Thread: Yu Darvish

Blog Entries

Yu Darvish

Yuli Gurriel, the Houston Astros first baseman who was seen making a racist gesture in the dugout during Game 3 of the World Series on Friday night, has been given a five-game suspension without pay that will begin at the start of the 2018 season.

Not one word from Mymomma Taughtmetaholla yet. Is this racism or not. We need the expert to weigh in.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/28/s...u-darvish.html

Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Re: Yu Darvish

Also heard Houston fans gave Yuli a standing O during his first at bat. I was rooting for the Astros, but that made me switch to rooting for the Dodgers. Hope Karma is a bitch. It was tonight.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Also heard Houston fans gave Yuli a standing O during his first at bat. I was rooting for the Astros, but that made me switch to rooting for the Dodgers. Hope Karma is a bitch. It was tonight.
    Maybe the actions of one moron don't warrant much more than a grunt and a "what a d***". I think as an Asian american, a group that thrived in this country, it is laughable for Darvish to think that pineapple headed looking doofus would try to make fun of him in that way. As a white guy I don't want to see equal opportunity hysteria. Keep things in context and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Probably had more to do with his homerun the other night.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Suspension should have started during the playoffs and been 1 game. It would have been much more meaningful then 5 regular season games.

Yeah, racism is wrong period but we've sort of been so conditioned by the PC outrage machine that when real racism occurs it sort of becomes less of a story then it should be.