Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: John Harbaugh over riding Oz?

I don't know about overriding Ozzie, but I feel that Harbs is really, really bad at talent evaluation. Too many guys who are touted as being good players never get to prove themselves on gameday because they're rotting away on the inactive list for unknown reasons. It's always a 'numbers game'. Yes, understand that but if you're in need in a certain area for a particular game why is so and so a healthy scratch? Again. Then if/when they do get a chance it's too late, contract up, not resigned.

To the poster who said Pollard was disgruntled? Listen to the interview that makes no sense. He even said Harbaugh never wanted him from the moment ozzie signed him. He didn't like his personality obviously because Pollard is one of those guys who is outspoken and doesn't take crap.

You cant deny his talent, especially when he was here. He was a heavy hitter in the box.

I never said the word "Override" so that I don't think pertains to me. My statement was Harbaugh has had plenty of input and his hand on players selected throughout his tenure much like Billick getting Boller.

Ozzie never wanted Boller, Ozzie wanted Leftwhich
    Ozzie didn't want Flacco, he wanted Matt Ryan.

We all know this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    To the poster who said Pollard was disgruntled? Listen to the interview that makes no sense. He even said Harbaugh never wanted him from the moment ozzie signed him. He didn't like his personality obviously because Pollard is one of those guys who is outspoken and doesn't take crap.

You cant deny his talent, especially when he was here. He was a heavy hitter in the box.

I never said the word "Override" so that I don't think pertains to me. My statement was Harbaugh has had plenty of input and his hand on players selected throughout his tenure much like Billick getting Boller.

We all know this.
    A disgruntled person will throw their entire organization under the bus and Bernie did no such thing, he stood up for Joe, said he love Ozzie still, love his team mates, praised the young players, defended Pees, the only person he has a problem with is harbaugh, the fact Ozzie called him and said he didn't want to cut him says it all.

Blog Entries

We all know this.
    Huh? Steve B wanted Matt Ryan. And wanted to do what it took to get him. Ozzie said no let's take Flacco. I highly doubt Ozzie would get overridden in 08 by a guy that was just hired and had never been a HC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Huh? Steve B wanted Matt Ryan. And wanted to do what it took to get him. Ozzie said no let's take Flacco. I highly doubt Ozzie would get overridden in 08 by a guy that was just hired and had never been a HC

The entire front office wanted Ryan. Ozzie basically had a deal done with the Rams until they demanded our 2nd round pick in 2009. That's when they shifted their focus to Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Benard Pollards recent interview certainly tells me that Harbaugh overrided Ozzie by cutting Pollard because he didnt want him on the team. Oz didnt want to cut him. This move kind of tells me that maybe there have been a lot of these decisions behind closed doors especially with who weve been drafting etc. Perhaps a lot of these guys have been Harbaugh guys which woulld explain why Oz goes from drafting more outspoken/alpha type players to selecting more reserved players who will fit under Harbs more.

Just a theory
    look at my draft thread pre and post harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

Ozzie was right on board with Bisciotti until the Rams asked for a 2009 pick on top of the Ravens' entire 2008 draft class. Let's not spin it like Ozzie wanted Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    The entire front office wanted Ryan. Ozzie basically had a deal done with the Rams until they demanded our 2nd round pick in 2009. That's when they shifted their focus to Flacco.
    Sorry...missed your post. Didn't mean to step on your toes

We all know this.
    BP was chillin until someone retweeted his thing from years ago and tagged him.
    its noe like he was looking to starta fight, so then these dudes asked him whats up anbd he told them how he feels.
    some folks need to take the shades off

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    BP was chillin until someone retweeted his thing from years ago and tagged him.
    its noe like he was looking to starta fight, so then these dudes asked him whats up anbd he told them how he feels.
    some folks need to take the shades off
    exactly he didn't even say anything until someone re-tweeted what he said a year ago. So obviously dude had moved on until it was brought up again.

We all know this.

Oh we do, do we? How do we know this? Pull quotes from the people involved. I would love to hear how we 'know' this.

Everyone preferred Leftwich to Boller. Everyone preferred Ryan to Flacco. That's why they were ranked higher. They were ranked higher on the Ravens board, and they were ranked higher on everyone else's board across the league. And of course, when you are trying to get a franchise QB, you try to get the best guy you can. But Ozzie tried -- and failed -- in both cases to trade up to get those guys.

That does NOT mean he didn't want Boller or Flacco -- it just means he PREFERRED Leftwich and Ryan. If he did not want either of those guys, he certainly would not have drafted either of those guys. If he thought Boller and/or Flacco were not going to be good NFL QBs, and he wasted a first rounder on them, he would have to be the dumbest GM in the history of the NFL.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    A disgruntled person will throw their entire organization under the bus and Bernie did no such thing, he stood up for Joe, said he love Ozzie still, love his team mates, praised the young players, defended Pees, the only person he has a problem with is harbaugh, the fact Ozzie called him and said he didn't want to cut him says it all.
    He defended Pees? Well, there goes his credibility.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk