Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Eagles gave Timmy J an extension

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I still want to know why does he only have 1.5 sacks? PFF had him rated as the best 3-4 defensive end last year against the run. I'm not surprised that his ability to defend against the run is still good but he had 3 sacks in the first three games of last year as a Raven. I just thought with all the talk about The Eagles defense being more aggressive it would mean Jerningan would have 7 sacks by now.
    Why Brandon Williams ain’t got no sacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    We have become an embarrassment.

A shell of our former stature.

Who is the culprit?
    Joe Flacco... someone had to say it! Ha

It's really a shit feeling when your team used to be one of the smartest in the room, and now are firmly seated at the kids table.

Does Bisciotti see this shit?

How is this not a huge red flag?
    Its tough to see things when your head is in the sand.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I mean, someone, Ozzie, pees, Harbaugh, has some serious explaining to do.

Did the entire organization turn into fucking no brain morons on and off the field?

Are we trapped in bizzaro world?

Why 90% of our decisions wrong the last few years?
    Surely this would paint oz in a good picture since he drafted him.... its obviously the coaches who arent getting the best out of them

Someway, somehow....this will be blamed on flacco.
    contract bro. Do you even Salary cap? I mean Lamar jackson would actually sign for the league minimum and lead us to 15 straight superbowls
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Brandon Williams=0 sacks

I am not sure that this signing paints the FO in a bad light. This is part of the reason why they traded him. They knew he was going to get a big contract and they valued B Williams higher. I have not watched Jernigan's play specifically so I cannot comment on how effective he is at collapsing the pocket in Philly. I will say that his 1.5 sacks is underwhelming. If it is between Jernigan the run stopper and Williams the run stopper I go with Williams based on our scheme. Just did a quick look at PFF ratings for interior Dline guys through week 9 and his name did not make either list. He was not on the inside pass rush list nor on the run stop list. Williams was #1 on the run stop list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I am not sure that this signing paints the FO in a bad light. This is part of the reason why they traded him. They knew he was going to get a big contract and they valued B Williams higher. I have not watched Jernigan's play specifically so I cannot comment on how effective he is at collapsing the pocket in Philly. I will say that his 1.5 sacks is underwhelming. If it is between Jernigan the run stopper and Williams the run stopper I go with Williams based on our scheme. Just did a quick look at PFF ratings for interior Dline guys through week 9 and his name did not make either list. He was not on the inside pass rush list nor on the run stop list. Williams was #1 on the run stop list.
    The rush defense is ranked 27th I think even with Williams being back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    The rush defense is ranked 27th I think even with Williams being back.

I am not excusing the coaching staff or the FO for the mess that is now the Ravens. Keeping Jernigan would have definitely made the defense better this year. That being said there is enough talent that the defense should be playing better and that is on Pees. The decision last year was to sign B Williams or Jernigan to a contract. They chose Williams. They traded Jernigan to get something for him although in hindsight I think they should have kept him and received a compensatory pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I am not excusing the coaching staff or the FO for the mess that is now the Ravens. Keeping Jernigan would have definitely made the defense better this year. That being said there is enough talent that the defense should be playing better and that is on Pees. The decision last year was to sign B Williams or Jernigan to a contract. They chose Williams. They traded Jernigan to get something for him although in hindsight I think they should have kept him and received a compensatory pick.
    I don’t think that’s the issue because we got Mike Pierce coming up and they are not trading him. I think Timmy and Harbaugh butt heads and Harbaugh told Ozzie to send him packing because he’s not playing him. Jernigan to me was an Ozzie pick through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Why Brandon Williams ain’t got no sacks?

This not answering my question though. You can check and see that before Brandon Williams was injured he was rated as pro football 8th best interior defender. My overall question is since Timmy Jernigan was suppose to be misused by The Ravens/Dean Pees why is his sack number so low. He had more sacks with The Ravens in his first three games of the season in 2016 than The Eagles currently. I seen more than one person on here saying that Jernigan was a bad fit for The Ravens even though he was ranked as the best 3-4 defensive end against the run with 5 sacks last year. I'm not getting it but it is what it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    This not answering my question though. You can check and see that before Brandon Williams was injured he was rated as pro football 8th best interior defender. My overall question is since Timmy Jernigan was suppose to be misused by The Ravens/Dean Pees why is his sack number so low. He had more sacks with The Ravens in his first three games of the season in 2016 than The Eagles currently. I seen more than one person on here saying that Jernigan was a bad fit for The Ravens even though he was ranked as the best 3-4 defensive end against the run with 5 sacks last year. I'm not getting it but it is what it is.
    Lol ok Jazz