Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Kool-Aid time is over...

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    2012-2017 they went 3 times. If they can bring in pitching they can make a run this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't do this to yourself they won't be bringing pitching in

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

I️ guess going off recent history there’s more hope than the Ravens give, huh?

Blog Entries

I️ guess going off recent history there’s more hope than the Ravens give, huh?

Both are seriously flawed teams. Build in seriously flawed ways.

Honestly if you think about it as a fan and not a homer.

Lets say this team finishes 9-7 ( I seriously think there is about a 2% chance this team is capable of that) but for fun where is the silver lining in this team right now finishing with a winning record?
    -We will be stuck with the same coaching staff (most likely Harbaugh gets new contract and we are stuck with him for many years to come)
    -We will be stuck with the same front office
    -Majority of the same players will be retained
    -Wont pick high in the draft so chance of landing top skill position gets slimmer

If the team finishes 8-8 ( I think all of the above still applies) Nothing will be changed.

If the team finishes with a less than .500 record there is some silver lining. As painful as that is to say as a Ravens fan, losing can fix some of the problems as much as we all hate to admit it.

-Harbaugh and staff is not retained.
    -New hires to front office / evaluating process
    -Roster purge of non productive older players
    -Cap space by salary dumps
    -Picking higher in the draft.

When you really let the truth set in and stop being a homer we could have some positive things to look forward to next year if things get blown up.
    But I think its more of about a 70-30% chance nothing changes and next season will mirror this dreadful one

2012-2017 they went 3 times. If they can bring in pitching they can make a run this year.

They could have been much more competitive if they spent money and made moves for pitching for the past 4 years. Ownership doesnt care, they arent trying to win. Ownership just wants to sell tickets.

The only chance we have of being contenders is if they realign MLB
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    They could have been much more competitive if they spent money and made moves for pitching for the past 4 years. Ownership doesnt care, they arent trying to win. Ownership just wants to sell tickets.

The only chance we have of being contenders is if they realign MLB
    All owners want to sell tickets.
    The problem isn’t spending money it’s spending it in the right place on the right piece.

And your comment about only being contenders if the MLB is 100%. They just contended 4 of the last 5 years and made the playoffs 3 of them.

Both are seriously flawed teams. Build in seriously flawed ways.

Ok but as I️ said they have given more hope in recent years than the Ravens.
    The Orioles are closer then people think. It’s a matter of plugging in the right pieces.

Blog Entries

All owners want to sell tickets.
    The problem isn’t spending money it’s spending it in the right place on the right piece.

And your comment about only being contenders if the MLB is 100%. They just contended 4 of the last 5 years and made the playoffs 3 of them.

They need a few more contact hitters to go along with a starter or two

Ok but as I️ said they have given more hope in recent years than the Ravens.
    The Orioles are closer then people think. It’s a matter of plugging in the right pieces.

Disagree. I think they have the potential to be relevant for like the next 1-2 years, but beyond that, I don't see it.

1. They're not going to spend the money to get a front line starter. Bundy MIGHT be that guy, but he has the look of more of a #2 guy to me compared to what most "contending" teams are sending out there. Their starting pitching depth is really bad behind Bundy and Gausmann (who I don't think is that good), and while that doesn't necessarily matter in the postseason, it certainly matters in the regular season, where you can't just depend on your bullpen to pitch 4-5 innings every night.

2. I like Machado, I like Schoop, and I (kind of) like Mancini. Other than that, I don't see the quality young hitters on this roster. Those two guys are pretty good, but as everyone saw in the postseason, every single competitive team in this league has at least 3-4 guys just like that on their roster.

The longer we bank on Davis or Jones to be major players in our offense, the worse we will be. Both are decent players, but they shouldn't be among the better hitters on your team.

3. The farm system. Its very "meh". Its not completely bare, but its not very strong either. Most of your quality prospects are pitchers, who are typically quite a bit riskier and seem to flame out more frequently, which means we don't have very much by way of position players. While this lineup isn't bad, they're quite inconsistent, and frankly, they're not going to be on the level of a Yankees or Red Sox lineup anytime soon based on what I see.

