Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Elite pass rusher is still needed

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I was just more or less making they the point they need to invest on offense. But yea, Jensen seems to have played well.
    Has he played 10 mill per well tho? I'm curious to see what he's asking for. 10 per seems to be top 5 center money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Has he (Jensen) played 10 mill per well tho? I'm curious to see what he's asking for. 10 per seems to be top 5 center money
    If the Ravens were to give Jensen a $10 mil. per year contract, and had let KO and Wagner go in two previous years, I would not be a happy camper. How about Ozzie trying to sign him now (not that I know he isn't trying) to a somewhat lower deal? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sorry but Seattles OL was not solid or anything close to it. They had a good LT and a C... the rest of those guys they had were James Hurst esque
    By Solid I mean average. I'd strongly disagree they had James Hurst talent at 3/5 of the positions. They have dropped off significantly recently which gives people a recency bias towards their oline in general. Lynch was a monster in Seattle, but to say he did it entirely on his own with a below average line would be a huge stretch, and Lynch is probably my favorite player in the NFL
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    By Solid I mean average. I'd strongly disagree they had James Hurst talent at 3/5 of the positions. They have dropped off significantly recently which gives people a recency bias towards their oline in general. Lynch was a monster in Seattle, but to say he did it entirely on his own with a below average line would be a huge stretch, and Lynch is probably my favorite player in the NFL
    "
    After averaging over 161 yards per game on the ground in 2012, the Seahawks averaged fewer than 137 per game in 2013. Wilson — constantly harassed throughout the season — was sacked 44 times, tied for third-worst in the NFL despite his sometimes uncanny ability to escape pressure."

- From a Seattle blog

C is assuming we don't re sign Jensen?
    If Jensen walks, I walk gd!!!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

"
    After averaging over 161 yards per game on the ground in 2012, the Seahawks averaged fewer than 137 per game in 2013. Wilson — constantly harassed throughout the season — was sacked 44 times, tied for third-worst in the NFL despite his sometimes uncanny ability to escape pressure."

- From a Seattle blog
    Ok but Lynch rushing yards per season
    2011 - 1204
    2012- 1509
    2013 - 1257
    2014 - 1306
    2015 - 417

Im not saying they were a great line. Im saying that they were average - solid. When there entire team was built around running and playing defense, they did what they were supposed to do
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Ok but Lynch rushing yards per season
    2011 - 1204
    2012- 1509
    2013 - 1257
    2014 - 1306
    2015 - 417

Im not saying they were a great line. Im saying that they were average - solid. When there entire team was built around running and playing defense, they did what they were supposed to do
    Good run blocking shaky in pass protection... sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I don't give a shit how the board falls in 2018, the first pick better have WR, G, OT, C, RB, TE or QB next to his name. We don't need a pass rusher with Z Smith, Bowser, Judon and Tim Williams on the team. We need the offense to get first downs and score.

Good run blocking shaky in pass protection... sounds familiar
    I cant argue with that. I will add that

2012 they were 9th in PPG ( we were 10th
    2013 they were 9th in PPG (we were 25th)
    2014 they were 10th in ppg ( We were 8th)
    2015 they were 5th in ppg (We were 25th)

They've sustained basically a top 10 offense every year, while we fell into the dumps, picked up Kubiak, then went back in the dumps again.

While we all want an elite defense, even Seattle knows you have to field an offense unlike the ravens who think they can win with the #1 defense and 32 offense
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

I cant argue with that. I will add that

2012 they were 9th in PPG ( we were 10th
    2013 they were 9th in PPG (we were 25th)
    2014 they were 10th in ppg ( We were 8th)
    2015 they were 5th in ppg (We were 25th)

They've sustained basically a top 10 offense every year, while we fell into the dumps, picked up Kubiak, then went back in the dumps again.

While we all want an elite defense, even Seattle knows you have to field an offense unlike the ravens who think they can win with the #1 defense and 32 offense
    Damn next years draft going to be de first safety 2nd MLB 4th. Some clone of 11 in the third

The offense is basically an old beat up Pinto and here we are advocating we need to add a new engine to our perfectly fine Lambo that's driven to and from the grocery store by Grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Has he played 10 mill per well tho? I'm curious to see what he's asking for. 10 per seems to be top 5 center money

There is no way I would pay Jensen $10M per. He has played well in one half of a season for his career. Let another team make that mistake if they want to break the bank.