Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 104
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah I disagree. Jaylen Hill looked solid on the outside to provide depth. Canady and Young in the slot. Humphrey and Smith as the starters.

    There's too much money in the defense as it is. It is defintiely a good contract for a starting corner, but they're just paying too much right now and at some point you have to go with the yougner guys, like they should have done by letting Judon be the starter and nto drafting Bowser.

    That pick could ahve been JJSS or someone else.

    It's over investment into the defense to a point where our rookies, who have actually looked solid, aren't playing because there's other players also playing well.
    JuJu over Bowser immediately improves the offense and best of all gets that bag Perriman off the field


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  2. #14

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah I disagree. Jaylen Hill looked solid on the outside to provide depth. Canady and Young in the slot. Humphrey and Smith as the starters.

    There's too much money in the defense as it is. It is defintiely a good contract for a starting corner, but they're just paying too much right now and at some point you have to go with the yougner guys, like they should have done by letting Judon be the starter and nto drafting Bowser.

    That pick could ahve been JJSS or someone else.

    It's over investment into the defense to a point where our rookies, who have actually looked solid, aren't playing because there's other players also playing well.
    1. We're not in a position where we have to go with the younger guys... that's the position you're in when either the older guys aren't getting it done OR you can't afford the older guys. Neither of those situations applies to 2018.

    2. You draft a Bowser (who's not playing well) because next year the guy who's playing opposite Judon (Suggs) may not be here. His time is coming to an end, one way or another. He has 1 year left on his contract, and there's virtually no scenario where he's on this team in 2019. We bitched about the pass rush, and then we bitch when we get it and it doesn't work out in the first year.

    Bowser hasn't looked solid in quite some time. He's not playing much because he's been a joke as a run stopper (which you can't play linebacker in this league and not do) and looks overmatched in certain situations.





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    32,161
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    speaking of Boswer another young player who is sitting more than playing don't you guys see what's going on here? we have a problem developing our young players!
    You said it! Last year was the joke/disappointment of Correa, and now Bowser may (hopefully not) be travelling a similar path... Bc





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    30,763

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    1. We're not in a position where we have to go with the younger guys... that's the position you're in when either the older guys aren't getting it done OR you can't afford the older guys. Neither of those situations applies to 2018.

    2. You draft a Bowser (who's not playing well) because next year the guy who's playing opposite Judon (Suggs) may not be here. His time is coming to an end, one way or another. He has 1 year left on his contract, and there's virtually no scenario where he's on this team in 2019. We bitched about the pass rush, and then we bitch when we get it and it doesn't work out in the first year.

    Bowser hasn't looked solid in quite some time. He's not playing much because he's been a joke as a run stopper (which you can't play linebacker in this league and not do) and looks overmatched in certain situations.
    1. I'm saying we drafted guys when we had starters in those positions (Judon and Carr - Bowser and Humphrey). We then have a position battle on defense while we have shit on offense.

    2. Bowser had one bad game against the Jags. He then didn't play and Judon took over. Bowser was the player of the game against the Bengals the week before. You can't rerally judge a player and say they're not playing good when they log 5 snaps. It was a knee jerk to bench him so quickly after 1 bad game. That's not how you manage rookies, talk about taking confidence away.

    3. We bitch about the pass rush and we added Tim Willaims, great. We did not need to add two pass rushers in the first 3 rounds at the expense of nto drafting a single offensive player. You're missing my point.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    30,763

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    It's annoying that Judon looks so good and we drafted Bowser. I'm all for forward thinking and planning for Suggs to retire, but it's nice to see we forward plan so much on defense and do ltierally no forward planning on offense. That is my point.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  6. #18

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    A first rounder should be starting there should be no bringing him along.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I cant complain about Humphrey. Hes going to be solid.

    But who are these Wormley, and Bowser kids we drafted?
    Burn it down





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    3,649

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Ok, so what about the offensive rookie class? lol
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis





  8. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    56,677
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    First, Humphrey has played a lot and he's made some nice plays considering he's TWENTY years old and a rookie. ;) The future looks bright as hell for Humph.

    Bowser has made some decent plays here and there, but he's sitting behind Suggs, Za, and Judon. Same with Tim Williams. Personally, I think Bowser should have been able to compete for the WILL linebacker spot beside CJ. I think Bowser could have contributed there and been a better "switch" candidate than Correa.

    And while Eluemunor hasn't been great, he's seen a lot of snaps at OG this year. That's a good thing.

    Can't dismiss Chuck Clark either - he's been a good ST's guy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  9. #21

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The problem is that Humphrey and Bowser aren't playing a lot because the top of the depth chart is playign so well. Matt Judon has been a stud and is playing the SAM. Smith and Carr have been pretty solid.

    This speaks more to the draft investment when we didn't have a need at all at those positions.

    Humphrey has looked great when he is on the field, especialyl as a rookie. Bowser had one bad game against the Jags, but since then Judon has played extremely well.

    Wormley is a joke.

    Tim Williams has been hurt.

