Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco Deja Vu

Flacco Deja Vu

This post is for all those Flacco apologists who blame the line or the drops or anything but Flacco himself. The fact is, he is NOT a great NFL quarterback and never was. He's had his moments of course, he has a big arm for sure. The problem is he's inconsistent and melts under pressure. Now after the knee and back issues, he has zero mobility.

For deja vu I take you back to the golden days of Flacco in December 2014 and I'm quoting Jamison Hensley of ESPN here:
    http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-r...-possible-time
    HOUSTON -- Sitting in front of his locker after getting beat up in a 25-13 loss to the Houston Texans, quarterback Joe Flacco tried to figure out which teams needed to lose in order for the Baltimore Ravens to make the playoffs.

There would be no need for such a conversation if Joe Cool didn't melt down under the Texans' pressure.

Flacco threw incompletions on 17 of his first 20 passes. He was intercepted three times, all of which came deep in Ravens' territory.

This was Flacco's worst game at the worst possible time. As Flacco's passes sailed high over the middle and veered out of bounds, the Ravens (9-6) watched any control of their playoff destiny float away with them.
    In the first half, Joe Flacco complete 3 of 18 passes for 27 yards and two interceptions.

Yes, there were other factors -- no running game, poor pass protection and dropped passes -- that contributed to the Ravens producing their fewest total yards (211) in 21 games. But this is the time of year where quarterbacks carry their teams to the postseason, especially ones with $100 million contracts.

Tony Romo threw four touchdowns as the Dallas Cowboys clinched a playoff berth. Aaron Rodgers fought off the flu and a calf injury to pass for 300 yards as the Green Bay Packers punched their ticket to the postseason. And Philip Rivers guided a clutch comeback to keep the San Diego Chargers alive.

What did the Ravens get under center? Flacco resembled Kyle Boller more than a Super Bowl Most Valuable Player. He was inaccurate, impatient and uncharacteristically gun shy. In the end, Flacco lost to a fourth-string quarterback in Case Keenum, who was on a practice squad the previous week.
    Joe Flacco just isn't very good.

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Deja Vu

If that's the time of the year when QBs carry their teams, despite the mistakes Hensley mentioned, then Randy Moss and Wes Welker would have never been Patriots, because Brady would have continued to carry the Reche Caldwells of the world. That's not what happened. Brady put two TDs in Caldwell's hands that Caldwell dropped and New England blew the lead against Indianapolis. In came Moss and Welker the next year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Haha. Three years later and Flacco is still Case Keenum's bitch.

I'm no Flacco apologist, but this was one bad game in a 10-6 season, where the Ravens went to the playoffs, beat Pittsburgh at the ketchup palace, and then gave the Pats all they could handle in Foxboro with the Hoodie busting out every trick in his book. Joe threw 4 TDs and the Ravens would have won, if they weren't trotting out practice squad guys at CB (e.g. Rashaan Melvin).

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    I'm no Flacco apologist, but this was one bad game in a 10-6 season, where the Ravens went to the playoffs, beat Pittsburgh at the ketchup palace, and then gave the Pats all they could handle in Foxboro with the Hoodie busting out every trick in his book. Joe threw 4 TDs and the Ravens would have won, if they weren't trotting out practice squad guys at CB (e.g. Rashaan Melvin).
    The fact that he's been so good in the playoffs should be an "Unsolved Mysteries" episode.

Blog Entries

Sad now how the only position group that can stay healthy is the cbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Haha. Three years later and Flacco is still Case Keenum's bitch.
    Why can't Pees stop that lil Fella?

Blog Entries

Why not make a thread about the Denver pick 6 game in the SB year too?

Blog Entries

That's called perspective.

Which many here lack.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

And by practicessquad cornerbacks you mean other teams' practice squad corners. The Ravens were going through so many corners (injuries) that teams were signing their practice squad guys so the Ravens wouldn't. Bad year.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Why can't Pees stop that lil Fella?

Well in 2014, he went 20/42 for 185 yds, 0 tds and 1 int. It was good enough to beat Flacco though. Don't think he really lit the world on fire on Sunday either. Still good enough to beat Joe...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Well in 2014, he went 20/42 for 185 yds, 0 tds and 1 int. It was good enough to beat Flacco though. Don't think he really lit the world on fire on Sunday either. Still good enough to beat Joe...
    QBs beat each other?