Page 334 of 880 FirstFirst ... 332333334335336 ... LastLast
Results 3,997 to 4,008 of 10552

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Lol you can still tell she's had work done, but I think she looks good in the show

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I don't begrudge people in that industry trying to keep themselves marketable and the vanity/fear of aging does not cause me to judge either. At one point though she looked like a completely different person and worse. Her squinty eye thing was part of her look. She looked all wide eyed like someone just said "BOO" and just like a different, less attractive person. I just looked at some pics of that show and she looks like her old face has come back a little which is good. I thought she had Jennifer Grey'd herself for a minute there and it was just disturbing. Give me Jennifer Grey with that little bump on her nose any day.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I don't begrudge people in that industry trying to keep themselves marketable and the vanity/fear of aging does not cause me to judge either. At one point though she looked like a completely different person and worse. Her squinty eye thing was part of her look. She looked all wide eyed like someone just said "BOO" and just like a different, less attractive person. I just looked at some pics of that show and she looks like her old face has come back a little which is good. I thought she had Jennifer Grey'd herself for a minute there and it was just disturbing. Give me Jennifer Grey with that little bump on her nose any day.
    Agreed. I am all for self-improvement down the line if I feel it's necessary... but there's def such thing as too much!

Re-watching Fargo again before the new season comes out and damn this show doesnt get enough attention. Its absolutely phenomenal. Cohen Brothers are awesome.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    What is Cloud? Lol

Thanks for the reminder! Still in my DVR

Protagonist of Final Fantasy VII

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Haha that was my first thought when I read what he posted. Like has he ever liked a movie haha

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    He knows what he likes. It's just the 80s version of all this stuff. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Tried 2 more episodes of Witcher and I’m done with it. The narrative is atrocious and I can’t get past the casting, mainly of Geralt but others too. I can not recommend it at all. Play the games instead.
    But I'm knee deep in games I don't have time to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Protagonist of Final Fantasy VII

Actually i was telling her how disappointed i am in her for still not seeing Shawshank and mentioned Cloud Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    He knows what he likes. It's just the 80s version of all this stuff. ;)

Who doesnt love 80s thought!
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Watched Gemini Man. It was bad. Really bad. It started off very interesting and had a chance but then went full blown Mission Impossible 2 fighting with motorcycles and weird cgi fight scenes that reminded me of the Matrix Reloaded against all the Agent Smiths. I wasnt expecting much, but damn. I suffered so you dont have to. What good movies has Will Smith done lately?

Bright 2017 on Netflix- That was terrible. Cant believe they are making a second one.
    Collateral Beauty 2016- Want to watch it just haven't for personal reasons
    Suicide Squad 2016- didnt watch
    Concussion 2015- meh
    Focus- kind of liked it
    hancock 2008- didnt care for it
    I am Legend 2007- i liked it

I skipped some. Enemy of the State was awesome, ahead of its time.
    I liked Hancock. At least enough to buy the DVD from blockbuster then not watch it.

It's on CBS All Access. Same as Star Trek Discovery (which is also good although much like I said about Picard - it's only Star Trek in name). I'm a cord cutter so I had the CBS sub to watch Ravens games.
    Locast will get you all the broadcast networks

I would stand by my opinion having seen most of Smith's catalog. Not saying anything about his marketability or drawing power. When I watch his films I see Will Smith playing the role, I don't see the role he's trying to play. For me it breaks the 4th wall and doesn't allow me to become immersed into almost anything he's done. Compare to something like Joker and watching that it's not like here's Joaquin Phoenix playing Joker, you feel like he is the Joker. So that's where Will Smith movies tend to not work for me. He's obviously had a ton of success so I'm not in the majority with that feeling, and that's okay. Every movie is not for everyone.
    How about Jersey Girl where he literally played Will Smith?

I like Sterling K. Brown who plays Randall on This Is Us and has won awards for it. He was in Frozen 2 recently as well, not sure what else. Great actor. Michael B. Jordan, of course. Anthony Mackie, Giancarlo Esposito, and I pretty much love anything Dwayne Johnson does (he is very similar to Will Smith in playing similar roles for every film, although he has improved a lot in recent years)...women side, not as many off the top of my head but Lupita Nyong'o and Danai Gurira are great.
    He was great in mmm as well

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I have not see much of This is Us. My wife has watched all of that. Brown plays and adopted kid or something like that? I have not seen enough to evaluate him in it but I imagined it must have been a tough role to pull off. Giancarlo Esposito created possibly the biggest cerebral badass antihero of all time in Breaking Bad. Really, his Gus Fring is just so interesting, believable and formidable. I think Lupita Nyong'o is cute as a button and was really impressed with her turn in Us. Jordan Peele has an eye for great and up and coming actors. The guy that played the father in Us, Winston Duke was just excellent as the goofy dad. Writing has some to do with it but he just nailed that goofy dad vibe. I think Yahya is going to be all over the place here soon. Guy is excellent. I'm glad he seems to be picking interesting work too and not crap.
    Esposito was great in Revolution as well.