Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Offensive Line

Id be happy to go into next season with

Stanley-Lewis-Jensen-Yanda-Howard

Wed probably need to draft another guard in the mix... but that could be a very good unit and we need most of the resources to be spent on weapons in the offseason

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Id be happy to go into next season with

Stanley-Lewis-Jensen-Yanda-Howard

Wed probably need to draft another guard in the mix... but that could be a very good unit and we need most of the resources to be spent on weapons in the offseason
    I want a new guard neither Yanda nor Lewis can be expected to stay healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I want a new guard neither Yanda nor Lewis can be expected to stay healthy

We could get one in one of the top 3 rounds. I like the kid out of notre dame and he has played next to Stanley before.

Blog Entries

They need to still draft a good top graded guard next year.. every year the ravens should take a lineman from Wisconsin or Iowa.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    They need to still draft a good top graded guard next year.. every year the ravens should take a lineman from Wisconsin or Iowa.

Notre Dame seem to be producing some aswell

Blog Entries

Notre Dame seem to be producing some aswell
    yup they have put out some nice ones too.

Blog Entries

The line only gave up 7 total pressures against the titans. This thread is ridiculous
    You like to cling to stats. That line got zero push in the run game and the pass protection was spotty.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Oakland have Khalil mack....
    He's one guy. I said a front.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think the O line has played ok considering 2 of the 5 starters are on IR.

Joe hasn’t been the same QB since early 2015 before the knee. He’s banged up and what’s worse he has one legitimate WR and he no longer has that go to TE he had with Pitta. His play has fallen off. He’s missing throws and making some bad decisions. The master plan this year was to keep him upright and rely more on the running game and a strong defense. How’s that strategy working out? So basically the whole thing is a cluster fuck. Blaming the O line solely is just way off base. IMO
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Nobody is solely blaming the offensive line. This is more of a debate about the future of the line. Leach is content with going into next season with the line they intended on going into this season with, on top of paying Jensen good Center money and handing him the starting job next season. While they've played admirably given the circumstances, I don't think they've earned that type of capital. I think you'll end up in a similar situation to what happened with Jeremy Zuttah. Many posters went into the 2016 season thinking that they just needed 'Adequate' play from the Center position. If you're going to truly improve the offense, you can't keep settling for adequate.

flacco is a bigger problem than OL at this point
    https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...n-in-week-nine

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Nobody is solely blaming the offensive line. This is more of a debate about the future of the line. Leach is content with going into next season with the line they intended on going into this season with, on top of paying Jensen good Center money and handing him the starting job next season. While they've played admirably given the circumstances, I don't think they've earned that type of capital. I think you'll end up in a similar situation to what happened with Jeremy Zuttah. Many posters went into the 2016 season thinking that they just needed 'Adequate' play from the Center position. If you're going to truly improve the offense, you can't keep settling for adequate.
    I'd settle for adequate play from the Oline if we got above average play from the quarterback. I don't understand why the focus is on the Oline or the WR.

They are minor problems compared to what is going on at QB. I mean take a look at the Browns they invested all that money into an Oline in the offseason. Brought in a free agent WR. Drafted a TE in the first round. How did that work out for them?

People are looking around for scapegoats