    I'm not going to critcize Bowser and Humphrey too much. I'm going to critcize Ozzie a lot for drafting guys when you alreayd had starters at those positions.
    This is the problem I had with the draft.
    I was cool with the Humphrey pick and think up to this point he's been solid and really don't have a problem with how they're bringing him along.
    If Jimmy Smith had been missing time this year as he has the past couple years nobody would be saying a peep about the Humphrey pick because he'd be out there starting in his place.
    The entire draft was essentially to protect them from what happened in 2016 with the injuries.
    Problem is that we already had some decent depth and other guys that could now play significant roles if not be starters.

    The other problem is that what happened to the defense in 2016 has/is happening to the offense this year and the borderline depth we had are the starters and we didn't do shit to fortify the depth on that side of the ball.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!





  10. #22

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    1. I'm saying we drafted guys when we had starters in those positions (Judon and Carr - Bowser and Humphrey). We then have a position battle on defense while we have shit on offense.

    2. Bowser had one bad game against the Jags. He then didn't play and Judon took over. Bowser was the player of the game against the Bengals the week before. You can't rerally judge a player and say they're not playing good when they log 5 snaps. It was a knee jerk to bench him so quickly after 1 bad game. That's not how you manage rookies, talk about taking confidence away.

    3. We bitch about the pass rush and we added Tim Willaims, great. We did not need to add two pass rushers in the first 3 rounds at the expense of nto drafting a single offensive player. You're missing my point.
    1. Yes, we draft guys every year when we already have starters... its called depth that hopefully turns into future starters. Again, you're discounting the fact that its incredibly surprising that Jimmy has even made it this far into the season without missing significant time, and the fact that Brandon Carr was basically just an average corner in this league who is probably having the best season of his career. You're using revisionist history and applying it to something that you couldn't have known would happen. It literally achieves nothing.

    2. We didn't "need" to do a lot of things. We didn't need to resign Terrance West. We didnt need to use a 4th rounder on a Guard who then misses the entire season.

    But we rarely do anything in the draft based on need, and that's not new. When you start doing that, you quickly realize that the player you drafted to fit the "need" doesn't actually fit the "need", because maybe he's not any good. And now you've got the same need again.

    That's why what we did at Corner was so brilliant. We got tired of spending close to a decade getting shit on at Corner, and so we've removed the "need" from that position for likely several years.





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    30,763

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    1. Yes, we draft guys every year when we already have starters... its called depth that hopefully turns into future starters. Again, you're discounting the fact that its incredibly surprising that Jimmy has even made it this far into the season without missing significant time, and the fact that Brandon Carr was basically just an average corner in this league who is probably having the best season of his career. You're using revisionist history and applying it to something that you couldn't have known would happen. It literally achieves nothing.

    2. We didn't "need" to do a lot of things. We didn't need to resign Terrance West. We didnt need to use a 4th rounder on a Guard who then misses the entire season.

    But we rarely do anything in the draft based on need, and that's not new. When you start doing that, you quickly realize that the player you drafted to fit the "need" doesn't actually fit the "need", because maybe he's not any good. And now you've got the same need again.

    That's why what we did at Corner was so brilliant. We got tired of spending close to a decade getting shit on at Corner, and so we've removed the "need" from that position for likely several years.
    1. And, as I said, you don't draft for depth when you don't have starters on the other side of the ball. That's a joke of an approach. Oh great we have dpeth on D, but don't even have a fucking starter on O!

    2. We needed to draft playmakers. Period.

    3. AGAIN, I'm so glad we invested into the defense so that they could be shielded from injury. But when the O has some injuries we go to absolute shit.
    Its not whether you get knocked down; its whether you get up.
    Vince Lombardi

    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

    Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR





  12. #24

    Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Ok, so what about the offensive rookie class? lol
    Forget the rookie class. Look at the offensive players on rookie deals.

    2014:
    3rd round TE Crockett Gillmore... how's he doing?
    4th round RB Lorenzo Taliaerro... how's he doing?
    5th round Guard John Urschel... retired
    6th round QB Keith Wenning... who?
    7th round WR Michael Campanaro... how's he doing?

    2015:
    1st round WR Breshard Perriman... how's he doing?
    2nd round TE Maxx Williams... how's he doing?
    4th round RB Buck Allen... fine, I guess
    5th round TE Nick Boyle... fine, when he plays
    5th round Guard Robert Myers... who?
    6th round TE Darren Waller... how's he doing?

    2016:
    1st round LT Ronnie Stanley... a good player, obviously
    4th round WR Chris Moore... how's he doing?
    4th round RB Kenneth Dixon... how's he doing?
    6th round WR Keenan Reynolds... how's he doing?

    By my count, I see 9 offensive players drafted in the first 4 rounds in the last four years. That's out of 25 picks, which I agree is disproportionate. But I'm also wondering... how many of those 9 guys are actually relevant on this team right now?

    I see TWO... a first round LT, and a 4th round RB who was probably closer to roster bubble than relevant coming into the season, and isn't even the best RB on the team.

    I see two TEs who have given us very little, I see two WRs who have given us less than nothing, I see two RBs who have given us very little, and a lineman who's on IR.

    The investment may not be sufficient, but neither is the players themselves.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site