They need a few more contact hitters to go along with a starter or two

I️ do agree they need more balance in their LU and it’s hard to win it all with a all or nothing team. Problem with the LU is you have many of the same hitters.
    Hopefully Beckham at the top can provide the speed and OBP needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Honestly if you think about it as a fan and not a homer.

Lets say this team finishes 9-7 ( I seriously think there is about a 2% chance this team is capable of that) but for fun where is the silver lining in this team right now finishing with a winning record?
    -We will be stuck with the same coaching staff (most likely Harbaugh gets new contract and we are stuck with him for many years to come)
    -We will be stuck with the same front office
    -Majority of the same players will be retained
    -Wont pick high in the draft so chance of landing top skill position gets slimmer

If the team finishes 8-8 ( I think all of the above still applies) Nothing will be changed.

If the team finishes with a less than .500 record there is some silver lining. As painful as that is to say as a Ravens fan, losing can fix some of the problems as much as we all hate to admit it.

-Harbaugh and staff is not retained.
    -New hires to front office / evaluating process
    -Roster purge of non productive older players
    -Cap space by salary dumps
    -Picking higher in the draft.

When you really let the truth set in and stop being a homer we could have some positive things to look forward to next year if things get blown up.
    But I think its more of about a 70-30% chance nothing changes and next season will mirror this dreadful one
    If the Ravens go 6-1 or 5-2 over this last part of the season to make the playoffs, it would be one of the better stretches in Harbaugh's tenure. Even against average competition, that's a solid record, and indicative that the team really has turned a corner. If they can do that, I sincerely believe Harbs and his coordinators should stay. I don't think that is going to happen. The Ravens are likely going to finish 8-8 or below. We'll see how Bisciotti reacts to another year missing the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Disagree. I think they have the potential to be relevant for like the next 1-2 years, but beyond that, I don't see it.

1. They're not going to spend the money to get a front line starter. Bundy MIGHT be that guy, but he has the look of more of a #2 guy to me compared to what most "contending" teams are sending out there. Their starting pitching depth is really bad behind Bundy and Gausmann (who I don't think is that good), and while that doesn't necessarily matter in the postseason, it certainly matters in the regular season, where you can't just depend on your bullpen to pitch 4-5 innings every night.

2. I like Machado, I like Schoop, and I (kind of) like Mancini. Other than that, I don't see the quality young hitters on this roster. Those two guys are pretty good, but as everyone saw in the postseason, every single competitive team in this league has at least 3-4 guys just like that on their roster.

The longer we bank on Davis or Jones to be major players in our offense, the worse we will be. Both are decent players, but they shouldn't be among the better hitters on your team.

3. The farm system. Its very "meh". Its not completely bare, but its not very strong either. Most of your quality prospects are pitchers, who are typically quite a bit riskier and seem to flame out more frequently, which means we don't have very much by way of position players. While this lineup isn't bad, they're quite inconsistent, and frankly, they're not going to be on the level of a Yankees or Red Sox lineup anytime soon based on what I see.

1. Bundy has the stuff and poise to be an “ace”. He showed signs this past year but IMO this is the year for him to take the next step. Gausman is a #4. He’s so inconsistent but when he’s on he’s very good.

2. They need to sign Machado and if they can’t it’s time to get the best possible package for him.
    Schoop is another one id consider signing now too. He’s only gonna get more expensive.
    Davis is over paid and isn’t worth that contract he was given. That falls on ownership and being a Damn fool.
    Jones is still productive and what you see is what you get out of Jones. .275/25/70-90 RBIs. Although I️ think it’s time to look at him in RF.

3. The rankings for the system has come up. But the Orioles have a horrible GM that has given away talent for next to nothing.
    Arietta
    Davies
    Hader
    Bridwell
    And E-Rod

I️ can’t express how much I️ can’t stand Duqutte.