Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Pitta - “It’s the philosophy”

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Maybe that is why it seems that Joe has "checked out". He's following orders and playing within the scheme, but he hates the scheme so you see that frustration in his play.
    could be too, given his personalty he's like eff it why should I care if they keep calling this bs, but like Solo said this is where the passion thing gets questioned, why not just take the game over on his own? They are definitely not going to bench Joe.

Been saying it for a few weeks, but might as well again. Time for Ozzie to ride off into the sunset, and time for an entirely new coaching staff. If the new HC wants to hire Kubiak as OC, great. But again, their needs to be a plan of succession if that occurs in the event his health issues come into play again. I'm still on the fence about DeCosta, but if I'm Steve B., I'm asking Eric to present me with a plan detailing what he'd continue to do, and what he'd do differently, as well as a vision for what he wants in his HC, OC, and DC going forward.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Been saying it for a few weeks, but might as well again. Time for Ozzie to ride off into the sunset, and time for an entirely new coaching staff. If the new HC wants to hire Kubiak as OC, great. But again, their needs to be a plan of succession if that occurs in the event his health issues come into play again. I'm still on the fence about DeCosta, but if I'm Steve B., I'm asking Eric to present me with a plan detailing what he'd continue to do, and what he'd do differently, as well as a vision for what he wants in his HC, OC, and DC going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's insane. Is Joe a rookie? You don't trust a QB with 10 years experience to read the damn defense? If you have that little faith in your QB then why pay him so much money? There are plenty of QBs who can make 1 read and check down. You don't need a $25 million a year player to do that. How is Ozzie not pissed by this? How is Steve not firing Harbaugh over this?
    Damn straight.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

wait til the Sword see this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    could be too, given his personalty he's like eff it why should I care if they keep calling this bs, but like Solo said this is where the passion thing gets questioned, why not just take the game over on his own? They are definitely not going to bench Joe.
    Look at it the other way. Maybe Joe is running the offense exactly how they want, knowing damn well it's going to fail, so he can actually have a modern NFL coach and coordinator combo on this team next year instead of the 1980s dinosaurs he has now. Because you are right, Joe isn't going anywhere. He's not going to be the one going if the team fails. Why would he "take charge" and save their jobs just to run this bogus ass offense again next year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's insane. Is Joe a rookie? You don't trust a QB with 10 years experience to read the damn defense? If you have that little faith in your QB then why pay him so much money? There are plenty of QBs who can make 1 read and check down. You don't need a $25 million a year player to do that. How is Ozzie not pissed by this? How is Steve not firing Harbaugh over this?
    smh hm the batman

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Joe is a "good soldier". He's not going to throw MM/Harbs under the bus in public. And who knows what he's said behind the scenes? Hopefully, he's decided to pound the table a little more and demand the offense be opened up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Look at it the other way. Maybe Joe is running the offense exactly how they want, knowing damn well it's going to fail, so he can actually have a modern NFL coach and coordinator combo on this team next year instead of the 1980s dinosaurs he has now. Because you are right, Joe isn't going anywhere. He's not going to be the one going if the team fails.
    good point Bhc

Mark my words. This is the beginning of the end for Harbs.

This is how he loses the locker room. It always starts with this.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    This. And he's too decent of a guy to publicly go after the coaches.
    Polite is one thing and not mutually exclusive to having passion to win. My buddies and I, and they are huge BB fans and recognize Larry Bird's physical limitations, but when we think of the "will to win" I think of Bird and Magic going toe to toe, or the PO game against the Hawks and Dominic Wilkens trading basket for basket.

Joe doesn't have to go public, although I think in this case it's deserved, but the schemes don't change so it appears by his play on the field that he hasn't done it privately either.

It's blatantly obvious this is what is happening. Smfh
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB