Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Team Construction

We were sold a bill of goods that an elite defense was being built. That we didn't need to address the offense because the defense would carry the team.

The defense is good. They are not elite.

Elite defenses can carry a team. Ours cannot.

This is an issue, because we sacrificed a balanced team for a supposed elite defense.

When you complain that the offense can't sustain drives....remember...Even before injuries, our plan on offense was 4th and 5th Rd OLmen. That's. It.

After a 2016 offense that was very very bad, the only planned improvement was 4th and 5th Rd OL?

Gee why do you think the defense is on the field too long?

Maybe because you completely disregarded 1/3 of the team?

This team was poorly constructed, on a faulty premise.

Will there be accountability???

Re: Team Construction

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    We were sold a bill of goods that an elite defense was being built. That we didn't need to address the offense because the defense would carry the team.

This is an issue, because we sacrificed a balanced team for a supposed elite defense.

When you complain that the offense can't sustain drives....remember...Even before injuries, our plan on offense was 4th and 5th Rd OLmen. That's. It.

After a 2016 offense that was very very bad, the only planned improvement was 4th and 5th Rd OL?

You're right. They put all their eggs in the defensive basket and fucked up. The bend but don't break bullshit is killing us too.

As far as accountability, I think SB gives one more year to try to stack up offense and give harbs one more go. So unfortunately we probably have to deal with this another season. Most of your points are spot on though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

I doubt Ozzie is gone until he retires. Not sure how they expected an elite defense when the current play caller though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I doubt Ozzie is gone until he retires. Not sure how they expected an elite defense when the current play caller though.

Exactly, we don't punch back on defense as much as we should, Play calling wise. The effort and talent are there.

Blog Entries

Listening to the radio this morning they said after the game zero accountability zero passion. They said it sounded like the players pretty much mailed it in per their attitude.. that what happens when you have a bunch of passive aggressive players on your team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    You're right. They put all their eggs in the defensive basket and fucked up. The bend but don't break bullshit is killing us too.

As far as accountability, I think SB gives one more year to try to stack up offense and give harbs one more go. So unfortunately we probably have to deal with this another season. Most of your points are spot on though.

I can't see any way Pees is back tho. Well I guess I see a way but you k ow what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Harbaugh and Ozzie will be back because Biciotti can't see the forest from the trees. I'm surprised the owner doesn't get more heat around here. We all see the direction this team has taken in the last few years. Lousy coaching, passion-less game players, poor drafting, frustrating and boring product on the field. And yet the owner comes out a month ago and says John and Ozzie are doing everything right. Huh?

Where's the accountability?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I can't see any way Pees is back tho. Well I guess I see a way but you k ow what I mean

We've always agreed on that. Pees is old and washed man. Jsmoove is always talking about how we always get popped in cover 2. First play of the game we get popped for 30 yards in cover 2. I just feel like this defense has 0 fun out there and it's because they aren't making plays. Why aren't they making plays? Because pees won't attack and would rather sit back and get punched in the mouth until we are in the red zone.

Blog Entries

Accountability wise I think it's going to depend on who was pushing for this. When they sit in that room down in Florida and come up with their plan moving forward, who was pushing the "we need more defense" idea. Was it Ozzie? Harbaugh? Was it Bisciotti in a moment of frustration after how last season ended? I doubt the last one. Without knowing that I don't know who is falling on that sword, but someone is.

The only two guys on our team that play like they give a shit are Maclin and Collins.

Honestly it's quite embarrassing.

Given the defense doesn't really have any major injuries, Pees doesn't have the injuryies excuse. If Harbs is retained I can't possible see Pees being back, but then again I've said that before.

Either way I jsut fucking want new coaching.

I think they give Oz a shot with a new HC if they go that route.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

They said guys were joking around in the locker room like it was nothing, Suggs was defending a call that his coach and Weddle didn’t defend, they said guys weren’t even upset. Marty M was trying to talk to the offensive guys and they were basically brushing him off..They said this is the first time they ever really seen the locker room like this after the game like guys have checked out completely just not before the bye. This is bad it sounds like Harbs can’t keep his players attentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    They said guys were joking around in the locker room like it was nothing, Suggs was defending a call that his coach and Weddle didn’t defend, they said guys weren’t even upset. Marty M was trying to talk to the offensive guys and they were basically brushing him off..They said this is the first time they ever really seen the locker room like this after the game like guys have checked out completely just not before the bye. This is bad it sounds like Harbs can’t keep his players attentions.

Crazy