Selection for Societal Sanity

Give this video a watch. Very intriguing.

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Re: Selection for Societal Sanity

Very interesting. I think the internet can be helpful to educate yourself, but if you don't question anything... we're doomed.

I've been on here for a while talking about how technology is making us lazy, stupid, disconnected, etc. While it's also made us more productive as a whole, it's made people to reliant on things being provided to them that without technology a lot of people in a lot of areas would be screwed...

I just watched. Very well done.

What terrifies me is that these people who live in their echo chambers will all have children and those kids will likely espouse the same nonsense their parents do.

The ability to listen and have genuine political discourse is what is lacking in society today.

More people want to "win the argument" rather than "discover the truth."

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Very interesting. I think the internet can be helpful to educate yourself, but if you don't question anything... we're doomed.

I've been on here for a while talking about how technology is making us lazy, stupid, disconnected,
    etc. While it's also made us more productive as a whole, it's made people to reliant on things being provided to them that without technology a lot of people in a lot of areas would be screwed...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Amen!

So much to say. So much to say.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver