Page 3 of 878 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    High Castle is very good. The female lead annoyed the hell outta me in S1, but she's much less wimpy in S2.

The scene in S2 when [redacted] takes over the Reich was one of the most powerful scenes I can ever remember--at the top of the "Wow!" scale with GOT's The Massacre at Hardhome IMO. The guy who plays [redacted] masters his role. Such an evil MFer, that [redacted].

Mindhunter (NF): Very good IMO. Based on a true story of how the FBI developed its methods for understanding sequence/serial killers.

The Expanse (SyFy and Amazon): Great if you like a little interplanetary conspiracy mixed in with your Sci-Fi. Good character development. S3 is scheduled for early 2018.

American Horror Story (FX, NF and Amazon): S1 (Murder House) and S2 (Asylum) is some of the best TV I've ever seen. Creepy. Original. Great twists. I can't get into S3 (The Coven). S5 (?) (Hotel), Ep1 was so awfully stupid--no need to go further on S5 for me.

Taboo (FX and Amazon): One man (with help from and a band of degenerates) takes on the mighty East India Company in 1814 London. Features a very unusual character played by Thomas Hardy. He's an awful person, incredibly flawed, master manipulator, a friend to no one, but has an unique sense of justice. American politics and spy-mastery is at-play, with agents of The Crown, assassins, and common street-thuggery mixed in as well. Oh, almost forgot about the witchcraft and mysticism. In an age of original programming, Taboo is one of the most original programs out there. Very, very gritty. Early 19th century London was a very interesting place.
    love High Castle! liked season 2 better as well.

loyal AHS watcher. 2 is my fav, followed by 1. didn't like 3 or 6. the current one I kinda like though the finale was last night (though I haven't watched yet!)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

American Horror Story (FX, NF and Amazon): S1 (Murder House) and S2 (Asylum) is some of the best TV I've ever seen. Creepy. Original. Great twists. I can't get into S3 (The Coven). S5 (?) (Hotel), Ep1 was so awfully stupid--no need to go further on S5 for me.
    Could not agree more. Wife and I watched it religiously until Hotel episode 1. It was so awful we both said "What the hell was that?" Haven't watched it since.

The Man in the High Castle is one I've been meaning to watch. I was awed by the premise of it and still have Amazon Prime. On my to do list.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Could not agree more. Wife and I watched it religiously until Hotel episode 1. It was so awful we both said "What the hell was that?" Haven't watched it since.

The Man in the High Castle is one I've been meaning to watch. I was awed by the premise of it and still have Amazon Prime. On my to do list.
    It was as if they were parodying themselves. I can't believe anyone green-lit that mess for production.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

S1 was outstanding.
    I am about to start that

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I got around to watching Brawl in Cell Block 99 and I loved it. Vince Vaughn is great as a big lumbering oaf with pummeling hams for fists. And he delivers a surprisingly touching performance on the drama side of things as well. It's in my top 5 of the year right now.
    I absolutely loved this movie, very unexpected. Really could of done with out that awful accent. As soon as I finished it, I wanted to watch it again.

The Walking Dead is just terrible to me.

White Famous is a pretty funny show, good time killer.

The Young Pope, very slow, pretty boring. Great performances, just bored out of my mind most of it, there were some great moments. I wouldn't bother.

Top of the Lake, both seasons were a decent watch. Pretty odd.

Oh yea, Bone Tomahawk was awesome. I love movies like that. Im going to look into the other one you mentioned.

Blog Entries

Just watched Wind River today. Pretty good movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I enjoyed that as well, was hoping for a bigger pay off at the end but still worth the watch.

24 Hours to Live with Ethan Hawke was a decent action watch

Thumper- not a bad watch, drug ring with high school kids

Movies on my list
    Killing of the Sacred Deer
    Walking out
    American Satan
    Last edited by usmccharles; 11-18-2017 at 09:15 PM.

1922- Netflix original. I hated it. Just so boring

Future Man- Hulu original. A society in the future sends a video game back to find their ultimate warrior. It's a vulgar comedy that's actually better than I thought.

Walking Out- eh. I don't recommend it.

American Assassin- Pretty bad ass action movie.

Blog Entries

What time does Vikings come on? I saw it on the History channel a few times and really liked it, but haven't seen it on in a while.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I'm actually reading the Mitch Rapp series right now.

I read the latest book that was released by Kyle Mills after Vicne Flynn died, not realizing it was a series and I went back to read through the whole series of books (there's 13 in the Rapp series).

I'm actually on American Assassin right now on chapter 11. The books are phenomenal. Vince Flynn knew how to write a thriller.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I saw Wind River over the weekend as well. I liked it.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    1922- Netflix original. I hated it. Just so boring

Future Man- Hulu original. A society in the future sends a video game back to find their ultimate warrior. It's a vulgar comedy that's actually better than I thought.

Walking Out- eh. I don't recommend it.

What I figured. The trailer un-sold me.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I saw Wind River over the weekend as well. I liked it.
    On my list.

@BigPlayReceiver