Page 1 of 47 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Pitta - “It’s the philosophy”

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-r...rip-on-offense

Pitta also stated that the offense they’re running currently is asking Joe to make one read and if it isn’t there, check it down.

Clearly, this is Harbaugh and MM developing an ultra-conservative game plan. They wanted to win with defense and only defense.

I guess it feels good to know that a lot of us on here were pretty spot on in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Pitta - “It’s the philosophy”

I just posted this in the FWO thread but it bares repeating...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-fe267483ef38

Best quote..

"“We need to go after it. We can’t sit back and just expect us to not lose football games. We’ve got to go attack,” he said. “We’re a 4-5 football team. You always look at teams in this position and say, ‘Man, they’ve got nothing to lose.’ Man, we should feel that way. We’ve got to go out there and leave it all out there.”

Sounds like Joe is tired of the dink and dunk offense.

Blog Entries

I guess most of us been right... a lot of us been right about a lot of things.

Blog Entries

I've always said we'll never know how good Flacco could have been, consistently. But a part of me says godamit Joe, step up and impose your will on these guys and show them what you can do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I've always said we'll never know how good Flacco could have been, consistently. But a part of me says godamit Joe, step up and impose your will on these guys and show them what you can do.
    you been saying it for a long time now before anybody else was saying it...this is john harbaugh's team...but this philosophy starts in the FO.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-r...rip-on-offense

Pitta also stated that the offense they’re running currently is asking Joe to make one read and if it isn’t there, check it down.

Clearly, this is Harbaugh and MM developing an ultra-conservative game plan. They wanted to win with defense and only defense.

I guess it feels good to know that a lot of us on here were pretty spot on in that regard.

Saw the article this morning and was about to start a thread myself. If what Pitta says is true, and I have no reason to doubt his word, then this is extremely damning of both Harbs and MM, IMO. This is a poorly designed and implemented offense, and that falls squarely at the feet of MM and Harbs, who gives MM his marching orders.

Harbs and the entire staff needs to go. If Steve B can't see this, then he's lost his mind. This team needs an enema.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

That seems to confirm that the lack of downfield passing, etc is not do to Joe's lack of ability or willingness but rather the fact that he is following orders and playing within the scheme and play calling set up by his coaches. And that just pisses me off. You've got one of the best gunslingers in the league and you handcuff him. No wonder we see so many ridiculous check down throws when we see another guy may be open. That guy wasn't his first read and being directed to one read and then check down, he's not even looking for other guys. No wonder Joe looks like he doesn't give a f---. I would probably feel the same way. TURN JOE LOOSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    you been saying it for a long time now before anybody else was saying it...this is john harbaugh's team...but this philosophy starts in the FO.
    And if that is true, than Ozzie and whoever else in the FO thinks this is a good way to play offensive football needs to go too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I’m in the same boat. Dude’s the franchise QB and one of the highest paid players in the league. He’s here for another couple of years. If I were in his shoes, I would have straight up told Harbaugh “I’m not running this offense anymore. If this is what you want to do, cut me or trade me because you don’t need me to hand off the ball 35 times a game or throw 3 yard passes 50 times a game.”

What’s Harbaugh going to do then? Suspend Joe? Bench him? Un-fucking-likely.

Joe called their bluff during the 2012 season. He should have really sacked up and done the same this season. Probably last season too.

This is exactly why fans and pundits question Joe’s passion for the game and his leadership. He knows it’s fucked up, but he’s not doing a lot about it. Would Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, or Brees sit back and run some bogus offense? My guess is probably not. Especially if they knew there were better ways to run the offense.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    If this is the case, Cerrato is right. Coaches don't trust Joe because he ain't football smart. Pitta also said he's more hip than Bo Jackson.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    Once again, you post nonsense. Kubiak trusted Joe just fine, and we what he did with competent offensive coaching.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I guess most of us been right... a lot of us been right about a lot of things.
    This just pisses me off even more. Smfh get Harbaugh the fuck outta here!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    And if that is true, than Ozzie and whoever else in the FO thinks this is a good way to play offensive football needs to go too.
    It is what it is E, we all knew this for a long time, there's 7 games left in the season and if they are serious about doing anything because this schedule is so favorable right now with other teams being even more hurt than the Ravens, if we can't take advantage of that then it's a wrap.