Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh over riding Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It also would seem like maybe Steve likes Harbs so much that hes allowing Harbs to have final say on decisions when it comes to players. And that theres no hope that he gets fired any time soon.
    Seems to be the case

Blog Entries

Wormley? ... Bc

Blog Entries

I don't wtf is going with this team anymore the whole process seems like one big cluster fuck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I don't wtf is going with this team anymore the whole process seems like one big cluster fuck.
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Pollard has made it personal. I don't believe a thing he says

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    How are you not buying it?

There is no mystery here that Since 2008 Ozzie has not drafted any real impact player. We have seen a few nince players, Jimmy SMith, Mosley etc... but outside of Ray Rice who was the last real pro bowler type player? The top rated player year after year at their respective position?

If you think Ozzie doesn't allow his head coaches input on players they want, you are fooling your self.

The local media has talked about this for years. Now we have players speaking publicly about.

Let me guess, you probably don't think there is a casting couch in Hollywood either right? LOL

How many players need to come forward and admit such before you start believing it????

Harbaugh and his ego is a problem plain and simple
    So you're saying that you think Harbs overrides Ozzie? LOL

I don't believe a word that Pollard says when it comes to his being let go. The other thing is that as a leader of an organization you cannot have a cancer on the team and Pollard would certainly qualify as a cancer.

John is the coach and he has say over scheme and who plays where and when. I do think there is a disconnect between the front office and the coaches. More so on defense than anywhere else. I believe it came to a head over John Simon. The scouts and front office did not feel like the coaches were using the players correctly. I do think from a scheme perspective Trestman was the wrong move for what the front office was building. I think he was brought in with the understanding that he would continue to do what Kubiak was doing. Stupid Premise to begin with that as expected ended in a dumpster fire. I also feel like that MM is also the wrong fit for what the front office wants but hiring Roman to fix the running game was the compromise. Roman running the ball is what the front office and even Harbaugh wants to do. The problem is that once they lost so many guards a consistently good running game became near impossible. MM passing attack is completely wrong for the personnel. Good defenses stop the run and our passing game is a disaster because it is a square peg in a round hole.

In short the coaching staff is not using the players the way that they were intended to be used when drafted. I think Ozzie has to be fuming over Judon at SAM over Bowser. Bowser was great during the pre season to only never see the field. He was so good Gil Brandt thought he would defensive rookie of the year.

On a side note what is really disappointing to me from last year to this year is that MM moved away from the crossing routes and rub routes. Those are routes that I felt Wallace and Perriman could really excel at. I expected more out of Wallace and Perriman based on how MM used them at the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    So you're saying that you think Harbs overrides Ozzie? LOL
    Keyword you obviously missed wearing your homer purple glasses "INPUT".

If you think a headcoach doesn't have his fair share of input on this roster your kidding yourself.

How much proof do you need? How many more 8-8 medicore seasons before you start believing that there isn't a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I don't believe a word that Pollard says when it comes to his being let go. The other thing is that as a leader of an organization you cannot have a cancer on the team and Pollard would certainly qualify as a cancer.

John is the coach and he has say over scheme and who plays where and when. I do think there is a disconnect between the front office and the coaches. More so on defense than anywhere else. I believe it came to a head over John Simon. The scouts and front office did not feel like the coaches were using the players correctly. I do think from a scheme perspective Trestman was the wrong move for what the front office was building. I think he was brought in with the understanding that he would continue to do what Kubiak was doing. Stupid Premise to begin with that as expected ended in a dumpster fire. I also feel like that MM is also the wrong fit for what the front office wants but hiring Roman to fix the running game was the compromise. Roman running the ball is what the front office and even Harbaugh wants to do. The problem is that once they lost so many guards a consistently good running game became near impossible. MM passing attack is completely wrong for the personnel. Good defenses stop the run and our passing game is a disaster because it is a square peg in a round hole.

In short the coaching staff is not using the players the way that they were intended to be used when drafted. I think Ozzie has to be fuming over Judon at SAM over Bowser. Bowser was great during the pre season to only never see the field. He was so good Gil Brandt thought he would defensive rookie of the year.

On a side note what is really disappointing to me from last year to this year is that MM moved away from the crossing routes and rub routes. Those are routes that I felt Wallace and Perriman could really excel at. I expected more out of Wallace and Perriman based on how MM used them at the end of last year.
    Good post. You touched a lot of sore spots, and they hurt.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Nah....not buying anything disgruntled batshit crazy Bernard Pollard has to say about the inner workings of Ravens management.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

There is no mystery here that Since 2008 Ozzie has not drafted any real impact player. We have seen a few nince players, Jimmy SMith, Mosley etc... but outside of Ray Rice who was the last real pro bowler type player? The top rated player year after year at their respective position?

If you think Ozzie doesn't allow his head coaches input on players they want, you are fooling your self.

The local media has talked about this for years. Now we have players speaking publicly about.

Let me guess, you probably don't think there is a casting couch in Hollywood either right? LOL

How many players need to come forward and admit such before you start believing it????

Jesus, come on guys. Think this through a little bit.

Of course it is true the HC has input; that was and is always true, as it should be. But the buck stops with Oz.

Ozzie knows he has responsibility for whether this team wins or loses. He knows he has responsibility and blame for whether the players he acquires pan out. And he has many options, including 1) retire, 2) take another NFL job -- and he would get a ton of offers, or 3) follow the long-rumored road back to Bama. So why on EARTH would he accept being told who he needs to acquire and who he needs to get rid of?

Harbs: "I really like this Matt Elam kid."
    Oz: "The kid sucks."
    Harbs: "Tough. Draft him anyway."
    Oz: "Okay."

Does that make ANY sense to you? And if Harbs wanted to get rid of alpha males because, you know, his ego problem, please explain why in the hell he would take the alpha-est of alpha males in Steve Smith Sr.

By "local media" you mean "Mike Preston" and by "players" you mean "Bernard Pollard." There is zero credibility there. None. The fact that any of you are gullible enough to believe this bullshit is astounding.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Jimmy smith has been pretty good. I think the issues started after 2012