Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh over riding Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    He defended Pees? Well, there goes his credibility.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    I think most those guys really do like Pees lol I don't know why but they never have nothing bad to say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I think most those guys really do like Pees lol I don't know why but they never have nothing bad to say about him.
    Even though he and Harbaugh keep throwing them under the bus with the "technique" response. He basically calls his players dumb and they like him. Well, maybe he's right.

Blog Entries

Even though he and Harbaugh keep throwing them under the bus with the "technique" response. He basically calls his players dumb and they like him. Well, maybe he's right.

lol maybe not these young guys but the old players did.

Since the GM and his staff does most of the college and pro scouting -- since they know which ingredients are freshest -- it isn't surprising that the GM decides who gets on the team.

Since the coach had his staff does most of the interacting with the player -- since he sees how the ingredients mix with one another -- it isn't surprising that the coach decides who is off the team (or at least who doesn't play).

Everyone bemoaning Ozzie’s “poor” performance since whenever are overlooking two things.
    The 2016 draft was a masterpiece. It features brilliant maneuvering in that the 2015 team had its worst finish (5-11) in years, followed by the Ravens stocking up on draft choices in advantageous position in 2016. Recently, the disgruntled bemoaned the 2nd round curse, often citing Correa as part of that. Well, that is not what we got via maneuvering in the second round, but rather – Judon, Chris Moore, and Correa. Judon is already a fine pro. Chris Moore may be a very good STer, which is ok as a bonus.

Consider Stanley, Young, Lewis, Henry, Dixon, Canady + UDFA Pierce, and not “wasting” a pick on Pierce and still getting him. That is savvy, and cool. This is a great haul. Only Correa and Kaufusi (so far) and late pick Reynolds have not panned out.

That recent draft alone shows that Ozzie has “not lost" it. Whatever Harbaugh whispered in his ear about draft picks, we can't sort it out.

The other observation is what seems to be this team’s floor: 8-8. The 2015 squad was massacred and is an obvious outlier. How many organizations around the league have trouble even getting to 8-8 and being able to stay there? Even the mediocre 2017 edition of the Ravens has a chance to be 8-8.

Most of the problems of the last few years stem from Harbaugh – preseason injuries due to training regimen, grinding of gears on offense, and incompetent DC. And even with that, this is a .500 club. There is a lot that is going right for that to be able to happen.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Organization is completely out of order if that is happening. What's the point of having a GM if the HC is going to be allowed to override him?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Everyone bemoaning Ozzie’s “poor” performance since whenever are overlooking two things.
    The 2016 draft was a masterpiece. It features brilliant maneuvering in that the 2015 team had its worst finish (5-11) in years, followed by the Ravens stocking up on draft choices in advantageous position in 2016. Recently, the disgruntled bemoaned the 2nd round curse, often citing Correa as part of that. Well, that is not what we got via maneuvering in the second round, but rather – Judon, Chris Moore, and Correa. Judon is already a fine pro. Chris Moore may be a very good STer, which is ok as a bonus.

Consider Stanley, Young, Lewis, Henry, Dixon, Canady + UDFA Pierce, and not “wasting” a pick on Pierce and still getting him. That is savvy, and cool. This is a great haul. Only Correa and Kaufusi (so far) and late pick Reynolds have not panned out.

That recent draft alone shows that Ozzie has “not lost" it. Whatever Harbaugh whispered in his ear about draft picks, we can't sort it out.

The other observation is what seems to be this team’s floor: 8-8. The 2015 squad was massacred and is an obvious outlier. How many organizations around the league have trouble even getting to 8-8 and being able to stay there? Even the mediocre 2017 edition of the Ravens has a chance to be 8-8.

Most of the problems of the last few years stem from Harbaugh – preseason injuries due to training regimen, grinding of gears on offense, and incompetent DC. And even with that, this is a .500 club. There is a lot that is going right for that to be able to happen.
    Good post Rhap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Organization is completely out of order if that is happening. What's the point of having a GM if the HC is going to be allowed to override him?
    We don't know if Harbaugh overrides Ozzie. We have reason to assume Harbaugh has influence on personnel decisions. I doubt that Ozzie is in a position to fire Harbaugh without Steve behind him. Steve recently stated that he thinks the FO is "not doing anything wrong". But he also said "sometimes he (Steve) is the fly on the wall and sometimes he is the fly in the ointment." A typically diplomatic utterance from him.

It's ultimately up to Steve. The Ravens fan can only hope that Steve weighs in more on the dysfunctional aspects more now than he has in the past. What I think we have to live with is that it is Steve's clear preference to influence Harbaugh for the better, rather than change his manager(s) in the FO.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

He defended Pees? Well, there goes his credibility.

Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Maybe preseason is how Pees wants to run it and Johnny tells him to play softer in the regular season. If John wanted more blitzing Pees would blitz more. It also could be why John hasent fired pees

Blog Entries

Harbaugh, the no good cocksucker that he is, enemy of the FWO, got more stroke after our leader, Joe Flacco, dragged his ass to a title. Thanks to Bisciotti making him fire Cameron and Caldwell just using common sense. He does not override Ozzie completely, but he now has more stroke and the owner's ear.............................the bastard.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Harbaugh, the no good cocksucker that he is, enemy of the FWO, got more stroke after our leader, Joe Flacco, dragged his ass to a title. Thanks to Bisciotti making him fire Cameron and Caldwell just using common sense. He does not override Ozzie completely, but he now has more stroke and the owner's ear.............................the bastard.
    He's almost Politician like.