Page 290 of 880 FirstFirst ... 288289290291292 ... LastLast
Results 3,469 to 3,480 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: The Movies/TV thread

I didn't connect the dots with the tarantula...I did see the snow globe, which was funny.

It was what I thought it would be too. I've seen people say it was boring and I don't get that. I don't know what people were expecting, to say that. There was never going to be a ton of action in it given Jesse's status as a highly wanted fugitive, but there was plenty of suspense. Like I said before, even after watching it I'm not sure it was something we needed, but they did a good job with it. I wouldn't hate it if Vince Gilligan continued telling stories in this universe after he concludes Better Call Saul.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Saw Maleficent: Mistress of Evil tonight. I was pleasantly surprised. Reviews don't seem great but I enjoyed it, thought it was better than the first. One of the better live action Disney movies.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Can't believe Robert Forster, the guy from breaking bad that makes people disappear through his vacuum service died yester, when the movie was released. That's crazy. And sad.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    I was watching El Camino literally at the same time I saw the alert on Facebook on my phone that forester died, literally about 5 minutes after his 1st on screen performance. Thought that was crazy Erie coincidence. Sad he has been a Hollywood legend for decades.

Onto the movie. Honestly have to say I felt the movie was pretty bad. It had a snails pace and never picked up. I guess it answered a few remaining questions like them admitting Walter white died finally but I think the movie was just not very good.

I loved Breaking bad but this just was not as good as I expected.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I was watching El Camino literally at the same time I saw the alert on Facebook on my phone that forester died, literally about 5 minutes after his 1st on screen performance. Thought that was crazy Erie coincidence. Sad he has been a Hollywood legend for decades.

Onto the movie. Honestly have to say I felt the movie was pretty bad. It had a snails pace and never picked up. I guess it answered a few remaining questions like them admitting Walter white died finally but I think the movie was just not very good.

I loved Breaking bad but this just was not as good as I expected.
    I liked El Camino, but I didn't love it. I think they just tried so hard to give Jesse closure that they really left the plot kind of weak.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I liked El Camino, but I didn't love it. I think they just tried so hard to give Jesse closure that they really left the plot kind of weak.
    I think the Plot was massively flawed. Far too much screen time for the weirdo guy who killed the maid. We already knew he was weird from the final season of the series. They never showed the trailer scene or any police search after the few first minutes.

Then the draw down scene with the fake cops? Just pretty dumb in my opinion.

definitely a disappointment from my perspective.

So we're looking for some good Halloween time scary movies. Not interested in anything bloody serial killer types. More like the suspenseful horror scary - Amityville, The Omen, stuff like that. Watching with 14 and 16 year old boys, so keep that in mind. Any suggestions?

We watched the 2015 version of Poltergeist Saturday. I fell asleep about 30 minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    So we're looking for some good Halloween time scary movies. Not interested in anything bloody serial killer types. More like the suspenseful horror scary - Amityville, The Omen, stuff like that. Watching with 14 and 16 year old boys, so keep that in mind. Any suggestions?

We watched the 2015 version of Poltergeist Saturday. I fell asleep about 30 minutes in.
    The People under the stairs. Older movie but a good one.
    Stephen Kings Silver Bullet.
    Creep Show Oldie but a good one
    Phantasm
    Tales from the Crypt Demon Night
    The Frightners
    Drag me to Hell
    invasion of the body snatchers (Donald Sutherland newer one)
    They Live
    The Burbs (one of my alltime favorites) more funny than scary
    Sphere
    Event Horizon

Blog Entries

So some more recent stuff. Some of it is violent but not Friday or Saw violent. I endorse them all as quality in my opinion.

The Witch, Hereditary, Midsommar - the holy trinity of late ‘10s art house horror, you will either love them or hate them.

In The Tall Grass
    Gerald’s Game (could be awkward to watch with a couple teen kids due to premise but it’s good)
    Crawl
    Us
    Lights Out
    It Follows
    Don’t Breathe
    The Invitation
    The Babdook

Eli on Netflix looks interesting.

Hereditary is one of the scariest creepy movies I've seen in awhile.

Sent from my QS5509A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Eli on Netflix looks interesting.

Hereditary is one of the scariest creepy movies I've seen in awhile.

Sent from my QS5509A using Tapatalk
    Have you seen Midsommar yet? It's by the same director as Hereditary. I thought it was better. Neither of these films scared me but they were well done and interesting.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Have you seen Midsommar yet? It's by the same director as Hereditary. I thought it was better. Neither of these films scared me but they were well done and interesting.
    Not yet, excited to see it though

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

So, I’ve been watching Hip Hop evolution on Netflix. Really good series. Really enjoyed learning about some of the origins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.