Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: DNC/Hillary paid for "Golden Showers" Dossier

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    thanks for the name calling as well... another sign of poor argument.
    Settle down Beavis is a quote, from a Beavis and Butthead, not name calling.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...wn%2C%20Beavis
    Spoken by Butthead to Beavis when he gets all crazy and stuff. Can be used to calm down anyone who's ranting.
    Poor attempt to discount the rest by saying I resorted to "name calling". Lighten up Francis...

your take makes no sense. Hillary was not president. Obama didnt just talk shit on McCain for a year. I think you proved every one of my points. nice try though, hope it made you feel better.
    Where did my "take" say anything about Hilary? My take was pointing out the difference between literal and figurative. Despite pointing that out and even using examples to show that, you still didn't grasp it and somehow think that proves your point...? That's on you, not me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Settle down Beavis is a quote, from a Beavis and Butthead, not name calling.
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...wn%2C%20Beavis

Poor attempt to discount the rest by saying I resorted to "name calling". Lighten up Francis...

Where did my "take" say anything about Hilary? My take was pointing out the difference between literal and figurative. Despite pointing that out and even using examples to show that, you still didn't grasp it and somehow think that proves your point...? That's on you, not me.
    Beavis and Butthead references are endearing now? were quoting urban dictionary?... youre proving my point over and over without me having to say anything.

Your take, on my claims, were not in context to them. I pretty clearly said that Obama didnt talk shit on McCain for a year after he won (or Romney for that matter), but did talk about the previous president, WHICH ALL PRESIDENTS DO. You then take examples of him talking about Bush to show what exactly? to support what I just said? youre not arguing a point i made, yet quite defensive about it. Twisting things just to defend Trump (blindly), is exactly what i claimed his supporters do. notice how i claimed no problem with Trump bashing Obama? that would be what your argument actually supports, that Obama did also. if i actually had a problem with that or claimed that, which i clearly did not, youd be correct. youre arguing something I didnt say, just to try to grasp some sort of defense of Trump. That is something I said his supporters do, so consider this an example that supports my claim.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Beavis and Butthead references are endearing now? were quoting urban dictionary?... youre proving my point over and over without me having to say anything.
    Where did I say it was endearing? Where else would I get an explanation of a Beavis and Butthead quote...?

Your take, on my claims, were not in context to them. I pretty clearly said that Obama didnt talk shit on McCain for a year after he won (or Romney for that matter), but did talk about the previous president, WHICH ALL PRESIDENTS DO. You then take examples of him talking about Bush to show what exactly? to support what I just said? youre not arguing a point i made, yet quite defensive about it. Twisting things just to defend Trump (blindly), is exactly what i claimed his supporters do. notice how i claimed no problem with Trump bashing Obama? that would be what your argument actually supports, that Obama did also. if i actually had a problem with that or claimed that, which i clearly did not, youd be correct. youre arguing something I didnt say, just to try to grasp some sort of defense of Trump. That is something I said his supporters do, so consider this an example that supports my claim.
    Dude, seriously? You all but flipped out on Cincycat and were VERY condescending in your response to him about Obama NOT running against Bush. I said he didn't mean it literally then pointed that out, then basically just used your rant replacing names, not making any point, more just having fun with your rant where you missed that his post was figurative and not literal. I thought it was rather funny.

I've made no points to anything else you said. You're so desperate to try have this argument and distract from you missing CincyCat's post was meant figuratively, at this point you're arguing with yourself.

Blog Entries

Glad youre amused by yourself so easily.

Maybe let Cincy speak for himself instead of coming to your own conclusions on what he meant and getting butt hurt for him?

he started the thread. he replied to my post with something out of context. I clarified and then you 100% proved my "rant". so thank you.

If anybody is looking for an argument its probably the one that wasnt tied to the conversation at all...
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Glad youre amused by yourself so easily.

Maybe let Cincy speak for himself instead of coming to your own conclusions on what he meant and getting butt hurt for him?

he started the thread. he replied to my post with something out of context. I clarified and then you 100% proved my "rant". so thank you.

If anybody is looking for an argument its probably the one that wasnt tied to the conversation at all...
    Petty attempts to distract from you missing the point... I get it, sad... but I get it.

Blog Entries

the original point was missed... so the subsequent in defense of it arent either.

the condescending tone youre so upset about was apparently needed afterall. how sad indeed. here i thought it was satire.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

the original point was missed... so the subsequent in defense of it arent either.

the condescending tone youre so upset about was apparently needed afterall. how sad indeed. here i thought it was satire.
    If you have a point, I'm open to talking about it but your accusations of name calling, being upset, offended etc. all in attempt to distract from you not understanding what was meant by the word "run" is sad. You either missed it by mistake, or deliberately to rant. Sad either way, but keep trying.

