Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Church Shooting

Blog Entries

Re: Church Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Facebook, Twitter, and other social media have ruined our culture. It’s absolutely true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So true. I sometimes wonder how we even became a country. These days you can't get people to agree on what color the sky is. The pot stirring is working and we need to see it for what it is.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    So true. I sometimes wonder how we even became a country. These days you can't get people to agree on what color the sky is. The pot stirring is working and we need to see it for what it is.
    It was more about community back then. You didn't have to debate some knucklehead that lives in California if you lived in rural Pennsylvania over how things "should" be accomplished in PA.

Globalism is awesome in some aspects, but it really has ruined a lot of culture - not just in the US either.

It also has escalated crimes of passion, IMO. Example: If you are at a gathering with a bunch of people and you start running your yap and being an asshole...odds are you may get some comeuppance quickly and you'll not act like that again in that group. What kind of accountability is there on the internet? You can run your mouth, puff your chest out, and be a huge dickhead all you like on the internet. What's going to happen? Your account gets banned? Create a new one and a few hours later you're back at it again.

And we're all guilty of it. A personal anecdote as an example of how social media has directly ruined community - A guy I considered to be a very close friend recently "unfriended" me on Facebook and basically erased any contact I had with him...because he thinks I voted for Trump (I didn't. I voted for Hulk Hogan even though no one believes me on that...but I digress). So, this guy...someone that I grew up with...someone that I played little league baseball with his cousins and for his uncle...someone that was my best man at my wedding...someone that I really thought was a great guy...decided he no longer wants to be my friend because he thinks (doesn't even know for sure) I voted one way and have differing political views than him.

Where am I going with this...?

Facebook, Twitter, and other social media allowed him to be a spineless piece of shit and rather than telling me to my face that he didn't agree with my political beliefs (to which he is probably wrong in several ways), he decided to be a bitch.

And it kind of pissed me off. I've known this guy for half of my life. I was so mad at one point that I felt like calling him and cussing him out and telling him how much of a bitch he is.

So, my point is, I can totally get how some people can get THAT heated online and take shit too far in real life. It's because the consequences are no longer as evident as they were 20 years ago. Before social media, the consequences of acting like a piece of shit were physical and right there in your face every day. You knew what would happen. So, you acted right. Now, the consequences aren't there as most people interact with each other digitally. So, the consequences (account banned, create new account, no big deal) have blurred the lines of reality in a way.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 11-06-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

As bad as social media can be does it really stir things up to the point of wanting to murder random people? One of the victims in this shooting was 5 years old. How can anything make you so upset that you would shoot a 5 year old because of it? It'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    As bad as social media can be does it really stir things up to the point of wanting to murder random people? One of the victims in this shooting was 5 years old. How can anything make you so upset that you would shoot a 5 year old because of it? It'
    I'm hearing that one kid was 18 months old. This guy had to be deranged and all of the warning signs were there. He beat up his wife and kid and was arrested for animal abuse. All red flags. But in the end he was a coward and ran. Sick twisted bastard.

Haven’t you been paying attention? Russia has been fueling the fire for years now. They’ve been using social media to disrupt our culture in a way we could have never imagined.

Wasn't it Krushev who said that Russia would destroy the U.S. from within by corrupting its youth?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It looks like he was targeting his grandmother in law and just went ape shit.

But to respond to your question - i do believe that social media is capable of driving people to that level of rage. Behaviorally, most people don’t really mature until their mid-20’s and today’s youth are just immersed in social media culture. Kids today grow up in a world where it’s ok to completely trash someone over text because nothing is going to happen to you. In addition, the media and politicians revere coverage of hate groups and their ilk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I'm hearing that one kid was 18 months old. This guy had to be deranged and all of the warning signs were there. He beat up his wife and kid and was arrested for animal abuse. All red flags. But in the end he was a coward and ran. Sick twisted bastard.
    And a good guy with a gun put him down, correct?

Blog Entries

And a good guy with a gun put him down, correct?

Absolutely correct. I'm sure the gun ban folks will make hay with this.

Blog Entries

“They got the prayers shot out of them.”

Mike McKean, Hollywood Actor.

Blog Entries

Hollywood is a toilet that needs to be flushed.

Blog Entries

Air Force fucked up. They never documented his domestic abuse issues while he was active duty. Had they done so, he would not have been able to purchase any guns legally.

What he said was, "They were in church. They had the prayers shot right out of them."
    This is of course in response to all the people talking about sending prayers to the victims... like that's gonna help anything.
    I think it's pretty clear, whether you believe in a creator or not, that God had his chance here and is pretty firmly not stepping in. I mean, if he can't be bothered to show up in defense of these people worshipping him when they were being shot, what are the odds he's gonna listen to Judy in Omaha's request?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk