Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Church Shooting

Blog Entries

Church Shooting

Another week and another mass murdering psycho. It doesn’t matter if it’s a concert or a bike path or a school or a church. It could be in New York City or a town with 650 people. Nowhere is safe and it keeps happening. I was watching football all yesterday and they didn’t even interrupt the game because mass murder has become so routine.

I have 3 kids and I really worry about the country they are growing up in. We’ve had swastkas put in the bathroom of our middle school. Racist flyers were left in mailboxes. The local Hindu temple had rocks thrown through their stained glass window. Someone then put a post-it note with “Jews will burn” on the locker of a 7th grade girl.

Newtown, CT is 2 towns north of me. That was only a couple of years ago but the hate seems to still be bubbling up again. Unfortunately we’re going to keep seeing this kind of evil in this country for the foreseeable future

Re: Church Shooting

The amount of hate in this country is awful. Forget the economy, Russia, North Korea...hatred of each other is the biggest issue facing us right now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The hate in the world today is heartbreaking.

I have no idea if it's always been like that and through media and social media it's jsut been amplified. But it's really hard to see.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I wonder what's behind a lot of these acts/hate. Is it because it's easier to spread ideas with social media etc.? Is it people trying to make themselves famous?

Hate is definitely nothing new. Neither is murder or violence, it does seem like the LARGER mass shootings/killings are happening more frequently though e.g. Orlando, Vegas, NYC truck attack etc.

Just sad...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I wonder what's behind a lot of these acts/hate. Is it because it's easier to spread ideas with social media etc.? Is it people trying to make themselves famous?

Hate is definitely nothing new. Neither is murder or violence, it does seem like the LARGER mass shootings/killings are happening more frequently though e.g. Orlando, Vegas, NYC truck attack etc.

Just sad...
    I don't have any definitive proof, but I think it has a lot to do with social media. Fuck if you go on twitter nowadays you see people arguing nonstop, threatening eachother, outrageous statements, etc.

Going on an article shared by a news account on FB and the comments are just again outrageous. I feel like people are just fueled by this. That hate is the same, but it's acted on a lot more through social media. I made a comment on a controversial FB article and got 2 messages from people telling me I should kill myself lmao. Political poles seem to be grwoing further and further apart and people realllllyyy hate the opposite end.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't have any definitive proof, but I think it has a lot to do with social media. Fuck if you go on twitter nowadays you see people arguing nonstop, threatening eachother, outrageous statements, etc.

Going on an article shared by a news account on FB and the comments are just again outrageous. I feel like people are just fueled by this. That hate is the same, but it's acted on a lot more through social media. I made a comment on a controversial FB article and got 2 messages from people telling me I should kill myself lmao. Political poles seem to be grwoing further and further apart and people realllllyyy hate the opposite end.
    Yeah, it's outrageous on social media, comments section on an article. I read an article on this shooting and looked at the comments, I read two before I stopped. It is insanity.

Just wanted to say I watched the game on NFL Sunday Ticket yesterday and they did interrupt the game at one point to mention the shooting. I can't remember when but I don't think it actually cut away from the game during play. Might have been half time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Just wanted to say I watched the game on NFL Sunday Ticket yesterday and they did interrupt the game at one point to mention the shooting. I can't remember when but I don't think it actually cut away from the game during play. Might have been half time.

It must have been a different feed than the one I got through DirecTV. I checked my phone to see how my fantasy football teams were doing and it was there on the Yahoo homepage. First time I saw it. I never saw a thing during any of the games I watched

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It must have been a different feed than the one I got through DirecTV. I checked my phone to see how my fantasy football teams were doing and it was there on the Yahoo homepage. First time I saw it. I never saw a thing during any of the games I watched
    Interesting. I watch through the Sunday Ticket web feed not on satellite, if that possibly means we get different feeds?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

I read something in one article on the church shooting where another resident of the area said the shooter, in the months leading up to the shooting, had been adding a lot of people around town on his Facebook and then just picking fights with them.

We may need to start adding Civility in Online Engagement to the school curriculum.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    The amount of hate in this country is awful. Forget the economy, Russia, North Korea...hatred of each other is the biggest issue facing us right now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Haven’t you been paying attention? Russia has been fueling the fire for years now. They’ve been using social media to disrupt our culture in a way we could have never imagined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yeah, it's outrageous on social media, comments section on an article. I read an article on this shooting and looked at the comments, I read two before I stopped. It is insanity.
    Facebook, Twitter, and other social media have ruined our culture. It’s absolutely true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.