Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

John Harbaugh over riding Oz?

Benard Pollards recent interview certainly tells me that Harbaugh overrided Ozzie by cutting Pollard because he didnt want him on the team. Oz didnt want to cut him. This move kind of tells me that maybe there have been a lot of these decisions behind closed doors especially with who weve been drafting etc. Perhaps a lot of these guys have been Harbaugh guys which woulld explain why Oz goes from drafting more outspoken/alpha type players to selecting more reserved players who will fit under Harbs more.

Just a theory

Re: John Harbaugh over riding Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Benard Pollards recent interview certainly tells me that Harbaugh overrided Ozzie by cutting Pollard because he didnt want him on the team. Oz didnt want to cut him. This move kind of tells me that maybe there have been a lot of these decisions behind closed doors especially with who weve been drafting etc. Perhaps a lot of these guys have been Harbaugh guys which woulld explain why Oz goes from drafting more outspoken/alpha type players to selecting more reserved players who will fit under Harbs more.

Just a theory
    There may be truth to this, but I'm certainly not trusting anything Bernard Pollard has to say.

Blog Entries

smh I heard that I was like wow, really John balls hang that low in the organization? Ozzie who has been here and constructed team after team, year after year, 2 superbowls just let this happen? So i wonder how many of these duds that are on the team are Ozzie or harbaugh's fault?

Just a theory
    I'm not buying this at all... Ozzie has way too much pride and was here way before Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    I'm not buying this at all... Ozzie has way too much pride and was here way before Harbaugh
    How are you not buying it?

There is no mystery here that Since 2008 Ozzie has not drafted any real impact player. We have seen a few nince players, Jimmy SMith, Mosley etc... but outside of Ray Rice who was the last real pro bowler type player? The top rated player year after year at their respective position?

If you think Ozzie doesn't allow his head coaches input on players they want, you are fooling your self.

The local media has talked about this for years. Now we have players speaking publicly about.

Let me guess, you probably don't think there is a casting couch in Hollywood either right? LOL

How many players need to come forward and admit such before you start believing it????

Harbaugh and his ego is a problem plain and simple

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post

There is no mystery here that Since 2008 Ozzie has not drafted any real impact player. We have seen a few nince players, Jimmy SMith, Mosley etc... but outside of Ray Rice who was the last real pro bowler type player? The top rated player year after year at their respective position?

If you think Ozzie doesn't allow his head coaches input on players they want, you are fooling your self.

The local media has talked about this for years. Now we have players speaking publicly about.

Let me guess, you probably don't think there is a casting couch in Hollywood either right? LOL

How many players need to come forward and admit such before you start believing it????

So you're saying that you think Harbs overrides Ozzie? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    So you're saying that you think Harbs overrides Ozzie? LOL
    Keyword you obviously missed wearing your homer purple glasses "INPUT".

If you think a headcoach doesn't have his fair share of input on this roster your kidding yourself.

How much proof do you need? How many more 8-8 medicore seasons before you start believing that there isn't a problem?

Keyword you obviously missed wearing your homer purple glasses "INPUT".

If you think a headcoach doesn't have his fair share of input on this roster your kidding yourself.

How much proof do you need? How many more 8-8 medicore seasons before you start believing that there isn't a problem?
    First off, I am not a Harbaugh fan. At all. In fact, I have gone on the record of saying multiple times that he needs to go.

Secondly, I was responding to the idea that Harbaugh OVERRIDES Ozzie. Not that he does not have ANY input.

Jesus, come on guys. Think this through a little bit.

Of course it is true the HC has input; that was and is always true, as it should be. But the buck stops with Oz.

Ozzie knows he has responsibility for whether this team wins or loses. He knows he has responsibility and blame for whether the players he acquires pan out. And he has many options, including 1) retire, 2) take another NFL job -- and he would get a ton of offers, or 3) follow the long-rumored road back to Bama. So why on EARTH would he accept being told who he needs to acquire and who he needs to get rid of?

Harbs: "I really like this Matt Elam kid."
    Oz: "The kid sucks."
    Harbs: "Tough. Draft him anyway."
    Oz: "Okay."

Does that make ANY sense to you? And if Harbs wanted to get rid of alpha males because, you know, his ego problem, please explain why in the hell he would take the alpha-est of alpha males in Steve Smith Sr.

By "local media" you mean "Mike Preston" and by "players" you mean "Bernard Pollard." There is zero credibility there. None. The fact that any of you are gullible enough to believe this bullshit is astounding.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

It also would seem like maybe Steve likes Harbs so much that hes allowing Harbs to have final say on decisions when it comes to players. And that theres no hope that he gets fired any time soon.

It also would seem like maybe Steve likes Harbs so much that hes allowing Harbs to have final say on decisions when it comes to players. And that theres no hope that he gets fired any time soon.
    They're in love

I think you are on to something which is impossible to break down or quantify. Ozzie likes and respects Harbs and said he values his input "every day of the year". I have the impression that Steve really likes Harbaugh and I would agree that H is not going to be fired any time soon. Steve said a few weeks ago in an interview that he did not see that the FO "was doing anything wrong", a statement I am sure he would stand by today.

I doubt very much Harbs has final say on decisions when it comes to players, but expect he would have considerable influence from time to time. How much is impossible to say.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)