Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: La Confora: Kubiak Open to Return as OC

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Kubiak didn't somehow get better taking a year off. Those health issues are real. Pressure is still huge for any NFL coach
    This. Kubiak might have the desire, but he can't fight a body that won't cooperate with him.

He gave Harbs a chance this year (and I would have too) and Harbs blew it!

Billick got canned one year after Steve gave him a fat extension.

Steve may like Harbs but when his business is affected, Harbs will be toast!

Two year plan, and I suspect Kubiak is part of the plan for rebuilding the offense.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'm sure Kubiak had fun winning the Super Bowl too. He stepped down because he has serious health issues. The grind of the NFL is very rough. The desire is there but I just can't see him risking a stroke over it.
    The talk of Kubiak's health issues are blown out of proportion. From all that I've read, he has had two neurological events: a TIA (a.k.a. "mini-stroke) and a “complex migraine condition” that caused extreme fatigue and weakness.

There should be nothing life-threatening about either of these conditions. I believe that Kubiak views being an OC as a semi-retirement paid-hobby job that he can handle without the head coaching stress.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I doubt it will ever happen but I would love to see Kubiak back here as OC. He's the only coordinator during the Harbaugh era that I was actually excited to see hired, apart from Pagano's promotion to DC.

LOL, only Ravens fans would be looking to the future by focusing on the past...

Elway would force him back on Denver's HC. He will not let him go anywhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    The talk of Kubiak's health issues are blown out of proportion. From all that I've read, he has had two neurological events: a TIA (a.k.a. "mini-stroke) and a “complex migraine condition” that caused extreme fatigue and weakness.

There should be nothing life-threatening about either of these conditions. I believe that Kubiak views being an OC as a semi-retirement paid-hobby job that he can handle without the head coaching stress.
    Kubiak quit a Super Bowl team paying him $5 million a year. The statement was that he was doing it for his family who were concerned about it health. You don't give up that kind of money and winning while working for your best friend unless you have to.

I'm sure Kubiak misses coaching and mentioned that to people. There is a huge difference between talking about it and doing it. I'm not buying it until I hear that he is interviewing

Blog Entries

Id hire him today.

He always said the only way hed leave here was for Denver. If we give him the option to return, sounds like it could be a great fit. Were still trying to work around his system overall, but in terms of personnel we have went with larger power OL to work with Romans blocking scheme more than Kubiaks ZBS so that would be interesting. Although we favor larger OL currently, I wouldnt say theyre not athletic as well so it probably wouldnt be too much of an issue.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I'm sure Kubiak misses coaching and mentioned that to people. There is a huge difference between talking about it and doing it. I'm not buying it until I hear that he is interviewing
    You have a good point. Theres a lot at stake with him.

It was these rumors that got him here in the first place though. Friends relaying his thoughts. That may very well be on purpose. Lets it be known but also allows him to refuse easily as just a rumor if the right job doesnt come along.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Why not just hire someone off Kyle Shanahans staff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Here is the problem with bringing in Gary Kubiak after what you've just done to the team. We all agree that Juan Castillo needed to go. However, Marty Mornhinweg is far more accustomed to utilizing zone blocking schemes in his offenses. You did a good thing in getting rid of Castillo, but brought in Greg Roman. Roman runs far more inside trap schemes than anything else. You also let go of the linemen who excelled at zone blocking, replacing them with less athletic linemen who are better suited for Roman's scheme. If you were to bring back Kubiak, you'd have to rework three fifths of your offensive line, because you got rid of the guys that Kubiak could have done some things with.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore