Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I agree. The lack of success on offense isn't on the coordinator and other assistant coaches. We've schemed pretty ok this season. The personnel just isn't there.

And the QB is terrible, too. Honestly, upgrading Flacco would make a far bigger impact on this offense than changing any assistant coaches.
    Possibly, but upgrading QB is also a lot harder to do than changing assistant coaches, and may require several attempts to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    upgrading QB is also a lot harder to do than changing assistant coaches, and may require several attempts to achieve.
    You're not wrong, but the thing is you have to do that anyway. Joe's in his 30s. We will at some point in the NEAR future have to plan for his succession. We can argue about whether that should be this next draft or the one after that (or should have been the last one), but it's going to happen soon. And Joe hasn't played well in years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This happens to every team from time to time... that is also a very good front they were up against. You cant use this game as a valid excuse for your narrative. The titans solid OL didnt get much done against us either.
    One game? Jacksonville, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Tennessee. The only high quality front they did well against was Miami's.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

For those who aren't up on the debate here, all involved agree that the offensive line is over-achieving. The debate isn't even over whether or not someone like Jensen will get paid in Free Agency. The debate is over whether or not he should be handed a starting spot, at the price tag that he'll come with.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    You're not wrong, but the thing is you have to do that anyway. Joe's in his 30s. We will at some point in the NEAR future have to plan for his succession. We can argue about whether that should be this next draft or the one after that (or should have been the last one), but it's going to happen soon. And Joe hasn't played well in years.
    I'm not sure there ever will be a plan. The plan may simply be at some point we either decide to move on from Joe, or he retires, and our hand will be forced that we no longer have a QB. Basically what happened with Boller... we didn't plan for life after him. We just woke up one day, realized it wasn't going to happen, and drafted somebody.

That's what I expect to happen. I don't think you'll see us using a 2nd or 3rd round pick to "groom" somebody. I don't think you'll see this grand plan of using a first rounder on a guy so he can sit and watch for a year or two.

When they decide its time, it will either be a cut or a retirement, and then they'll draft somebody. Or if they hate every QB in that class, they'll sign some cheap veteran, lose, and then draft somebody the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    For those who aren't up on the debate here, all involved agree that the offensive line is over-achieving. The debate isn't even over whether or not someone like Jensen will get paid in Free Agency. The debate is over whether or not he should be handed a starting spot, at the price tag that he'll come with.
    I feel that, if Jensen continues to perform at the level he has played so far this season and we are able to resign him to a fair contract, then yes he should be "handed" the starting spot. He would have earned it, and he's still young enough to where he is going to improve. We don't question whether Yanda, Stanley, Lewis or any other established starters should be handed a spot.

I don't think there is much to debate. I am open to hearing a counter argument.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    I feel that, if Jensen continues to perform at the level he has played so far this season and we are able to resign him to a fair contract, then yes he should be "handed" the starting spot. He would have earned it, and he's still young enough to where he is going to improve. We don't question whether Yanda, Stanley, Lewis or any other established starters should be handed a spot.

I don't think there is much to debate. I am open to hearing a counter argument.
    What would you consider a fair contract?

What would you consider a fair contract?
    5 years, $35m, $12-15m guaranteed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    5 years, $35m, $12-15m guaranteed.
    I'm not sure he's worth 7 mill per

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The line only gave up 7 total pressures against the titans. This thread is ridiculous

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The line only gave up 7 total pressures against the titans. This thread is ridiculous
    lol the sword has to reach for something

Blog Entries

One game? Jacksonville, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Tennessee. The only high quality front they did well against was Miami's.
    Oakland have Khalil mack....