Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Eagles gave Timmy J an extension

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I could give a shit about Timmy J.

We all talk NONSTOP about how it's a results league. He was not performing here. Whether it's becuase his motor is inconisstent or he didn't fit the scheme, it doesn't really matter. We have not missed him this year at all.
    True. We weren't going to pay him anything close to that either. The only question is if the comp pick they would have received would have been of great value than the swap in picks then ended up getting

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    True. We weren't going to pay him anything close to that either. The only question is if the comp pick they would have received would have been of great value than the swap in picks then ended up getting
    Yeah, I personally dont think he was a bad scheme fit.

Everyone says he's a 1 gap attack pass rusher. Well when we go into our nickel (which we do a lot in passing downs) he still wasn't doing anything and his main responsibility was to shoot the gap and rush the passer.

I'm sure Dean Pees vanilla scheme din't help, but he still wasn't that good here. Maybe it was the scheme, but I really dont think it was
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Wormley !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a bonanza for the Ravens... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Wormley !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a bonanza for the Ravens... Bc
    He might actually play by 2020.....what a haul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I could give a shit about Timmy J.

We all talk NONSTOP about how it's a results league. He was not performing here. Whether it's becuase his motor is inconisstent or he didn't fit the scheme, it doesn't really matter. We have not missed him this year at all.
    That’s right. Good for Timmy J, but it wasn’t happening here. Bigger pissoff is that we should have taken Landry in that spot but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    That’s right. Good for Timmy J, but it wasn’t happening here. Bigger pissoff is that we should have taken Landry in that spot but it is what it is.
    It is easy to say that now about Landry but I don't think anybody was taking him that high in the second round especially considering his combine and pro day work outs.

Henry has emerged this season, and he might still not have been activated had Jernigan been kept. Willie plays virtually the same role as the single lineman on passing downs and the Ravens will maximize his value if they reduce his snaps to keep him fresh.

Also, in terms of the comp pick, the Ravens might have received a 3rd in 2019 for Jernigan, but it would have constrained them in terms of FA signings prior to 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    First over all in pressure Jazz...FFFFUUUUURRRRSSSTTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yo leave my boy jazz alone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Henry has emerged this season, and he might still not have been activated had Jernigan been kept. Willie plays virtually the same role as the single lineman on passing downs and the Ravens will maximize his value if they reduce his snaps to keep him fresh.

Also, in terms of the comp pick, the Ravens might have received a 3rd in 2019 for Jernigan, but it would have constrained them in terms of FA signings prior to 2018.
    Ozzie is the master of accumulating comp picks. There absolutely would have been some complications in free angecy but that’s the way it has been almost every year. If anyone is able to get that comp picks and still add players through free agency it’s Ozzie. No GM ever has worked that as well as he has.

Blog Entries

I'm not saying Ozzie should have held onto Jernigan, but we ended up with Wormley for him.
    Considering the multiple offensive players available in the (3rd round) spot, what was accomplished by using his "assets?" To me, nothing... Bc

I'm not saying Ozzie should have held onto Jernigan, but we ended up with Wormley for him.
    Considering the multiple offensive players available in the (3rd round) spot, what was accomplished by using his "assets?" To me, nothing... Bc
    Basically a downgrade TBH. Jernigan wasn't great here, but he still actually played. Trading Jernigan to just draft a new guy was just stupid
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Exactly. In a vacuum the contract itself means very little.

It's symptomatic of a deeper issue with their approach to building the roster.