Page 37 of 880 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    My daughter turned us onto the show, so we've been binge watching. We're all over the place, but I think I'm going to start at season one.

Saw an episode titled "Black Museum". Definitely reminiscent of "Creepshow"! I think that's now my favorite. In your opinion, what's the best season?
    I really liked black museum! good way to end season 4.

season 3 would have to be my pick. my favorite episode, shut up and dance, is in that one. the other episodes were great too. cinematography upped from the first two seasons. also make sure you watch white christmas if you haven't... it's not really part of a season, but aired between 2 and 3.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I really liked black museum! good way to end season 4.

season 3 would have to be my pick. my favorite episode, shut up and dance, is in that one. the other episodes were great too. cinematography upped from the first two seasons. also make sure you watch white christmas if you haven't... it's not really part of a season, but aired between 2 and 3.

Another great one I always forget about. Damn such a good show

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Another great one I always forget about. Damn such a good show
    ...i may have rewatched a few recently. sometimes you need to do that to catch other details! white xmas I liked even more on the second viewing. jon hamm is great per uzsh. and that song!

Blog Entries

Watched Justice League and Thor Ragnarok over the weekend.

I like the comedic relief in Thor.

Overall, I thought they were about the same. Not sure why folks loved Thor so much more than Justice League.

The only thing I really hated about Justice League was how they had the kid playing The Flash run. It was like “pretend you’re rollerblading”. Really lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I didn't think Justice League was terrible. I do think they needed to run through a couple more solo movies first. The movies themselves haven't been great, but the planning of the universe story is also just all jacked up.

Batman vs. Superman should have been a phase two movie. You build up to that through the story you are telling within the universe. Marvel didn't jump right to Civil War three movies in. Suicide Squad should have also been a phase two movie AFTER you establish the universe with more familiar characters. Again, Marvel didn't slot the similarly obscure Guardians or Ant Man into phase one. They went with recognizable characters, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk.

Also, need to get rid of Zach Snyder. That's the second biggest problem with that universe.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Annihilation- Crazy cool visuals and very interesting science shit going on. Its a complicated movie, imo if you like Prometheus, Interstellar, etc...you will like this movie. Its definitely out there....

A Million Ways to Die in the West- I never even considered watching this because I felt it was just going to be a stupid comedy...and it was, but I really enjoyed it. Worth the watch if you want a good laugh

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Annihilation- Crazy cool visuals and very interesting science shit going on. Its a complicated movie, imo if you like Prometheus, Interstellar, etc...you will like this movie. Its definitely out there....

A Million Ways to Die in the West- I never even considered watching this because I felt it was just going to be a stupid comedy...and it was, but I really enjoyed it. Worth the watch if you want a good laugh
    Annihilation is gonna be a tough one to beat for my favorite of the year.

Reminded me of Under the Skin.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I've been re-watching the MCU movies here leading up to Infinity War. Observations in order up to where I am now...

Iron Man, dated but still holds up well.
    Hulk, great special effects, better than I remembered.
    Iron Man 2, awful now, an absolute slog. Cool villain, but not enough of him.
    Thor, also awful, but it always was.
    Cap 1, I don't like Captain America in this movie, also kind of boring. But it's better than Thor and Iron Man 2.
    Avengers, still awesome.
    ---
    Iron Man 3, love it, having re-watched all three pretty close together, to me it's the best one.
    Dark World, better than I remembered, but totally unremarkable in every way.
    Winter Soldier, not just the best MCU movie, but it is also one of the best action movies ever, as far as I'm concerned. I can not say enough good things about this one. Not even Chris Evans can bring it down. It's infinitely re-watchable.
    Guardians 1, I was surprised at how meh I was in the re-watch. It's still good, but not what I remembered.

Age of Ultron is up next, which I thought was terrible the first time I saw it, then the newer movies, all of which I have liked.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Annihilation is gonna be a tough one to beat for my favorite of the year.

Reminded me of Under the Skin.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    I wanted to see Annihilation, but the theater here only had it for two weeks, and the second week of that it only played after 9 PM...will get it when it comes out on BluRay. Loved Ex Machina so I have high hopes.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I've been re-watching the MCU movies here leading up to Infinity War. Observations in order up to where I am now...

Iron Man, dated but still holds up well.
    Hulk, great special effects, better than I remembered.
    Iron Man 2, awful now, an absolute slog. Cool villain, but not enough of him.
    Thor, also awful, but it always was.
    Cap 1, I don't like Captain America in this movie, also kind of boring. But it's better than Thor and Iron Man 2.
    Avengers, still awesome.
    ---
    Iron Man 3, love it, having re-watched all three pretty close together, to me it's the best one.
    Dark World, better than I remembered, but totally unremarkable in every way.
    Winter Soldier, not just the best MCU movie, but it is also one of the best action movies ever, as far as I'm concerned. I can not say enough good things about this one. Not even Chris Evans can bring it down. It's infinitely re-watchable.
    Guardians 1, I was surprised at how meh I was in the re-watch. It's still good, but not what I remembered.

Age of Ultron is up next, which I thought was terrible the first time I saw it, then the newer movies, all of which I have liked.
    I thought Guardians was pretty boring.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that's the weird one. I guess maybe the humor doesn't work as well on subsequent viewings. It's definitely fallen in my personal rankings. No higher than third behind Winter Soldier and Doctor Strange. Maybe even behind Iron Man 3.

I'm looking forward to re-watching Ant Man because that's another that I really enjoyed the first time, and am curious to see if I still feel that way.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Dr. Strange was my favorite.