under concept, they are not all the same. It was another clusterfuck.

Lombardi has recently been critical of Flacco, but he once even talked about how Harbaugh micromanages Flacco and the offense and only let him play loose when he's left with no other choice, which is a big reason why Flacco looks so inconsistent (Part of it is Flacco and the head scratching decisions he makes as well, but I digress). Boldin comes out and says that Flacco doesn't get the credit that he deserves and he doesn't have much to say about Harbaugh. Suggs is running around with a Flacco Elite shirt and comes out and says that if we looked at what's around him we'd see that it doesn't matter who was at QB in this situation. Steve Smith came out after he retired and flat out said that at times the offense failed Joe. Pollard comes out and defends Flacco, saying he's the same guy he's always been and that it's a coaching issue. Wallace, when he first arrived, told a story of how he saw Flacco in the weight room rehabbing his knee and that he'd never seen a QB going so hard in the weight room before. Pitta has now come out and flat out said that Joe is being told to check it down if his first read is not open. But somehow, people actually thought that a guy who, just three years ago, AFTER HE GOT PAID MIND YOU, almost led the team to taking down New England AGAIN, AND WOULD HAVE IF TORREY FUCKING SMITH JUST ELEVATED FOR THE FUCKING BALL!!!! This guy who apparently didn't give a shit once he got paid played his usual season under...........guess what............GOOD COACHING!.

How many more people have to speak out before people realize how lucky we actually were to even get ONE! Super Bowl out of this team and offense. You couldn't come up with a worse environment and strategy for developing a QB and offense if it were birthed from the bowels of Cleveland.

This QB who supposedly doesn't give a shit is still trying to run for first downs, is still rushing back from injuries. First the knee. This year, playing a week after getting completely knocked into ECW, AND STILL TRYING TO RUN FOR FIRST DOWNS!

This is why the fWo defends him. Because while he has his faults, he's so far down the list of reasons this team has struggled that it's not even worth our time to shit on him.

When this off-season comes around, I don't want to hear shit about waiting until Free Agency develops. I don't want to hear shit about waiting until the draft. I don't want to hear those smart assed remarks like, "Gee, it's too bad the draft already happened........oh wait!" Save it. Just, save it, because it's the same shit you'll end up having to remain silent about that's been happening for the past half decade with this team. The FWO ain't going for that this off-season. No more of that, 'We just need our Center to be adequate' shit either. Know you're QB. You have a pocket passer with some mobility going north and south, but who struggles to move east and west and is most bothered by interior pressure. You need more than an adequate Center. You have a QB who has a propensity to throw off of his back foot. So, you need to develop a deep pocket that he can be comfortable in. A pocket that is consistent. So that, the few times it's not there, muscle memory alone will allow his footwork to maneuver that pocket to his liking. You need the Sugar huddle. It pissed me the fuck off to see Harbaugh trying to tell the offense to hurry up, as if that mother fucker knows what he's doing. I've met state employees more competent than him. He's the reason the shit is fucked up, because half of the pass catchers don't even know what the fuck they're doing! Did you people ever stop to think that maybe, a guy whose best in a Sugar huddle up tempo pace, is slowing it down, because he just has to make sure everyone is on the same page and, as we now know, he's been told to not take chances?

I'm so pissed off right now, I don't even...................................man, smh.............................................................FUCK!
    Last edited by The Excellector; 11-10-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

We couldn't run screens pre-Roman. I don't think it's roman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    We couldn't run screens pre-Roman. I don't think it's roman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is Roman, because with Kubiak they had no issue running screens. Trestman was not allowed to bring in his own staff and run his own stuff. Marty was then forced to run Trestman's stuff. We thought that Marty was going to get to run his own stuff, but once Roman was brought in and Wagner was gone I knew Roman was going to be an issue.

I'll need to carve out part of day to check this all out. I don't mind long posts, just need more time.

Actually I'm with the post. I read it and amplifies many of my thoughts.
    Last edited by alienstar; 11-10-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It is Roman, because with Kubiak they had no issue running screens. Trestman was not allowed to bring in his own staff and run his own stuff. Marty was then forced to run Trestman's stuff. We thought that Marty was going to get to run his own stuff, but once Roman was brought in and Wagner was gone I knew Roman was going to be an issue.
    We all know trestman installed his own offense in 2016. We still couldn't run screens with Rick Wagner on the team.

We suck at screens and it's not just bexause of roman. That's silly.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

We all know trestman installed his own offense in 2016. We still couldn't run screens with Rick Wagner on the team.

We suck at screens and it's not just bexause of roman. That's silly.
    And he got all of what, four games running his own stuff before he was fired?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    And he got all of what, four games running his own stuff before he was fired?
    And we couldn't run a screen lol. The screens are an absolute cluster Fuck and guys clearly don't know where they're supposed to be.

Even when they go to the left side where Stanley is (good fit for zone blocking) they still do t work.

I'm just not sure how it's Romans fault.
    - Ray Lewis

I read it. I'm with you. This seems very close to reality, as far as I see it. Why does Harbaugh operate like this.

Blog Entries

And we couldn't run a screen lol. The screens are an absolute cluster Fuck and guys clearly don't know where they're supposed to be.

Even when they go to the left side where Stanley is (good fit for zone blocking) they still do t work.

I'm just not sure how it's Romans fault.
    They worked under Kubiak, because he gave them one clear vision, which is what they would have had with Marty if Roman was never brought in. Four games is not nearly long enough to get into the full groove of what you are running. Not to mention, Castillo was forced upon him.

Only fix to this is to clean house in the coaching staff. And possibly Ozzie too.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

The sword is drunk a bit early