Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Elite pass rusher is still needed

Sorry offense bros... but I would not rule out drafting an elite type pass rusher in the 1st rd in 2018.

Ive been a long time fan of Suggs and think he doesn't get enough credit for what he does here. Lots of posters I've seen are down on him because he hasn't taken ovee this team the way Ray did. Suggs was never going to be that guy. He is still a good player though and still has a good shot at the HOF. But he is what he is at his age... a very good edge setter and a decent pass rusher. He isn't a pass rusher that can take over games week in week out like he used to.

I like Judon, Bowser and Williams... but I don't know if any of those guys will become a Von Miller or a Khalil mack which is what this defense needs. Williams I see being a very good paas rusher, but not someone who you can play on every downs. I see Judon and Bowser as complimentary pieces opposite a great pass rusher.

The defense is now finally set in the secondary after four years of trying to build it up with lots of set backs along the way. I think the run defense is fine, I just think Pees was to blame for teams running on us earliee on this season. Now we need that pass rusher who can terrify the edges.

I would rather go offense in rd 1... i really like Quenton Nelson and think the OL needs to be revamped somewhat. But he is not guaranteed to be on the clock when we're picking. But the WRs in this class don't look strong... and most of the TEs seem tk bw rd 2 type prospects. So id rather take a pass rusher in rd 1 over drafting a lesser prospect for the sake of trying to improve an offense to appease the masses.

Re: Elite pass rusher is still needed

We absolutely aren't set in the secondary. Weddle is a high cut candidate as is webb. We need a safety as well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    We absolutely aren't set in the secondary. Weddle is a high cut candidate as is webb. We need a safety as well
    Canaday

Blog Entries

I don't think your going to get an elite pass rusher picking where we will be picking. Next year will be time to see what you have with one of the 5 pass rushers previously drafted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I don't think your going to get an elite pass rusher picking where we will be picking. Next year will be time to see what you have with one of the 5 pass rushers previously drafted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You might get one but you’d have to be lucky. We’re probably looking at picking in the mid teens. It will be similar to last year in the type of prospects available

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Canaday
    Lol whats he shown that makes him a starting safety candidate?

While I agree that we could use more pass rush, I'm not sure that our pass rushing problems are in the top five problems the team has. Maybe not even the top ten.

Blog Entries

Every team needs a khalil Mack, Von Miller, or Myles Garret. Theyre not that common, so unfortunately thats not realistic. You have to be a perennial loser and take multiple before hitting on that elite prospect, or get lucky as fuck that theres one available the year your team shits the bed. Neither of these scenarios are how this team typically works. were almost always competitive enough to not get a blue chip prospect. I think there was a 100% chance we took an elite pass rusher, if one was available over Stanley when we had a down year. Edge rusher>CB>LT is my guess of their board. i wasnt high on Bosa, but I bet he would have been the pick if he Ramsey and Stanley were all there. I thinik there was a considerable drop off after Bosa and Ramsey in their opinion, which is why they wanted to trade up. Not that Stanley wasnt good, but those other 2 fit more pressing needs at that time and signal rarer prospects to find/replace.

were more looking at being able to get a shane ray type of pass rusher. somebody that falls a little or just isnt quite that elite prospect. Still could be an upgrade, but I think were capable of finding those guys anywhere in the draft. Judon imo, is playing on a similar level as Ray, if not better. middle of the first vs 5th rounder. you got guys like Williams and Houston that fall for off field issues and were clearly willing to take gambles on those types when available. Again, kind of rare. Theres a reason elite pass rushers are such a premium, you cant just go get one.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

personally I think we can get by with our pass rushers because of the secondary we have. Id like another to add to the mix, but Id say an elite WR is more needed than an Elite pass rusher. It would be nice to have both, but one is something we havent had for 3-4 years now, the other is something weve never had.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Question Re: Elite pass rusher is still needed

Urban or Kaufusi? (Bc ducks)

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I see Webb sticking around to mentor a new free safety and take care of the position until the rookie is ready. I think you're spot on with Weddle. He is playing alongside his replacement right now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

This doesn't appear to be a draft full of top edge rushing prospects. No Bosas or Garretts this year. Arden Key is good but not nearly as good as those guys.