Page 299 of 879 FirstFirst ... 297298299300301 ... LastLast
Results 3,577 to 3,588 of 10538

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Marley station still has the theater. Saw star wars there with my dad a couple years ago.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Yeah that is the only one remaining but it did close up few years back.

that theater and JC Penny is the only thing keeping that mall from closing up entirely.

I'm in just to show my kids darkwing duck and gargoyles. Anything else is bonus. Lol

Darkwing Duck is my all time fav cartoon!! :D

Blog Entries

The Mandalorian first episode was good, felt more like Star Wars to me than any of the new movies (though I liked TFA and Rogue One). Nice hook there at the end. Looking forward to future episodes.

The catalog on Disney+ is really staggering. You hear about how much is going to be on there but scrolling through the actual catalog in the app just blows your mind. There’s so many things I remember from being a kid but had completely forgot about until today, such as Rookie of the Year and A Kid in King Arthur’s Court. I’m sure most of those movies will be bad watching as an adult but there is a certain level of nostalgia that will make watching them again worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The Mandalorian first episode was good, felt more like Star Wars to me than any of the new movies (though I liked TFA and Rogue One). Nice hook there at the end. Looking forward to future episodes.

The catalog on Disney+ is really staggering. You hear about how much is going to be on there but scrolling through the actual catalog in the app just blows your mind. There’s so many things I remember from being a kid but had completely forgot about until today, such as Rookie of the Year and A Kid in King Arthur’s Court. I’m sure most of those movies will be bad watching as an adult but there is a certain level of nostalgia that will make watching them again worth it.
    There were also a bunch of movies and shows I had no idea they had the rights to.

Blog Entries

There were also a bunch of movies and shows I had no idea they had the rights to.

I thought the same when I was scrolling through last night. I can't imagine telling 10 year old me that 23 years from then you'd have all these Disney movies, Marvel cartoons, and other shit at your fingertips any time you want for $7 a month. It's an insane value that changes the game for streaming services.

Not Disney+ related but I loved the first episode of this season of Rick and Morty. Not sure anyone else here watches that though...lol.

The finale of Mayans was also awesome and I'm glad we're getting another season because it left on a huge cliffhanger. Spoilers ahead if you care, they just went behind the rest of the club's chapters backs to get revenge on a rival club, and in the shootout the president of that club seems to have gotten away AND they ended up killing someone from the Sons of Anarchy which means there is a whole lot of shit coming next season.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

The Mandalorian is too new to talk about, other than vague terms right now (that final scene - I can't begin to describe how excited I am with the direction they're going).

I was surprised to find 4K HDR releases of Episodes 1-7 and Rogue One (The Last Jedi and Solo are still on Netflix). I just bought a new TV a few weeks ago and used Rogue One's Battle of Scariff and Revenge of the Sith's Battle of Coruscant as tests for the Disney+ streaming quality - and my god is it pretty!

In Rogue One, you can differentiate between the different armor plates on the hull of the star destroyers. The opening scene as the shuttle is passing by planetary rings, you can see the negative space where stars are blocked by the rings (I hadn't noticed that before). The Battle of Coruscant... the sunrise of Coruscant is blindingly bright (as a star should be), the detail of the different cruisers is incredible. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor after seeing those scenes - they honestly looked better than I remember in theaters. The drawback in Rogue One - Tarkin looks worse than I remember lol. I know the CGI wasn't great (it actually looked pretty good on a 720p screen), but Jesus it looks bad in 4k...

I thought the same when I was scrolling through last night. I can't imagine telling 10 year old me that 23 years from then you'd have all these Disney movies, Marvel cartoons, and other shit at your fingertips any time you want for $7 a month. It's an insane value that changes the game for streaming services.

Not Disney+ related but I loved the first episode of this season of Rick and Morty. Not sure anyone else here watches that though...lol.

The finale of Mayans was also awesome and I'm glad we're getting another season because it left on a huge cliffhanger. Spoilers ahead if you care, they just went behind the rest of the club's chapters backs to get revenge on a rival club, and in the shootout the president of that club seems to have gotten away AND they ended up killing someone from the Sons of Anarchy which means there is a whole lot of shit coming next season.
    I was pretty pumped for x-men the cartoon from fox

I read an article on Yahoo the other day that the rise of skywalker more closely resembles the Last Jedi than it does the Force Awakens and that is not a good sign as the Last Jedi was terrible.

Hopefully it was just a bad article.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I read an article on Yahoo the other day that the rise of skywalker more closely resembles the Last Jedi than it does the Force Awakens and that is not a good sign as the Last Jedi was terrible.

Hopefully it was just a bad article.
    I do not have high expectations to be honest. The trailer looks somewhat cool but there simply no way they are going to tell a coherent story given JJ Abrams almost certainly isn't going to double down on the BS from TLJ, which means a lot of retconning. It's a shame because I was one who thought Force Awakens was legitimately great, and put it very highly in my ranking of SW movies.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I do not have high expectations to be honest. The trailer looks somewhat cool but there simply no way they are going to tell a coherent story given JJ Abrams almost certainly isn't going to double down on the BS from TLJ, which means a lot of retconning. It's a shame because I was one who thought Force Awakens was legitimately great, and put it very highly in my ranking of SW movies.
    Yeah me too.

I am dying to see it but my expectactions are alot lower. I loved the Force awakens. It re invigorated my love for star wars that fell off from the previous three movies.

American Horror story final episode was a good one. Everything came full circle but it was definitely a strange storyline.

Blog Entries

Yeah, AHS was interesting with the ending. Overall a decent season, one of the better recent seasons imo.

The Mandalorian is fantastic. It’s soooooooo good.

Yeah, AHS was interesting with the ending. Overall a decent season, one of the better recent seasons imo.

The Mandalorian is fantastic. It’s soooooooo good.
    I only got to watch 5 minutes before my wife fell asleep, but already was able to grab my interest.