Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 192021
Results 241 to 252 of 252

Thread: Flacco Deja Vu

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,089
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    In before the lock
    I honestly don't know how it's lasted this long.





  2. #242
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Did you read all the nonsense? Now it’s how Flacco don’t get mop up TD shovel passes and Manning got 11 in his record breaking year.
    They actually discredited Manning’s TD record and are playing up Joes 2014 season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not what was said at all. Learn context. I said Mannings record is far less impressive then Marinos.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  3. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,089
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Because it's a fucking message board! I'm not allowed to respond to your posts?

    I admire you sticking to your beliefs. But holy shit dude you're taking a beating in this thread.
    From the goon squad?

    Lol. If you cant see the low level intellect they display then you might as well join them. You pretty much already did.





  4. #244
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,089
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    That's not what was said at all. Learn context. I said Mannings record is far less impressive then Marinos.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Context. Don't use big words.





  5. #245
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,089
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I didn't have the stomach to read through this entire thread but a mod should probably lock this due to the extreme pettiness and stupidity exhibited in certain posts.

    I've never been a fan of the Flacco psychoanalysis. A prevailing theory here seems to be that Flacco is playing poorly because he doesn't care anymore, maybe never cared; and we can primarily tell this from body language, statements in pressers, etc...

    Bullshit. Just stop wasting your time with that crap. We're just not in these guys' heads... we don't know if Terrell Suggs had an argument with his wife and so that distracted him from playing well last weekend. Once you go down that rabbit hole of trying to psychoanalyze everything you'll see some mini-conspiracy everywhere. It's pointless.

    Football isn't that complicated folks and it's not that personal either. Flacco has played poorly because he, and the team around him, have FOOTBALL problems. Not "personality" problems. Let's talk about the shit that actually matters. Unless of course your dislike of Flacco is motivated primarily by personal factors--which I think is the case for many. Not sure if they've never forgiven him for taking away Troy Smith's shot at being the starter or what.

    Here, I'll try to get us back on track. Let's talk about MECHANICS... Flacco's are awful. They've been consistently atrocious since 2015. A common thread in pretty much every game he's played poorly has been happy feet, not stepping into throws, throwing across his body... It's very consistent and predates the ACL injury so that isn't the primary factor even if it may have exacerbated the problem.

    It's unacceptable for a 10 year veteran. But it didn't happen much in 2014... why? I think 2 things: a higher-quality OL and better coaching. Why in the world do the Ravens not have a dedicated QB coach on staff? They haven't had one since 2014. And what a coincidence... Flacco's 2 best career years (2010 and 2014) have been with dedicated QB coaches (Jim Zorn and Rick Dennison.)

    I've said it for years: Flacco is a QB whose highs are higher and lows are lower than other QBs. He needs a firm hand guiding him and keeping his bad habits at bay. And he needs the team around him to be carefully constructed to accentuate the good and guide the bad. That's just the reality. If you don't do those things he will perform terribly.
    I agree with this post almost entirely.

    Especially the Troy Smith part.





  6. #246

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    You're talking in circles. You bring up the 2014 run and I'm just stating plays where joe flacco got bailed out and there wouldn't be a "run" if he wasn't.

    Answer the question, do we even make the playoffs if ray rice doesn't bail out flacco when he throws a 2 yard pass on 4th and 29??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Um, yes. Yes we do. Or do you not remember us sitting all of our starters in the finale against Cincy because we didn't need that game?
    "Not bad for a running back."





  7. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,089
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Um, yes. Yes we do. Or do you not remember us sitting all of our starters in the finale against Cincy because we didn't need that game?
    Facts are hard.





  8. #248
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Sizzle View Post
    If it wasn't for a blown coverage by Rahim Moore, there never would have been a "run"
    If not for Evans drop it would have been back to back what's your point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  9. #249

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I didn't have the stomach to read through this entire thread but a mod should probably lock this due to the extreme pettiness and stupidity exhibited in certain posts.

    I've never been a fan of the Flacco psychoanalysis. A prevailing theory here seems to be that Flacco is playing poorly because he doesn't care anymore, maybe never cared; and we can primarily tell this from body language, statements in pressers, etc...

    Bullshit. Just stop wasting your time with that crap. We're just not in these guys' heads... we don't know if Terrell Suggs had an argument with his wife and so that distracted him from playing well last weekend. Once you go down that rabbit hole of trying to psychoanalyze everything you'll see some mini-conspiracy everywhere. It's pointless.

    Football isn't that complicated folks and it's not that personal either. Flacco has played poorly because he, and the team around him, have FOOTBALL problems. Not "personality" problems. Let's talk about the shit that actually matters. Unless of course your dislike of Flacco is motivated primarily by personal factors--which I think is the case for many. Not sure if they've never forgiven him for taking away Troy Smith's shot at being the starter or what.

    Here, I'll try to get us back on track. Let's talk about MECHANICS... Flacco's are awful. They've been consistently atrocious since 2015. A common thread in pretty much every game he's played poorly has been happy feet, not stepping into throws, throwing across his body... It's very consistent and predates the ACL injury so that isn't the primary factor even if it may have exacerbated the problem.

    It's unacceptable for a 10 year veteran. But it didn't happen much in 2014... why? I think 2 things: a higher-quality OL and better coaching. Why in the world do the Ravens not have a dedicated QB coach on staff? They haven't had one since 2014. And what a coincidence... Flacco's 2 best career years (2010 and 2014) have been with dedicated QB coaches (Jim Zorn and Rick Dennison.)

    I've said it for years: Flacco is a QB whose highs are higher and lows are lower than other QBs. He needs a firm hand guiding him and keeping his bad habits at bay. And he needs the team around him to be carefully constructed to accentuate the good and guide the bad. That's just the reality. If you don't do those things he will perform terribly.
    Is it not bad that we pay a guy franchise QB money and he needs someone to hold his hand, or else he reverts back to rookie tendencies?





  10. #250

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Um, yes. Yes we do. Or do you not remember us sitting all of our starters in the finale against Cincy because we didn't need that game?
    That chargers game played a huge role in is making the playoffs. We lost 4 of our last 5 that season and ended up 10-6. Without that game we are sitting at 9-7 and probably on the outside looking in. Yeah we sat players that last game but it's not a forgone conclusion that we would have won that game.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  11. #251
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15,931
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flacco Deja Vu

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    What
    Has
    Joe
    Done
    Here
    Lately?

    We went to the postseason and lost in 2014 why are you bragging about that? We LOST!

    I already know what you’re gonna post well Joe had 4 TDs VS NE.

    We ha a chance to score and he threw a pick. I know I know that was all Torrey’s fault.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What has anyone on this team done here lately. What's the 12 million dollar NT done this year did he get paid and lazy. Did he fake his foot injury?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site