Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Wide Receiver Quincy Adeboyejo Could Get a Shot When Healthy

He should get a shot over Perriman at this point. Whats the worst that could happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Wow. This tells me that the team has probably given up on Perriman and there is something they seriously dislike that they aren't speaking out about. I'm gonna guess a lack of work ethic, or motivation.
    Or maybe the fact that he can't catch.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Or maybe the fact that he can't catch.

Joe has shown multiple times that if you can't catch and/or you cause interceptions, he will stop throwing you the ball whether you are open or not.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    Joe has shown multiple times that if you can't catch and/or you cause interceptions, he will stop throwing you the ball whether you are open or not.
    Yep the Ed Dickson treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I got a flu shot when healthy, is that what the OP means? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Yep the Ed Dickson treatment.

You just can't keep throwing to a guy that not only is likely to drop it but also when dropping seems to kick the ball into the air to be intercepted. 11 is a walking tip drill

Guys, I come here to learn about the finer details of NFL football. And I learn a lot. I ask a lot of questions. I look forward to your input on this question:

OK, Oz's recent performance is questionable.
    Our scouts' performance on WRs is highly questionable.

But how about our WR coach? It seems to me that we draft poor WR prospects, but THEY DON'T GET ANY BETTER. Do we also need a new WR coach?
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Guys, I come here to learn about the finer details of NFL football. And I learn a lot. I ask a lot of questions. I look forward to your input on this question:

But how about our WR coach? It seems to me that we draft poor WR prospects, but THEY DON'T GET ANY BETTER. Do we also need a new WR coach?
    Questionable is pretty generous when accessing our scout's performance on wide receivers.

My lasting memory of this guy was a pass a little behind him, and allowing a DB to rip the ball out of his hands for an INT in the Miami game I think.

He'll fit right in.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post

I mean it's been that way for 20 years, through at least 5 or 6 WR coaches...I don't think the issue is the coaches at this point.

WR drafting has been an achilles heel of Ozzie and his guys for 21 years at this point. Through all types of coaches, offensive systems, and QB's. He just is very piss poor at identifying quality WR prospects in the draft.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I mean it's been that way for 20 years, through at least 5 or 6 WR coaches...I don't think the issue is the coaches at this point.

WR drafting has been an achilles heel of Ozzie and his guys for 21 years at this point. Through all types of coaches, offensive systems, and QB's. He just is very piss poor at identifying quality WR prospects in the draft.
    It’s shocking that Ozzie is so bad finding pass catchers when he was a pass catcher himself when he was playing. How can he suck so badly at finding pass catchers? It’s comical at this point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    It’s shocking that Ozzie is so bad finding pass catchers when he was a pass catcher himself when he was playing. How can he suck so badly at finding pass catchers? It’s comical at this point.

I've wondered that myself