Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Bills bench Tyrod

Not necessarily Ravens related, but pretty puzzling:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...erman-to-start

In a surprise decision Wednesday, the Buffalo Bills benched Tyrod Taylor in favor of a rookie quarterback.

Bills coach Sean McDermott told reporters that Nathan Peterman will start against the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday.

"This is about becoming a better team. Tyrod has made improvements," McDermott explained to reporters. "This is not an indictment on Tyrod. He is an important part of our team and will continue to be an important part of our team.

He had a bad week last week, but man that seems real knee jerk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: Bills bench Tyrod

damn T-mobile.

Tyrod stats:

1,684 yards 10TD 3Int.. 91.4 passer rating

Flacco stats:

1,551 yards 8 TDs 10 int.. 72.7 passer rating

Enough said.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at Bills fans' reaction and they're with it. A lot of them are wondering why outsiders are really surprised.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Looking at Bills fans' reaction and they're with it. A lot of them are wondering why outsiders are really surprised.
    Because outsiders don't want to accept that stats don't tell the whole story or come close to it.

Tom Brady could throw 2 TDs in a season and Brees could throw thirty, but the Patriots could still have a better PPG, because Tom is doing a better job of helping his team move the ball down the field. Whereas, the Patriots are just punching it in from the one far more often. Yet, the narrative would be that Brees is having the far better season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Probably because there are QBs across the league who are doing wayyyyy worse and still have their jobs COUGH COUGH.

Could be a stats thing. But they're playing well this year and you don't revert to a rookie if you don't have to.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Could be a stats thing. But they're playing well this year and you don't revert to a rookie if you don't have to.
    They are right in the thick of things. That's why it's puzzling to me.

A lot of Bills fans are down on Tyrod, and this wasn't helped by their blowout loss last Sunday.

One theory I've seen floated is that the current Buffalo brain trust isn't all that high on Tyrod and never was (he was acquired during Rex's tenure) and that they're likely to part ways with him after the season. Therefore, they want to see what they have in Peterman to decide whether QB will be a high off season priority.

The only thing wrong with that theory is that the Bills sit at 5-4 and are currently in contention for a post season spot. Benching an established starter in Tyrod therefore seems risky. If Peterman can't get the job done and Buffalo continues to lose, Sean McDermott isn't going to look good.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 11-15-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah, at 5 - 4 they're still well into the playoff hunt. Normally you wouldn't bench your vet QB for a rookie unless you're forced into it :

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...an-quarterback

... Bc

Blog Entries

Maybe they'll part ways with Tyrod after this season.

I'd re-sign him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Cue the "TRADE JOE FOR TYROD" thread(s)...