Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Are we a better team with Mallet at QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I'd say yes. With Mallet there's no temptation to pass the ball or do anything besides run it. This means that 1. We'll see even more of Alex Collins and 2. Breshad Perriman won't be able to let us down
    That was my thought process as well. In our last three losses. Flacco attempted 39, 41, and 49 passes. In those games he had a combined 2TD and 4INT. Plus an average QBR 67.2.

I think this offense has a tendency when they get behind the abandon the run and sort put belief in the flacco of old when that player has shown no signs of returning this year. 2/3 games were winnable. In particular the Chicago game we were averaging 5 yard a carry. There was no reason for Flacco to take 41 attempts.

I'm impress. The OP came back. Thought he was trolling

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm impress. The OP came back. Thought he was trolling
    I mean some of you guys act indignant but the bar I set for Mallett wasn't very high. Flacco has given us nothing he's ranked 31st out of 32 qb's in QBR this season. He's getting out played by Hoyer and Case Keenum.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Are we a better team with Mallet at QB?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    as opposed to mallet as WR?
    smoove, can you please get Baldy to behave?
    The board will thank you for it... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I mean some of you guys act indignant but the bar I set for Mallett wasn't very high. Flacco has given us nothing he's ranked 31st out of 32 qb's in QBR this season. He's getting out played by Hoyer and Case Keenum.
    But when you suggest that we're better with Mallet at QB that makes you look high.

really with this bullshit???

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Unfortunately. Someone had to try it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Some Baltimore fans are never happy. Whiners stated similar affection for backups to John Unitas and Bert Jones.
    ill never get it. especially after wandering through the qb wilderness before Flacco... you'd think, ugh, nevermind!

I'd venture to assume if his receivers caught some of those passes/ didn't turn therm into picks, he'd be ranked higher. big picture

Blog Entries

Seriously, 4 of the man's 8 interceptions bounced off of his pass catchers. West had one go through his arms. Maclin had one go off of his hands. Perriman had one go off of his hands and Moore had one go off of his chest.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm probably the biggest Mallett fan on the board and even I rolled my eyes...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That was my thought process as well. In our last three losses. Flacco attempted 39, 41, and 49 passes. In those games he had a combined 2TD and 4INT. Plus an average QBR 67.2.

I think this offense has a tendency when they get behind the abandon the run and sort put belief in the flacco of old when that player has shown no signs of returning this year. 2/3 games were winnable. In particular the Chicago game we were averaging 5 yard a carry. There was no reason for Flacco to take 41 attempts.
    Well if you don't abandon the run in some of the games where we've clearly fallen behind, then you're just simply not going to win. We're not going to "rush" our way back into games where we've clearly fallen behind.

Even the Chicago game is a bad example. We're down 17-3 midway through the 3rd quarter... do you really think running the ball was going to bring us back into that game?

Certainly don't see the 2/3 winnable losses we had. We got thoroughly dominated in every single one of them except for Chicago. Running the ball a lot more wouldn't have changed any of those.

Never really seems like a good idea to make a QB change with the idea that you're doing so because you don't want the new QB to throw the ball. If that's the case, then just call more runs plays with the incumbent QB, and see if our W/L record changes. In my opinion, it won't. Some games we will run well, some games we won't. And in the games we don't, I like Joe's chances of putting us in a better spot to win than like Mallet's... by a wide margin.