Blog Entries

If you have a point, I'm open to talking about it but your accusations of name calling, being upset, offended etc. all in attempt to distract from you not understanding what was meant by the word "run" is sad. You either missed it by mistake, or deliberately to rant. Sad either way, but keep trying.
    See you keep saying that... but its not about Trump "running" against Obama. its his continued "running" against HRC that was the topic being discussed. using sarcasm to point out the difference was in satire and assuming Cincy understood that difference, hence referring to it that way.

you clearly did/do not. your straw man is proof of that.

the word that was missed wasnt "run" in Cincy's post it was the entire context of the previous posts in the first place.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

See you keep saying that... but its not about Trump "running" against Obama. its his continued "running" against HRC that was the topic being discussed. using sarcasm to point out the difference was in satire and assuming Cincy understood that difference, hence referring to it that way.

you clearly did/do not. your straw man is proof of that.

the word that was missed wasnt "run" in Cincy's post it was the entire context of the previous posts in the first place.
    Oh.... so now it's sarcasm. Why not say that 2 pages ago..?

I'm not making an argument at all for there to be a strawman. I simply pointed out the Obama did "run" (read campaign) against Bush and did run/ran his Presidency against Bush, then provided a joke that was 3/4 years after he took office to show that his method of "blaming Bush" was well into his Presidency.

Ever since you've tried to steer me back to or have me defend Trump or HRC... or something.

Blog Entries

Oh.... so now it's sarcasm. Why not say that 2 pages ago..?

I'm not making an argument at all for there to be a strawman. I simply pointed out the Obama did "run" (read campaign) against Bush and did run/ran his Presidency against Bush, then provided a joke that was 3/4 years after he took office to show that his method of "blaming Bush" was well into his Presidency.

Ever since you've tried to steer me back to or have me defend Trump or HRC... or something.

straw man
    ˌstrô ˈman/
    noun
    noun: straw man; plural noun: straw men; noun: strawman; plural noun: strawmen

1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Im not steering you towards anything other than letting you know what youre pointing out had nothing to do with what was being discussed. Where did I say Obama didnt talk about Bush? why do you keep bringing this up? I went from feeling i didnt really have to point out the difference between Obama bashing Bush's policies (as the previous president) and Trump continuing to bash Clinton (whos not in office, nor has policies in place), to having to repeatedly tell you. I never said Obama didnt, I didnt say Cincy was wrong, I said theres a difference, and its obvious enough not to have pages pointing it out. I was wrong. I took for granted people realized this.

why do i need to tell you what is or isnt sarcasm/satire after you take to name calling? Lets call it what it is, you got offended becasue I said general you "trump supporters" turn a blind eye to his BS and defend him. when what hes doing is the very things you hated about Obama. So much so that the reply "Obama did it" represents that to a tee, and what my entire reply to cincy was about and yes, youve supported my point, whether you realize it or not.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Im not steering you towards anything other than letting you know what youre pointing out had nothing to do with what was being discussed. Where did I say Obama didnt talk about Bush? why do you keep bringing this up? I went from feeling i didnt really have to point out the difference between Obama bashing Bush's policies (as the previous president) and Trump continuing to bash Clinton (whos not in office, nor has policies in place), to having to repeatedly tell you. I never said Obama didnt, I didnt say Cincy was wrong, I said theres a difference, and its obvious enough not to have pages pointing it out. I was wrong. I took for granted people realized this.
    I never said you said "Obama didn't talk about Bush". You said Obama didn't "run" against Bush. I've made no comments about anything else you said about Trump, or Trump bashing Clinton or anything. The quote I replied to was about Obama running against Bush. I simply pointed out he did.

why do i need to tell you what is or isnt sarcasm/satire after you take to name calling? Lets call it what it is, you got offended becasue I said general you "trump supporters" turn a blind eye to his BS and defend him. when what hes doing is the very things you hated about Obama. So much so that the reply "Obama did it" represents that to a tee, and what my entire reply to cincy was about and yes, youve supported my point, whether you realize it or not.
    Where have defended Trump let alone mention him?

Blog Entries

He didnt run against Bush, but he "ran" against his policies... NO SHIT. I didnt argue that, nor have issue with that now or anywhere in this thread. I do have issue with somebody saying thats the same thing Trumps doing with Hillary, which is what Cincy's reply was in context to and what my "rant" was about after.

simple, Is Trump to Hillary the same as Obama to Bush? right now. Are those the same things?
    -JAB