Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh over riding Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Jesus, come on guys. Think this through a little bit.

Of course it is true the HC has input; that was and is always true, as it should be. But the buck stops with Oz.

Ozzie knows he has responsibility for whether this team wins or loses. He knows he has responsibility and blame for whether the players he acquires pan out. And he has many options, including 1) retire, 2) take another NFL job -- and he would get a ton of offers, or 3) follow the long-rumored road back to Bama. So why on EARTH would he accept being told who he needs to acquire and who he needs to get rid of?

Harbs: "I really like this Matt Elam kid."
    Oz: "The kid sucks."
    Harbs: "Tough. Draft him anyway."
    Oz: "Okay."

Does that make ANY sense to you? And if Harbs wanted to get rid of alpha males because, you know, his ego problem, please explain why in the hell he would take the alpha-est of alpha males in Steve Smith Sr.

By "local media" you mean "Mike Preston" and by "players" you mean "Bernard Pollard." There is zero credibility there. None. The fact that any of you are gullible enough to believe this bullshit is astounding.
    Its not quite that simple.

No John is not overriding Oz. His coaching and philosophy is overriding potential talent/development of the players. The reason that it seems like John has a lot of clout is because he's got his bad coaching stink all over everything.
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jimmy smith has been pretty good. I think the issues started after 2012
    Smith is good, he isn't great. This year is his best year so far.

I am talking best player at their respective positions year in, year out

OGdens, Suggs, Ngatas, Lewis, Reeds of the world etc...

Even CMAC was near top of his position for few years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Smith is good, he isn't great. This year is his best year so far.

I am talking best player at their respective positions year in, year out

OGdens, Suggs, Ngatas, Lewis, Reeds of the world etc...

Even CMAC was near top of his position for few years.
    Jimmy Smith is arguably the best corner in football right now and has been hurt a lot when he started to get good. Also those guys you mentioned are HOF worthy talent. I dont know if theres another team in the league that has drafted that much talent since 2008 either.

Blog Entries

.... but i get what YOU'RE saying i

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Keyword you obviously missed wearing your homer purple glasses "INPUT".

If you think a headcoach doesn't have his fair share of input on this roster your kidding yourself.

How much proof do you need? How many more 8-8 medicore seasons before you start believing that there isn't a problem?
    First off, I am not a Harbaugh fan. At all. In fact, I have gone on the record of saying multiple times that he needs to go.

Secondly, I was responding to the idea that Harbaugh OVERRIDES Ozzie. Not that he does not have ANY input.

Pollard is disgruntled because he was let go. He wasn't a cap casualty, only $1m. Every Super Bowl winning team deals with heavy turnover, which is part of why so many recent winners miss the playoffs the following year. Ray & Birk retired. Ed should have retired, but got paid well elsewhere and got cut that same season. Kruger, Ellerbe, Cary Williams all chased big money that they all also proved was unjustified. So of the 6 top departures, all were by player choice, none were forced out because Harbaugh wanted the Alpha's gone.

Now look what is left on the roster at this point and think to yourself, Pollard is a loud mouthed, 15 yard penalty waiting to happen. He's not a student of the game by any stretch. He even admits in that interview, "I never wanted to be a Hall of Fame Player, I just knock the piss out of people." Well news flash Bernard, that aspect of the game is going away. And when your personality is abrasive too? Well, if we're moving on from so many others, why not add you to the list?

I think he also has a very inflated view of himself as one of the leaders on that team. I think in his mind, he was on the same plane as Ray and Ed as far as leaders. That too I think hastened his departure. At least Ray and Ed could pull him aside and tell him to stfu. He says multiple times in that interview that the players ran the team, and I think he includes himself in that. No doubt Ray and Ed ran the defense. Him, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    First off, I am not a Harbaugh fan. At all. In fact, I have gone on the record of saying multiple times that he needs to go.

Secondly, I was responding to the idea that Harbaugh OVERRIDES Ozzie. Not that he does not have ANY input.
    A fair, reasonable assumption to this entire thread would be:

Barbs probably has had significantly more input on our personnel since his Superbowl win. Which would be commonplace on any team.

I think thats fair.

I just think his influence is bad overall.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Huh?

HIH hit the nail on the head.

I do think winning the SB gave him more influence. However, to say he overrides? Nah. Ozzie built this time. Harbaugh definitely has influence, but "override" just doesn't make sense to me.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    HIH hit the nail on the head.

I do think winning the SB gave him more influence. However, to say he overrides? Nah. Ozzie built this time. Harbaugh definitely has influence, but "override" just doesn't make sense to me.
    People are putting waaaaaayyyyyyy too much thought into this.

Ozzie has missed (for the most part) the last few drafts. That's his fault and he needs to be held accountable for that.

Harbaugh's time with the team is up. His message has gotten old and stale. It happens with pretty much every HC/team after a period of time. It's time for a change of scenery for Harbaugh and a new direction for the Ravens.

Flacco has regressed as a QB when the organization thought he would take a step forward. That's his fault and he needs to be held accountable for that.

It's time to move on from all three. Unfortunately...it will be a few years before we can move on from Flacco. That shouldn't hold up moving forward though.

Hasn't decosta been running the drafts lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk